Dumb fire Pets / non Scout pets still broken...?

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Deezknives, May 24, 2016.

1. Yards Well-Known Member

Do warlocks even use that spell? I know I don't.
  2. Dotuming Active Member

Or we could just get rid of all the billion extra temp buffs, all the procs, all the extra fluff, and crush our dps down to a reasonable level and then we wouldn't have to worry so much about the lag.
  3. Yoube Active Member

Stop using common sense Acki, it will make peoples head pop like zits on a teenagers face....
  4. Thand Well-Known Member

Why people call for nerfs that would Obversely Harm thier guilds progressions i never could figure out. It is not just about you.
  5. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Weapon procs with damage on them did make me very sad.

Big DPS numbers don't cause lag unless the game is using poor data types. The devs already confirmed this isn't an issue unlike WoW (which people love citing). The only way 'big damage' would be causing lag is how an attack goes through so many calculations and stats before its final result. Shrinking down the numbers would make them more intuitive and aesthetically pleasing but stat consolidation (trashing some and merging others) would do infinitely more to help lag.

You're right; its about the games overall health. Having classes that are heavily unbalanced is 100% counter to this. Allowing things to be over tuned to clear content is like allowing plat exploits to exist. Everyone who does it gets rich but the economy completely implodes.
  6. Ixian Active Member

I don't really think stat consolidation would help much with regards to lag; I'd say the biggest problems are:
    - How fast you can (theoretically) cast abilities due to capped recovery speed; spell casting is an expensive operation, and also more spells being cast = more procs going off too. Reduced HoT/DoT-duration type stuff also plays into this, since it would cause a big stack of calculations to occur again faster.
    - The number of "hidden" spell effects characters have on them because of AAs/prestige abilities and such.
  7. Kioske Well-Known Member

If they do, they should stop.
  8. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Wait a sec ... didn't Mogrim said EXACTLY same words about warlocks ability FC? lol
  9. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

To lag out scouts and make mages looks better on parses? (lol)