Dumb fire Pets / non Scout pets still broken...?

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Deezknives, May 24, 2016.

1. Jrel Well-Known Member

I think that's a great idea!
    Neiloch likes this.
  2. Kraeref Well-Known Member

That's exactly how enchanter got mimicry "fixed". The same few here were crying enchanters outparsing some tier1 classes on few seconds fights.

So it's same old song here about summoners.

Only one conclusion out of all this bruhaha comes to mind. Introduction of a fervor was a very bad idea. Devs didn't think through how it would effect every spell of every class. Due to not enough funding or manpower or both but the fact remains. It greatly unbalanced classes that were not very balanced to begin with.
  3. Veta Well-Known Member

Sigmaz is getting cocky. No one said I was the best.
  4. Lithinor Member

that's not going to happen... basic math is a pretty hard concept for her to accept. but hey, from the sounds of it, she's not building the raid around her as much any more so there's that... improvements in small strides i guess lol
  5. Arieva Well-Known Member

I hear through the grape vine some of your dps has gotten "top of the heap" lazy which is why I suggested the pairing.
  6. Jrel Well-Known Member

It's not a matter of laziness. It's a matter of Undead Horde x2 lagging the **** out of the raid, which the Devs appear to be ignoring. I'd throw the warlock too in there. but UH is way more obvious.
    Neiloch and Strane like this.
  7. Yards Well-Known Member

Not exactly sure what I use that lags the raid out.
  8. Veta Well-Known Member

People were complaining about lag on last weapon of war we killed. I now know where it is all coming from, since there weren't any necromancers in raid. Its from warlocklaggeneratingability#1, you know, that ability.
  9. Beee Well-Known Member

They are not ignoring this, but it takes time like the change of ETox to find a way to reduce the 12 pets to eg 3 (like conjurer communion)

And yes, Undead Horde x2 means 24 pets for 12 seconds.. this produces lag.. and they are watching this problem ;)
    Neiloch likes this.
  10. Strane New Member

Gotta love being able to only cast 3 of 7 intended CA's in PFT's 12 second window!
    Neiloch and Jrel like this.
  11. Arieva Well-Known Member

So I'm getting from these posts, there is possibly a need to fix lag causing abilities and probably should be addressed before we even take a hard look at class balance. Because once that class change hammer hits it's historically hard to undo the damage done.
  12. Strane New Member

The lag definitely needs to be addressed.
    I don't see the need for another nerf to dumbfires in the future, the one they already implemented seems to be enough.
  13. Enigma Active Member

Hehe i was waiting for a reply like this :D
  14. Jrel Well-Known Member

I wish I knew too. It is not a full lag out, just constant 200-400 ms lag. With a necro or lock not in raid (and no 2nd necro also), the ease of casting CAs is obious. With both gone, it is like a brand new game as everything flows magically, or to put it succinctly, like casting in the alt raid or heroics. With Undead Horde being quite obvious currently, I totally forgot about warlock lag until I had In Plain Sight, and both my "unbreakable stealth" abilities, Predator's Final Trick and the deity ability Trickster's Mockery, both die within two seconds of being cast when you were in G1 and we were doing Kraletus. The stealth abilities only breaking normally when Undead Horde is cast on heavy fights like Psionists, the magicians and the captains in Maldura (and now in damn Zek x4). But... it could have been the zone server or my connection or something else, and that was back then, it could be fixed now. It's hard to tell now anyway since we always have a necro in raid. I'm not immune to causing lag either; I know my Smoke Bomb can stop everything for about a second when the raid is already lagging. Not much to worry about though since DBG took it out of my 30 second AOE rotation when they nerfed its reset.
  15. Jrel Well-Known Member

The Devs don't care. I created a DGC issue about it in January and it is now July.
    Neiloch likes this.
  16. Jrel Well-Known Member

No. I guess sidetracked the thread. My bad. There's actually multiple things that need to be addressed, and it will keep compounding if everything now isn't addressed like they should have been a month ago. Well, months when I sent feedback about other stuff. Sorry to sidetrack.
  17. Veta Well-Known Member

What? Trickster's Mockery lasts for 3minutes and persists through death.
  18. Jrel Well-Known Member

PFT and TM are "infallible". Imagine my suprise when they both started dieing prematurely in raid in May. And the 2nd time. And the 3rd time... And it is still happens. I'd say, for me, it is currently 50/50 for TM to fail during raid in the heavy AOE fights like Psionists, and Mages, and the Captains. Sometimes it even gets to last 30 seconds before dying. I don't bother trying to cast it anymore on Mages/Captains. I shouldn't even have to think about using TM on anything in the first place if IPS wouldn't break during UH.
    Neiloch likes this.
  19. Neiloch Well-Known Member

A Warlock would probably be able to figure it out easier but my guess would be the sheer amount of dots being used and the calculations involved. There might be one warlock ability responsible for the majority of it but im not sure what it could be. This is why UH/Swarms are so much worse because they are dots with a lot more calculations needed since they are also entities/pets. Even if all those swarms were turned into dots outright it probably wouldn't get rid of the lag completely, it would just bring necro lag down to warlock lag.

There was a window of time where, since scouts had more access to fervor (ethereal bow), things were a lot closer to balanced in the cases where scouts had one. Once mages could get their hands on 'aura of immolation' among other fervor sources higher than that of RC items and enchanters could mimic them it became a train wreck.
  20. Strane New Member

Doesn't the warlock cloak (raid wide Curse of Darkness) produce a lot of lag?