Dumb fire Pets / non Scout pets still broken...?

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Deezknives, May 24, 2016.

1. Veta Well-Known Member

The hardest transition ever is trying to go from never casting the lightning bolt, to casting it every other spell, then not casting it again :p . Unless that awesome text tells you to do so.
  2. Arieva Well-Known Member

So per tomorrows patch notes the pets are being adjusted. Can't say I'm surprised...but why wasn't the base damage lowered. Instead we're going back the other direction and having the proper sharing reduced. While we may not be right back where we started we are back to "restrict summoner from overpowered hammer x because the effect doesn't fully share to their pets". Thanks guys.
  3. Anunnaki Active Member

The people in charge of balance continue to show they have no idea what they are doing. Sure, they could have been adjusted down a bit, but not adjusting base values and limiting sharing is INSANE. Cant wait to have these same conversations yet again next xpac, and the one after that, and the one after that.
    Livejazz, Azian and -Soteria- like this.
  4. Rondo9 Active Member

I feel sorry for the scouts, they should of just adjusted summoners and not all dumbfires.
  5. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Well, perhaps if they lowered just 'fervor' sharing so it was more in line overall it would have been too low? Like some small percent that's not intuitive, but by lowering it a little across the board each stat has a noticeable impact still.

Lowering the base damage of pets might of penalized the low-mid players too much but even that seems unlikely with so much fervor and pot floating around.

I'm all for incremental tweaks if they keep it frequent.
    Livejazz likes this.
  6. Ashandra Well-Known Member

Nerfing summoner dps hey, what are all the million summoner alts going to do now? ima go stand in the welfare line with Mrmacky.
  7. Arieva Well-Known Member

Yes there is some irony in that the person that started this thread specified "non-scout pets" and theirs got nerfed right along with us.
  8. Dotuming Active Member

I would accept the adjustment to swarm pets as i agree they needed to be toned down. I just hope they are making small adjustments downwards to find balance instead of swinging the 100 lb sledgehammer. Now can we fix the pets so when we change damage types in accordance with all these scripts that require it, the swarm pets will change damage types as well? Your leaving a huge amount of summoner dps unable to be cast when fighting Krael as well as Mushroom which are the hardest fights in game.
  9. Kaarkula Active Member

Get so sick of this routine.
  10. Entropy Well-Known Member

News from the Future: Summoners this weekend have been parsing a few percent behind sorcerers and predators; at least seven conjurers and five necros have been found dead in their inn rooms after apparent suicide. More to follow on this terrible turn of events.
    DoomDrake and Beee like this.
  11. Kaarkula Active Member

/slaps knee
  12. Veta Well-Known Member

The way it reads, I am assuming they are going to stop the double dipping on certain "buffs." However, I have been wrong before. We will see tomorrow.
    Livejazz likes this.
  13. Grouchey New Member

By today's update looks like he got his wish. Dumbfire pets will no longer have as large a gain from Pot and Ferv. We can only see how bad the nerf is going to be. Will summoners still be wanted or just shelf ornaments as in the past?
  14. rutro Well-Known Member

Serious Question- can an SK ...even die?
  15. Neiloch Well-Known Member

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you think that hawk attack and band of thugs possibly getting nerfed will make scouts upset since (scout shadows) =/= (swarm or dumbfire pets)
  16. sycla Active Member

Why dont you give it a rest..you got what you wanted in summoner nerfs.
    Hope you are as full of indignation and fervor when you see the class you play being OP
  17. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Give what a rest? Pointing out scout shadows aren't swarm or dumbfires? That's what you quoted anyway. I didn't think I mentioned that so often.

TBH from what I have seen so far the impact is minimal and I imagine people won't think its enough. I'll have a better idea at the end of the day. It seems it was more a mechanic fix than a balance one. If they left what they changed in it could have snowballed into a bigger problem later.

That hasn't happened since desert of flames. And Rangers fully acknowledged it was ridiculous. Sniper Squad was double dipping for a while recently but it just allowed rangers to better keep up with summoners for a week.
  18. Azian Well-Known Member

What are the early reports? I won't be on until later to see for myself. How significant are the changes?

I also think that doing it the way they did was odd. If there is some kind of double dip (referenced above by Veta) then I understand and would call it a fix. However, the dumbfires SHOULD share the stats with summoners and if they were OP they should have adjusted the base damage rather than how the stats share. Also, if this is a "double dip" then they really should specify that in the notes to deflect at least some of the angst that comes with any nerf.
    Livejazz likes this.
  19. Azian Well-Known Member

Agreed on the DoF thing as far as timing but broadly saying that rangers were ok with it is definitely overstating the case. There were a lot of vocal and unhappy rangers after that change. Wizards (in particular) were exceedingly outspoken and the proc nerf just brutalized rangers. They fixed/nerfed the procs but didn't adjust rangers base damage to compensate which, as I'm sure you know better than most, left them behind for a very, very long time. That combined with the ammo issue back then just killed that class for me...basically forever.
    Livejazz likes this.
  20. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Well it did say it was lowering the amount they were getting from BUFFS, not from stat sharing. (veta also pointed this out to me).
    Livejazz and Azian like this.