Isle of Refuge (Free Trade) Server Coming June 28

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Jun 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dexella Associate Producer

[IMG]

Welcome to Isle of Refuge.

No, not THAT Isle of Refuge. Well, not quite anyway. This Isle of Refuge is a new special server launching on Tuesday, June 28, 2016.

How will this server be different from Live servers or other special servers (such as TLE Progression and Event servers)? Here’s how:

Isle of Refuge is what we call a “Free Trade Server.” This means that almost all items can be traded freely between players. There are a few exceptions – Heirloom items purchased via a merchant or in the marketplace, granted from repeatable quests, or received via /claims will remain Heirloom.

When Isle of Refuge launches, there will be no transfers allowed on or off Isle of Refuge. This is a new Norrathian community being formed, and we want you all to have the opportunity to build relationships and a thriving player economy. There are no plans to EVER allow transfers off the Isle of Refuge server, though we may open transfers TO this server at a future date. While we’ll have news regarding transfers to Isle of Refuge in the future, at launch all characters will begin a new journey on the server.

A few other things to note about Isle of Refuge:
    • There will be limited account bonuses and/or claims at the launch of the Free Trade Server.
    • There will be no Battlegrounds access on the Free Trade Server.
    • To play on the Free Trade Server, you must be an All Access Member.

Get ready to journey to a Norrath like you’ve never experienced before. Get ready for Isle of Refuge.
  2. Raff Well-Known Member

Dexella,

Are Kronos going to be allowed on this server?
  3. Xper Well-Known Member

Is that backwards?

One of the main reasons people are at all interested in this server is to start fresh on a server that has not been exposed to any of the recent epic exploits, allowing xfers would just let someone bring over their millions of plat and disrupt the economy.
    Algarrana, Sapryze, Siren and 3 others like this.
  4. Tradeserverwoot Member

Can we buy heroic toons or is this going to be not allowed?
  5. Xper Well-Known Member

Bah sorry now i get it, they don't care about the economy. They just dont want people to be able to transfer their toons off the server if they stop subscribing.
    Sapryze and Siren like this.
  6. Tradeserverwoot Member

It is hard to say. They don't want people leaving due to being able to trade around gear that is not trade-able on normal servers. Example would be moving here then switching gear around then coming back off it.

As far as bringing toons here, I want to bring my toons but like you said. I also don't want people bringing their items that we cannot get anymore over here or their cheated coin/items. But then again if they allow kronos. It isn't going to stop that person from just buying and bringing 500 of them over.
    Sapryze likes this.
  7. Tradeserverwoot Member

I mainly want to know if we can buy heroic toons or not. That will make a big difference to our server.
  8. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

Dexella, please tell us what account bonuses/claims specifically will not be allowed and if those same bonuses/claims will be sold on the marketplace.
    Jaden, Tekka and Siren like this.
  9. Siren Well-Known Member

What time next Tuesday is the Free Trade server expected to launch?
  10. Lamatu Active Member

As expected we didn't get a full rundown of things for this server. They mentioned limited /claim, so my interpretation is no claimed xp pots but you can spend cash for some.

No mention of agnostics so I assume you can just get to level 95 a lot faster than running old content.

For anyone wondering about Krono I'm sure it will be available. Daybreak knows Krono is bought to convert to plat and with very nice items being on the broker you can expect inflation to rise rapidly.
    Sapryze and Jaden like this.
  11. Caith Developer

There are only a very few restricted claims, the only one I can think of off hand is the Goblin Games tickets. Veteran bonuses, beta rewards, etc, are all available to /claim.
  12. Tradeserverwoot Member

Caith, can we buy heroic toons?
  13. Anhari Active Member

Isle of Refuge (EQ II) = Firiona Vie (EQ). This rule-set is almost exactly the same as the EQ FV Server. Toons allowed in, but never leave. The economy is stagflation. Krono's sell for 8K plat, everything winds up on the broker/bazaar with very few exceptions (such as TIV Raid gear from the last expansion).

For people who like the inflation and being able to buy everything without having to work for it, this is a great server model; For the others? Stay where you are. You would be better off.

I am not complaining. Just giving a perspective from someone who has played on both EQ and EQ II and was a "plank-owner" on Firiona Vie back in the day. (I have tried every new server model, FV, Stormhammer, EQ, EQII Vanguard, etc. I just love to explore new things!
    Mizgamer62, Neiloch and Bloodguts like this.
  14. Seryndipity Active Member

We are not even remotely interested in this! Just our personal choice of course but wow, no thanks. Put a few more restrictions on the whole notion of a Free Trade server, why don't you?
    Sapryze, Merriel and Livejazz like this.
  15. Ummmyeh Active Member

You have a mouse in your pocket? I am pretty stoked.
    Siren and Bishia like this.
  16. Silkmyst Active Member

I'm also excited about it, although I have more accounts than time to play lol. I'll be making chars on the new server.
    Silk
    Bishia likes this.
  17. hansdampf New Member

More nonsense to destroy the existing already shrinking communities on the few remaining servers...
  18. Raff Well-Known Member

I hope not. That would kill the whole idea of starting a whole server anew, imo. It would just make it another (short) race to endgame. Would love to see a lot of folks in the old content again.
  19. Raff Well-Known Member

Kronos, Heroic toons & Agnostics will ruin a new server. Just like they have on the current servers.
  20. Yozilie Active Member

Both new servers will either be a total FLOP, or kill the current servers much like TLE did. Horrible move Daybreak. Horrible!!
    Juraiya, Sapryze, rainy1 and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.