New Guild Halls...too expensive

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Vunder, Jun 14, 2016.

1. suka Well-Known Member

yeah. and there were 3 guild hall lots to choose from in each neighborhood. you could only have one guild hall. you couldn't rent to anyone outside your guild. if no one logged in for 30 days the guild hall was evicted and ended in the owner's postal. you had to buy two or three room houses to put on each lot. if you didn't log that toon in for 90 days, no matter what the reason, you were evicted. you can have 3 houses. both guild lot and house lot have a small weekly upkeep no matter where you got them from. you can buy the house in the game but that requires an additional upkeep. halls came with complete amenities and you could buy more from the people in the front of the neighborhood zone. you could also buy crafting stations for houses but they cost additional weekly upkeep.

all in all, i like the prestige housing in eq2 better- and the fact that no matter what house you get, you won't get evicted. you can get locked out- but never evicted. big change from eq1 where i still have a ton of eviction crates sitting on the postal guy
    Belenos and Meneltel like this.
  2. suka Well-Known Member

well, i did buy my mercs, reforging, tradeskill apprentices and dungeon maker for the price of an expansion. because it was like an expansion. sadly i didn't buy the collector's edition so i don't have the charsis dungeon. those things didn't get broken up until they decided to give away the dungeonmaker for free. and they are cheaper than what i spent to buy the entire thing. so i think you are comparing apples to oranges. there have always been mounts available at higher prices in almost every game. in eq1, where you can't fly, i actually bought several pegasus.

this is supposed to be the first two of several halls. hopefully they will come out with cheaper halls that will be plainer and lend themselves more to decorating. i can't see decorating either of these two halls. they seem to be for the "stick amenities in and go play" crowd, not decorators
    Jaden, Moonpanther and Belenos like this.
  3. suka Well-Known Member

aod was a feature pack. you can now get dungeon maker for free. but if you didn't buy the feature pack, you now have to buy the features separately. i was really glad when they broke it up because my accounts that didn't craft could still get mercs for only $10 per account. and that was the main thing i wanted on them
    Belenos and Ishuna like this.
  4. suka Well-Known Member

no it has always included the ones previously. people used to gripe that they had paid for each expac when it came out and new comers paid for only one and got them all. go figure.
    aod was not an expansion- it was like an expansion. but it was a feature pack. we didn't like that things that should be included in the game had to be paid for in a feature pack separately from expansions, but that is what they decided to do. incidentally, in eq1, mercs were included in an expansion and everyone after that got mercs as a game feature. however, if you didn't do a quest, you got a tier 1 merc. if you did the quest, you got a j5 merc. only if you were silver or f2p, you got reduced back down to a tier 1 merc
  5. Finora Well-Known Member

Actually we didn't always get all expansions with the purchase of a new one. Either Echoes of Faydwer or Rise of Kunark was the first "all in one" expansion pack. Prior to that everything, including the adventure packs, had to be purchased separately. Of course then long time players complained about having to pay the same price as new players when all they needed was the latest expansion, not the whole game.

Age of Discovery wasn't a real expansion from the start and was very poorly received and people begged for it to be offered split up. Presumably because it wasn't "content or necessary features" someone decided it should it should be stuck up there with Freeblood and the Freeblood only goodies for SC forever. As for the price, it was still available as a single $40 (4000) SC purchase up until they made Dungeon Maker a stripped down free feature. At that point it was left with only the individual purchases which add up to way more if you buy them all.
    Belenos and Mizgamer62 like this.
  6. Tekka Well-Known Member

Mounts might be higher priced in EQ1, but not every game. There are three games I have played in the last year where mounts are available either directly in the cash shop, or in one case part of the wedding pack, and are considerably cheaper than the mounts in EQ2. This game has one of the least favorable (to the player) cash shops in current games I've played with a sub or free + cash shop model.
  7. Darkon Well-Known Member

Also, to be fair, someone had to buy it 'first' to realize that the 'amenity' didn't actually exist.
  8. Feldon Well-Known Member

Four thus far.
    One guild has bought the $400 hall.
    Three guilds have bought the $350 hall.
    Belenos, Lucus, suka and 1 other person like this.
  9. RedvsBlue Well-Known Member

Statistics, who needs em right? I mean its not like everyone is curious to know how many players from those four guilds cancelled subs?
  10. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

I'm a reasonably responsible adult with bills, etc. This is not even remotely anything I'd budget for. It's not something I'd get as a gift for anyone, either at this price. (Not so much cheap as practical).

So that tells me that people buying them are a minority of people with a lot of discretionary cash, or they are people buying them out of their means. If guilds are getting a dollar apiece from each member, fine, they fall in the first group - although I would really like to know what guild anymore has 350 - 400 individual people in it that are active players.

The first group yay, more power to you. If DBG is targeting the second group because they think they can get them to pay this much anyway...there's got to be a circle in hell for people that would do that. It's egregious. Sure, you don't have to buy anything - but when you make a pixel item be something this expensive hoping someone will do an impulse buy: shame on you.

I hope I'm never someone that thinks a $400 pixel castle in a game is a status symbol.
    Belenos and Prissetta like this.
  11. RedvsBlue Well-Known Member

I am a little bit shocked that nobody is taking the plat auction sites into consideration for this high of a figure. With a going rate of roughly 8500 plat per dollar, it would only take 3.4 million plat to buy that. I know plenty of players who have more than that number. This doesn't count any other transactions that occur through pay pal for in game items. I mean really touche on their part for sucker punching people who abuse those systems imo.
    Jaden and Arielle Nightshade like this.
  12. Breta Well-Known Member

gotta love how DBG didn't even make an official announcement thread. Fear the backlash much?
  13. Darkon Well-Known Member

The 350$ looks better than the 400$, but the 400$ had a new amenity, so we went all out to get it. Only to find out it was an exp vial which does nothing at 100. Lol..
    Belenos, Mizgamer62 and suka like this.
  14. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Caveat emptor, I am sorry to say.
    Belenos and Arielle Nightshade like this.
  15. Darkon Well-Known Member

Yea, I don't think that applies so much in the United States. Perhaps in Indonesian fish markets. Neat phrase though.

Also, verification of usability of a mystery amenity is not possible until someone makes the purchase; nor are the restrictions on item placements.
    Belenos, Lucus, Prissetta and 2 others like this.
  16. Kander Developer

Just FYI.

We do have other guild halls [different new guild halls] that will be being added to in-game content only coming soon. One just around the corner with GU 101. The plan is to regularly have ones that can be earned through game play in the future.
    Neiloch, Malleria, Prissetta and 2 others like this.
  17. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

KoS did not include DoF when it was released. This is why Tenebrous Tangle is a lvl 50-ish zone in an xpac that raised the cap from 60 to 70. The harvest skill level for that area was also lower than in Barren Sky or the Bonemire IIRC, even though they all supply the same goods.
  18. suka Well-Known Member

i stand corrected- i was on eq1 during that time and we had all of the past expacs when we bought any.
    Jaden likes this.
  19. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

Sooo...the $350-$400 ones? Did you really mean to charge that much or did someone leave a decimal point out after $35 and $40? Will they be fixed? We can already earn guild halls through gameplay, although it's nice to have new models coming up.
    Belenos, Prissetta and Mizgamer62 like this.
  20. RadarX Community Manager

Just curious, could you point me to where we've stated that so I can clear it up? I see assumptions being made from time to time that multiple groups are on different pages within the company. It just isn't true.

This was obviously a new feature and the team wanted to see how it performs. Like anything else, things operate on supply and demand, go on sale, and change.
    Moonpanther, suka and Prissetta like this.