New Guild Halls...too expensive

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Vunder, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Vunder Well-Known Member

400 bucks.

Thats simply ********.
    Kurogo, Quillyne, ubbabeast and 15 others like this.
  2. NrthnStar5 Well-Known Member

They are grossly overpriced IMO. Sure.... it's supposed to be a group purchase, but c'mon. $50 - $100 at most.
    Kurogo, Blatant, Griffon Lady and 6 others like this.
  3. Tekka Well-Known Member

When you say '400 bucks' do you mean the new tickets, or actual real life currency?
  4. NrthnStar5 Well-Known Member

400 Tickets. Each ticket cost $1.00 real money.
    ubbabeast, Mizgamer62 and Cloudrat like this.
  5. Tekka Well-Known Member

I... have no words for this. At least none I'd willing to post on a forum.

It does confirm the trend.
  6. Xper Well-Known Member

I will refrain from posting in this thread, lest I receive any disciplinary action.

Edit: I take it back, just saw this "PLUS, the Skyshrine Capital Guild Hall has a bonus amenity available – the chrono echo of a dragon! Members of the guild that owns the hall may find that she grants a special bonus to them."

Can anyone please confirm what special bonus you get in game for paying $400 for a GH? Is this 10% mount speed? or 30% fervor?
  7. Belenos Well-Known Member

That goes in spades for me too! Oh, I have the words alright! Gotta bite tongue now...gotta....
  8. Tommara Active Member

Yeah, that's pretty much over the top. Wish I hadn't paid for quarterly membership.
  9. Mermut Well-Known Member

What do overpriced guild halls have to do with subbing?
    Kurisutaru, Kittybock, suka and 2 others like this.
  10. Reevar Active Member

So they didn't want to sell these? Seriously I was planning to grab one for my alt guild but that's when i thought they would be 30 or 40 bucks.
    Kurogo, Hartsmith, Siren and 4 others like this.
  11. Tekka Well-Known Member

I think the poster means that they would, or will, cancel their membership due to the <blatant gimmicks, edit> with the massively over priced guild hall being the last, but they'd already paid a multi-month membership, so that money is just set on fire.

Also - no one has been able to find any documentation as to what the item count is, what amenity level (t1, t2, t3) these halls are considered, nor whether they require both coin and status upkeep, or neither. OR what the "bonus amenity" for skyshrine actually does.

But are expected to shell out a considerable some of real currency to find out.
  12. Thalador Active Member

Wow. I thought SOE was greedy. Congrats DBG - you took the cake!
    Kurogo, Blatant, Cloudrat and 7 others like this.
  13. Nelie Well-Known Member

Only 80 months for a sub to get a guild hall! LOL (That being 500 DBC = $5; 400/5 = 80)
  14. Indy Member

Well, several players are having an issue with the housing layout editor as of today's update, so plan on the possibility of being unable to use the housing editor to decorate it for an indeterminate period if you get one of the guild halls. (Details: Unhandled exception error when attempting to open a new or existing saved housing layout in the housing layout editor, affecting players both playing directly, or through Steam, on Windows 7 or later.)
  15. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I'd like to know item count, if there is an upkeep (SP/plat etc), and what is that special amenity and what it offers.

Maybe it's out there already and someone can point me in the right direction :)
  16. Tekka Well-Known Member

Related to the discontinuation of support for some windows? Does anyone know how to contact Jesdyr?
  17. Ishuna Well-Known Member

Completely over the top. 100$ at the most. The sad thing is I'm sure there will be some that do it so we can expect more of the same. As much as I love eq2 and appreciate the work the devs do, I'm getting very disgusted with the greed of daybreak as a company and won't support thier overwhelming greediness.
  18. Indy Member

Not sure what's causing it, only that it started as of today's update and is affecting people who are running versions of Windows that are still supported by EQII. Sorry, I do not.
  19. d1anaw Well-Known Member

Unbelievable. And a blatant pandering to raiding guilds. Everyone else would have to fork over hundreds of dollars of their own money. What a load of crap. There won't be any support for that from MY purse.
    Blatant, Lucus and Cloudrat like this.
  20. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I toured both the new guild halls this morning... NO WAY are they worth $400. Not happening. And in the fine print, if someone buys too many tickets, there are no refunds. :mad:
    Quillyne, Blatant, Hartsmith and 8 others like this.