Summer 2016 Ethereals Begin!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Jun 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roshen Well-Known Member

Summer Ethereal Items are here!

During the event players will be able to pick up Ethereal missions from the mission NPC’s in Thalumbra, the Ever Deep. These missions will grant you Umbrite Ethereal Coins, and a chance at the current accessory reward or an Ethereal Rune.

Umbrite Ethereal Coins may be used to purchase any of the available rewards from the Lylleia, the Ethereal Merchant.

[IMG]

In addition, over the course of the event there will be several periods of time that award bonus Ethereal Coins for members. Starting TODAY and running until 11:59PM PT on Monday, June 13, 2016 All Access members will receive DOUBLE Ethereal Coins.

On the Thurgadin server, the first double Ethereal Coin event for members will be extended until 1:59PM on Tuesday, June 14, 2016.

This is in addition to the bonus that All Access members get every day to their alternative currency earned in-game. That means double DOUBLE Ethereal Coins for members during the times for bonus Ethereal Coins.

Don’t miss your chance to stock up on coins early, and pick up the Ethereal items that you’re looking for!
  2. Nkito Well-Known Member

Does this mean quadruple coins for members?
  3. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

Are you going to give Thurgadin an extra day since you didn't patch us the same time as US? Didn't think so...
    Beee and Xyno like this.
  4. Roshen Well-Known Member

5. Ratitz Active Member

Is this currently active?
    Also, are the current ethereals available the only ones for the entire summer? It was mentioned in the Producer's Letter about "waves". Just asking for clarification on that.
    Thanks!
  6. Eldy New Member

Beee and Xyno like this.
  7. Amfish Active Member

Because we sometimes get the patch at 3am london time the next morning. how it has been for a long time on the eu servers. Sometimes they give us updates at the same time, but that means downtime in the middle of the day for us europeans and people complain. all you are missing out on is the chance at disco's and like half a day of double double eth coins
  8. Nkito Well-Known Member

Assuming ethereal waves are happening, do they only apply to the dropped armor/jewelry pieces? Would runes be dropping the entire event and would the current jewelry items remain available on the merchant after the first wave ends?
  9. Feldon Well-Known Member

Game Updates with new content should be done at the same time even if it disrupts EU gameplay.
    Game Updates with content fixes can be done at the EU-friendly time.
    Sapryze, Jaden, Juraiya and 8 others like this.
  10. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

In the sake of fairness, the double tokens should run for an extra 24 hours on Thurgadin to incorporate another Daily run.
    Juraiya, Ishuna and Beee like this.
  11. duckster Active Member

Here is hoping...EU servers tend to be an afterthought most of the time.
    Sapryze likes this.
  12. Evilnok Active Member

where will the merchant will be at in the zone?
  13. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Glaufaye area at -463, 192, 242
    Nockturnal and Evilnok like this.
  14. Elfrina Member

More difficult stuff to do, summer vacation week so a total miss out for me. Tough to find groups anyway.
  15. Regolas Well-Known Member

How long is this event going to be for?

I'd like to work out worst case scenario for how long it will take me to earn 180 tokens for the two runes I want!
  16. Regolas Well-Known Member

Opposite Stygian tunnel entrance in the air a little on a leaf enclosure
  17. Trilly Active Member

These are only for groups? No way for solo coins or chances to be gotten? Under solo advanced, ethereal...it says get a group to do. Have played this game since start and it has finally gotten to be almost too frustrating to continue. I can't earn things unless I am grouped? Or I have crappy RNG to go through to try to get a chance at things. But if I have coins...I can pay thru the nose for them when someone auctions them??? I liked your questionaire today but am not holding out much hope that solo players will get much more "love" than they have the last couple of years...wonder why? This isnt meant to be a solo vs heroic/raid player argument..only a statement that after all these years playing, and paying my money, it still appears that solo players are dealt the rotten stick. If I am wrong and solo players will be given a chance to earn ethereals...please correct me and show me how. thanks!
    Sapryze, Merriel, Fuzzybunny and 2 others like this.
  18. Jarek New Member

if you are a solo player u simply dont need them, even "heroic players" dont need them tbh ..
    but another point here i dont understand ...
    why u play an MMOG then when u play solo all the time .. in an MMO the main focus is to interact/play with real players and have fun and not running around and doing solo quests,zones or decorating your house 24/7 ... ok i might be exaggerating a bit sry, but i hope u get the idea behind my post :)
  19. Mowse Well-Known Member

The point of a MMO is to play a game. Your own way. Interact in multiple ways. Even listening to the inane chatter in chat channels is interacting. Small group of friends... even one other.. is interacting. To say "what's the point" is sort of condescending.
    Kittybock, Montag, Kraeref and 6 others like this.
  20. Trilly Active Member

Yes, Mowse, that was a condescending statement from Jarek. I don't solo ALL the time. I belong to a guild, I assist players that I know, or don't know if they need it, I do tradeskills, I did not know that "real players" are those who group or raid. This is just the kind of discussion I was not looking for. I have 10 level 100 players/tradeskillers...I have enjoyed all kinds of play styles..but, my question was....are solo players eliminated from a chance to earn or loot ethereals this time around?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.