Test Update Notes: Friday June 3, 2016

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Caith, Jun 3, 2016.

1. Retrebution Member

Lol just reread my above post. Forgive the typos, i am posting from my phone :p
  2. Deezknives New Member

Nice. ty Dev's for more of a chance to get the purple runes.... Also Please FIX SCOUT CONVERSION...We are just falling more and more behind Mages... and with lag? its not even fair anymore..ive never even seen cap on CB.. and all the mages in my guild see it capped every night.
    Faelen and Montag like this.
  3. Jrel Well-Known Member

To add, it is melee conversion in general. That goes for tanks, healers, bards, etc.; anyone needing melee stats from gear aren't getting the same benefit as those with straight 12 pot > CB/Pot conversions.
    Beee and Montag like this.
  4. Deezknives New Member

mhmm... has anyone even done the math as to how long it would take a person who hits these every day to get all three runes? Considering you dont get an eth and can trade in for a boost?
  5. Talduke Active Member

I tried to find a way to mirror my toon on to test so I could run some zones and see how this quest thing works. Unfortunately there is not a way to do that and you have to create a new toon on the server. If anyone knows how to do this I could probably get a few guildies to join me so we can get an idea for how these items will drop.

On a semi side note To DBG in general, can you please implement a way for characters to either mirror their toons to test server or have a free item that pushes the toon to max lvl and aa and a npc that has high end items for free so people can actually test the new content meant to be tested. If this already exists ignore this message :)
  6. Montag Well-Known Member

Please just make them all heirloom. Who cares if altaholics get them faster. They are now required items for class balance, without them scouts are pretty much garbage. Inb4 "lfm need tank or heals" all day.
  7. xkrisx Well-Known Member

I play 2 tanks and a healer so I guess getting groups should be a snap for me lol :)
  8. Regolas Well-Known Member

Don't know how many you get for a daily and weekly, but if you assume 1 and 3 then:

Max of 20 for all access per week.

Just over 4 weeks to get 1 rune.

If weekly is 5 coins, then max weekly coins is 24. Less than 4 weeks then.
  9. Montag Well-Known Member

Oh
    it will be. 100%. Gonna be scoutmania in pugland guarenteed.
  10. xkrisx Well-Known Member

yeah it will.. but hey, atleast the increased grouping activity for a month will be nice, even if it dies off later.
  11. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Just use scouts to tank zones, problem solved!
  12. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

Such items should never be tradable or heirloom, neither you should be able pick up the second item.
  13. Yahku Active Member

Another set of important, mighty items without def stats. I really want to know whether there are plans to remove these stats from game. Or are tanks always forgotten? No def stats on mythicals, no def stats on class cloaks, none on these ethereals, . . . just curious.

I do like offensive gear, but would be nice to have at least a choice. And btw, trading 600 potency for def stats is not a choice like for some of the zek items, in case of doubt, remove autoattack or something like reuse for that ;)
  14. xkrisx Well-Known Member

I can agree with this 10000%... Everytime you see something incredibly unique added, they tend to leave out tanks.. No Tank Myth Weapons and Tank Class Claoks without Defensive Stats kinda burned me awhile back..
  15. Nkito Well-Known Member

It's fairly obvious ethereals were never supposed to be on every character in Norrath, they are powerful, rare items. This coin system is a step toward opening them up to more people, that's good.

Alts can earn these things, just go get them, nothing is stopping that.
  16. Enigma Active Member

They should make the eth runes/jewelry heirloom but keep the coins no trade imo. This way if an alt character of yours happens to get a rune/jewelry you need on your main then you can at least transfer it over.
    duckster and Prissetta like this.
  17. Reevar Active Member

An exchange merchant would be nice also...
    I know the second I spend 90 tokens to get the Fervor rune, on the very next run I will get it dropped out of a chest.
    Prissetta likes this.
  18. Lucus Well-Known Member

when the event goes live they will likely say how long and when the event ends, hoard your tokens and spend them the day before it ends. :)
  19. Beee Well-Known Member

That's the reason why I know how powerfull all the 3 ethernal mage weapons (=runes) and the mythical weapons are.

The mythical weapons are at the moment the only way to get a 100 Fervor proc. It's really a pitty that we can not choose from all ethernal runes (if we remove the class restrictions)

The mechant and the coins seem to be a really good thing
  20. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

That's easy, I do not understand why some complain here.

Everyone told me to get each character the same chance these items and that is very good. No unfair advantage for people who have an extra lot of characters overturn only to the given time frames for dayly and weekly quests and so on.

If you want to have the items on all the characters you just have to play well all the characters, you do not play it, what you need then these items?

No trade in such items is a good thing, it prevents misuse, fraud and unfair advantages over other players.

There are plenty of unfair advantages for players with masses of characters, it is good that has now been recognized Daybreak once that it is not so ok and forward that everyone remembers, no matter whether someone has a lot of characters or only one, an equal opportunity earned rewards to obtain.

Kudos to Caith that this has now been finally recognized and responded accordingly.