[Dev Attention Please] Warlock Ceiling Issues

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Mogrim, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Igotwardzforu Member

Why did dbg put a cap on crit bonus anyways? I really hope it's not because of the whole auto attack thing. I don't want the day to come where I look at my stats and I have 20k potency and only 3k cb.
  2. Entropy Well-Known Member

Not sure. It's partly to control scout DPS from getting out of hand. Mogrim mentioned that during beta they asked him what his CB spikes to in raids, so they may just have wanted an overall gear-based realistic limit.

But yeah, we're already pushing 9k+ potency, so that seems to be the scaling factor these days. Not sure what they intend to do with AbilityMod availability in conjunction with that. I'd expect Fervor to be the next main scaling factor they present.
  3. Montag Well-Known Member

I'd be fine with that too. Or whatever number would equal the same benefit as it would be if it were cb without the cap.
  4. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

That's why I am suggesting for FC - any CB above cap convert to fervor 100CB to 1 fervor would not be unreasonable expectation
  5. Mogrim Well-Known Member

Still unresolved.
  6. Mogrim Well-Known Member

Especially with the statflation that happened with the Zek content, the fact that Focused Casting offers the Warlock roughly 750 potency, it has now become practically trivial. Really hoping some other people can agree about this issue. FC should equate to twice the effectiveness of FB, based on the fact that it takes twice as long to recast. Not to mention that it doesn't reset w/ a myth hammer. However, it is less than half as effective as FB, can be used half as much, and ALSO doesn't reset w/ a myth hammer.

This is beyond redonkulous. Please Devs, you're my only hope.
    Hiza and DoomDrake like this.
  7. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Not to saying that hammer not been dropping recently AT ALL :( (last 4 moths at least)
    With new jewelry getting over 7k Pot and getting relatively close to CB cap became semi-trivial - yes hitting mark 120M+ became really trivial task but beasts in same fight easy hit mark 300M. Hammer apparently stopped dropping at all (last 4.5 months of weekly killing old way dude never generate even single hammer and I am already at DKP cap :(). Not complaining - warlock still THE power sucker :) but in DPS department happened exactly what Mogrim predicted like 6 month ago - scouts blow everything.
    Hiza likes this.
  8. Nero Active Member

This isn't about the hammer anymore. Point is that our "class defining" ability isn't really class defining anymore. You could arguably remove FC from your hotbar, and still parse just as well. Is it nice to have the extra 750 potency? Hell yeah! Does it really do much for us as it's only up every minute an half or so (depending on if it resets or not).

For everyone waiting on this hammer to drop, just know that it won't make you a DPS god overnight. Mogrim or any other lock with it can probably answer this but I imagine it doesn't boost your DPS more than about 30% or so.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  9. Anaogi Well-Known Member

Just as a side point re the hammer, a guildie/raid buddy scored this a couple of weeks back and it added at least 50% right off the bat, before any adaptations for the resets and such. Mind you Legendia's a beast to begin with but still, it was a VERY obvious buff. :D
  10. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

+100 fervor hard to discard :) and reset to speedup biggest hitters (except for FC which is less of the tool) play a role
  11. Mrmacky Active Member

But with the 90% base potency clicky you can hit 20k potency and 3k cb!
    DoomDrake likes this.
  12. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Yes but once every 8 minutes with 5 second cast time for 10 second or so :)
  13. Glojo New Member

<<< Veta fanboi

This all sounds remarkably similar to a lock in my guild running around like a schoolboy last night and pointing his finger....
    "You guys are getting SO nerfed on Tuesday."
    I don't mind my class being balanced, but when you start playing a class, just to lead a parse and then bellyaching because "my rightful place is at the top and it's threatened now" I'm sorry, I just don't have much sympathy at that point

Admittedly, I think the CB cap is total BS though too.
    Veta likes this.
  14. Veta Well-Known Member

This made me LOL >.<
  15. Mrmacky Active Member

Is
    That not what an Inc in 10 is for... And 24 people using that is pretty big
  16. Veta Well-Known Member

Need that WoW addon that does a 10 count. I am sure our 10 count is approx 13.762seconds. I know I've timed it.
  17. Montag Well-Known Member

I don't get why focused casting hasn't been changed to entirely potency based yet. Crit bonus and potency are two parts of the same equation and unless you value auto attack damage higher than I'd expect there's really no difference which side of the equation you raise.

It would have to be somewhere in the neighborhood of 200% (rough estimate) increase over base potency to be equal to what 75% base crit bonus would be without the cap. (Prior to the gu100 massive potency inflation).

Of course the cap on crit bonus preceded the massive increase to potency which made crit bonus way way more valuable than it was before so simply makng fc cb immue to the cap would be insansely stronger than it used to be as mathmatically each point of crit bonus at mogrims level is probably worth something like 5 points of potency.

But still making it a % potency based buff should work fine to restoring their lost power and should scale pretty consistemtly from mid to high end locks.
  18. Entropy Well-Known Member

No, it wouldn't need to be 200% to be mathematically similar to the old version - those two stats multiply final damage the same way, Changing it to 75% boost of base would have roughly the same outcome as the old 75% of CB base. And yes, that change needs to happen. The one premiere long cooldown that warlocks have is slowly being relegated into obsolesce through stat scaling that isn't compatible.

And while we're at it, Fiery Blast just got nerfed (fervor change) and is pretty meh right now. It needs to account for all outgoing damage, but have the conversion rate (currently 45.5% gets captured into the blast counter) tuned down slightly to offset. While FB technically scales with gear, its overall contribution to a parse is underwhelming these days. Tone down the capture to 40%, test it, and see if it maybe needs to go down further to 35% or something. Either way, the fact that it doesn't account for all outgoing damage means that over half of your damage isn't even being looked at for capture.
  19. Montag Well-Known Member

20. Montag Well-Known Member

Ahh you're right, aside from a bit extra to compensate for potency not effecting auto attack.