Test Update Notes: Friday June 3, 2016

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Caith, Jun 3, 2016.

1. Nkito Well-Known Member

I'm happy with the sound of this and how they've structured it, here's to hoping for double coins for members. Slight nitpick wanting flurry and dc on every jewelry piece but that's minor.

Overall looks good!
    Jrel and Neiloch like this.
  2. Suntzi New Member

Only three different ethereal runes? And no ethereal ravaging? :(
  3. Skiasss Member

im pretty sure its on there but the person looking at the merchant who made the screen shots was a mage lol

so they can only see or purchase the mage runes
    Neiloch likes this.
  4. Ratitz Active Member

Are the rewards from the quests and the purchaseable Eth's the same? i noticed that they are no-trade. this differs from past ethereals. any reason why?
  5. Neiloch Well-Known Member

The token system is there to offset back luck with RNG.
    Even if you never get a good drop from the missions eventually you will have enough tokens to buy one.

My only guess for less no-trade stuff is so people with alt armies can't get items considerably faster than those without. It makes it much easier to plan out how fast people will get the items that way and you don't end up with a crazy surge at the beginning with only alt-less people being left towards the end.
    Mermut likes this.
  6. Talduke Active Member

While I, a member with an alt army, would like to see heirloom currency I can appreciate the reason for it not being this way. Personally as long as you can also get these items off of drops from zone bosses I think dbg did a great job on this. This will basically be a merchant that caters to those that put a lot of time into the game and have a low RNG stat. That being said while the new eth items will be upgrades in all slots the set bonuses are a bit lack luster. Adding a 3 piece bonus with something like 2.0% to all damage proc would make it feel more ethereally and would let those classes that are more or less forced to wear last xpac high hold ear have something to grind for. But all in all I look forward to this going live.
    Neiloch likes this.
  7. Flipouille Member

Once people finally understand that the reward of the game is to have fun, they will stop complaining.
    Playing only for loot is never gonna make you win (or happy for that matter)
    Zeddicious likes this.
  8. Terces New Member

well too bad the mage rune is useless :/
  9. Xper Well-Known Member

Well, people play for all different reasons. Many people play to clear content, and getting better gear helps them do that, but thank you for the sage advice.
  10. Rondo9 Active Member

Make coins heirloom please!
    Montag likes this.
  11. Entropy Well-Known Member

1 good mage rune. (reset)
    1 meh one. (doublecast)
    1 useless one. (potency siphon)

...scouts definitely get the good end of this deal. 100 fervor on a rune is hard to beat.
  12. duckster Active Member

No trade currency? Would think they would have learned by now...

Being heirloom definitely encourages more groups and if they remain no trade folks with no runes currently will likely struggle to get all 3. However its on test so chances are it may change between now and hitting live servers...(One can hope).
  13. duckster Active Member

They really should rework that potency siphon rune as the idea behind it is kinda nice just shame its only worth its salt when solo!
  14. Safirah Member

Ok, I know the scouts got better runes, but they literally need them. When a scout NEEDS the fervor rune in order to compete with t1 mages w/o any means of a fervor proc, it shouldn't be that big of a deal. It's lame, but that was there way of balancing mages and scouts
    Jrel likes this.
  15. Shesaz Active Member

16. Regolas Well-Known Member

So let me understand this correctly.

You run the mission, receive an ethereal coin, that unpacks to either an umbrite ethereal coin or an ethereal (probably heavily weighted on the coin).

95 of these umbrite coins gets you one rune, or 45 for the items.

How long does this event last for?

How many missions/coins can you get a day?

What are the zones for the missions?
  17. Caith Developer

You are incorrect about everything in this post except the fact that they are no-trade.

Correct. Making them Heirloom would require a change in the amount required, which would negatively impact anyone that does not run multiple alts. Being No-Trade, every character will need to put in the exact same amount of effort for each character.

This is already on it's way to the next Test update, and will be so when the event goes live. You will be able to exchange the jewelry for 15 currency by examining the item.
  18. Neiloch Well-Known Member

19. Xper Well-Known Member

ty for update Caith. Very cool.
  20. Mogrim Well-Known Member

Thrilled to be wrong.
    Twice as thrilled at the quick Dev response and I also like the way you're implementing this. Top notch in my book.
    Thanks guys. Big time. :)
    Montag, Nockturnal, Prissetta and 2 others like this.