Test Update Notes: Friday June 3, 2016

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Caith, Jun 3, 2016.

1. Caith Developer

ITEMS
    • Summer Ethereal Items are here! Characters may pick up a new mission that will grant an Ethereal Coin with a chance at a Ethereal item. Ethereal coins may be used to purchase Ethereal rewards at a new merchant in Thalumbra: the Ever Deep.
    QUESTS
    • Summer Ethereal daily and weekly heroic missions are now available in Thalumbra! Speak to Holstin Coresprock for the daily mission and VV.E.E.K.I_.Y IIIissi0N5 for the weekly mission.
    Yahku, Ingerimm, Pixilicious and 5 others like this.
  2. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Sounds exciting Caith!
  3. Tradeserverwoot Member

Downloading test just to check these out. woot
  4. Brightlyz Active Member

Anyone found the merchant yet?

edit' Found it 90 coins for runes seriously? bah
  5. Mogrim Well-Known Member

Anything other than runes on the merchant? Are there new runes or just old ones?
  6. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Llyleia is a Glaufaye and located at /waypoint -467.87, 191.97, 253.08
    If the currency from opening the reward follow the doubling rules as a member, then it's not great but doable.
    However if the rules don't apply to the currency. expect only 1 rune or 2 pcs of jewely for 10-12 weeks of daily grind :eek:
  7. Kuulei Well-Known Member

there are 3 pcs of jewlery as well, an ear, wrist and neck
  8. Mogrim Well-Known Member

Screenshots?
  9. Brightlyz Active Member

10. Xper Well-Known Member

whats the mission? can you only run it once per day?
  11. Brightlyz Active Member

From what i could tell you get 1 daily and 1 weekly. I dont know how many coins they give and if it gets doubled for member. Maybe a DEV could comment on this please?
    Mogrim likes this.
  12. Neiloch Well-Known Member

I would very much like confirmation on this. 45~ runes for a rune for a subscribers is nice considering the other methods and drop rates (not including the new quest itself since im not sure what it is).

If the currency does get doubled by having a subscription I would say this about as close to perfect as you can get for this.
    Pixilicious and Mogrim like this.
  13. Mogrim Well-Known Member

14. Mogrim Well-Known Member

Fast note: The Currency appears to be no-trade, as a result it is not likely flagged the same as most currency, and is likely NOT doubled. Just an observation/thought/guess.
  15. kluxor Well-Known Member

Really should be doubled for subscribers...heirloom tokens would be nice too
    Mogrim likes this.
  16. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Heirloom would result in people with a bunch of alts being able to get them much faster than the devs would probably like.
  17. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Letting people farm them on alts also means more groups, so make them heirloom please.
    Fozziex, Jaden and Cutcha like this.
  18. Tradeserverwoot Member

Make them trade-able! And have the quest be repeatable!
  19. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Means less grouping long term. Once they get all the items they want for their main and maybe one alt they actually care about they just stop grouping. If someone running alts would run them all to get equipment for said alts then them being heirloom makes no difference. They would all get them at the same rate instead of giving all the tokens to one character at a time. People can say they would keep running them with all their alts even after their mains get them, but the coins being no-trade guarantees it.
  20. Ixian Active Member

Not to mention people lack restraint and would burn themselves out with alt farming.
    Neiloch likes this.