Newsie's quest

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Ratza, May 31, 2016.

1. Ratza Well-Known Member

Can we please get a permanent NPC in Cardin Woods so we can get this quest instead of relying on a guide? Not all of us can be on 24/7 to watch for the guide event message to pick up the quest. Or at least make the quest shareable. Please!!!
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

Especially since they removed the guide threads from these forums....
  3. Ishuna Well-Known Member

Totally agree. It would also save the guide from the stress of dealing with the swarming masses when it runs.
  4. Nockturnal Well-Known Member

As cool as the suggestion is Ratza, is obtaining this quest whenever a game breaker of any kind? I have not done this quest yet.

It took me a couple of years to receive "Axe and you Shall Receive". Must be my timing. I wanted to pull my hair out waiting for a Guide.
  5. Tekka Well-Known Member

Wait, they took out the guide forums?

I see that they're still down there. whew.
  6. Rakk Active Member

7. Lucus Well-Known Member

I don't mind having these quests behind guides, though now that normal quests give status i'd like to see some guide quests that reward a few mill status or so and are repeatable.

If you hop over to the guide forums you can request specific guide quests.
    Prissetta likes this.
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

9. Ratza Well-Known Member

The problem is you never know when/what time....unless you camp the general chat 24/7....I don't have that kind of time.....and I want to do this quest for the 66 slot pack...plus my husband and I would like the status for our little alt guild.....I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for a permanent NPC for a quest from 2 xpacs ago. It's non-repeatable so why make it difficult to pick up/start?
    Bekkr, Prissetta and Mermut like this.
  10. Nockturnal Well-Known Member

Well that answers my question then.
  11. Rakk Active Member

If you check out the guide forums (which use your daybreak account as a login) that I linked up in post #6, and look at the thread for your server you can see they do try and post when Newsies will be run (sometimes admittedly not with much notice), last one for Skyfire was on 29th (ie a day or two ago) at 5pm PST, so just keep checking that thread and you may find when it's going to be run next, I realise its more tricky than having an NPC but its not impossible :)
    Lucus likes this.
  12. Xianthia Well-Known Member

If you are logged in here and switch over to the guide forums and click on the login it should auto log you in. At least that's what I do and unless I go there first, I never have to log in. Hope this helps :)
    Mermut likes this.
  13. Ratza Well-Known Member

Also...let me add that we are at the mercy of our event guides and their available times - it's been at least 6 months since I was able to catch one during my playtimes. I applaud their dedication to our game...but we should not be dependent solely on guides to get this particular quest.
  14. Livejazz Well-Known Member

Is there a disadvantage to installing a permanent NPC quest giver? I think that's the most important issue.
  15. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

They had them on NPCs on the Bazaar and on Test at one time. I don't think they ever added the Newsies to Test though.
  16. Athak New Member

lol it was so funny on thurgadin after the merge, their was 96 people in obol plains lol
  17. Terrius Well-Known Member

Why shouldn't a guide quest be solely dependent on guides? As for the mercy of guides and their available time, yes this is unfortunate but they are human beings after all.

Seems to me if you go over to the guide forums for your server and request it to be run at a time when you can make it that they work very hard to run it at the requested time.

I think it would take away some of the uniqueness of the quest if it was offered from an NPC, I personally find great amusement in seeing Obol plains go from deserted useless zone, to super crazy population when a guide is running Newsies.
    Lucus likes this.
  18. Athak New Member

[IMG]

that was only part fo the crowd lol
    Nockturnal likes this.
  19. Lucus Well-Known Member

There is advantage in even just watching the guide forums, back when nebulous newsies was new and i heard about it i checked the guide forums and found when they'd do it next, i camped all my toons even my low levels over there(since you don't need a guide to turn in the quest) and eventually when i got them high enough i did the quest on all my toons.

Guides are volunteers making the game brighter and more fun on their own time and IRL does come first.

They do their best to be there but sometimes they have to do things IRL that cannot wait.
  20. Alenna Well-Known Member

you can also request the quest and ask that they run it at a time you will be on.
    Lucus likes this.