May 2016 Producer’s Letter

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, May 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Poisonhawk Active Member

As usual, they don't care what the majority think about the new servers! If they did, they would have given the 3rd option of no new servers (however you want to phrase the no vote)
    This should show that they are so out of touch and we should be preparing for the ultimate Failed to login point.
    Mizgamer62 and Xillean like this.
  2. Lucus Well-Known Member

It means that they decided to do it and use the poll to say 'hey we are doing what the players wanted' while people that are ignorant of the actual poll options will have a different interpretation of their actions compared to players that know what the poll options were.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  3. suka Well-Known Member

kk be my luck, i buy one hall and you come out with one i want more. if i change, my money is wasted. any chance these can be heirloom to another guild on my account or even transferable - or perhaps we can have more than one?
    Griffon Lady likes this.
  4. suka Well-Known Member

and on the polls- why wasn't there an option to say - no i don't like either? we had to choose either or both
  5. suka Well-Known Member

lol- oh- i thought he meant the thought of buying high keep with all the work they put into it and all they have gone through to get it was no pleasure. didn't realize he might have mistaken it for high hold. you still have to pay for it after you earn it- right?
  6. suka Well-Known Member

while that may seem ok, it doesn't solve a problem. that means that people would be limited in the ability to move from and to that server. i think all servers would be better served by getting rid of no trade and heirloom period. i have a ton of toons on firona vie in eq1. i can tell you from experience it was where i sent toons i didn't want to kill but no longer cared if i played. on eq1, this didn't matter much because these toons didn't count against my number of overall toons. i could have an entire set on a server i seldom played with no problems. putting the same kind of server with similar rule sets about never leaving the server is not something i welcome here. i don't think it resolves anything and will cause still more problems for servers that are already having problems with population.
    Prissetta likes this.
  7. suka Well-Known Member

or- oh it was intended that way- we thought you would enjoy the nostalgia of flying on clouds and having to take a round about way to get to the island you needed for that quest
    Prissetta likes this.
  8. suka Well-Known Member

yeah but have you ever noticed that most of the no trade items you get are not usable by your class and almost never as good as mastercrafted?
    Prissetta likes this.
  9. suka Well-Known Member

ok- that is a good idea. i like the idea of more vendors selling us house items we already have done quests for. there are a lot of those and so far about the only ones you can buy are the ones at festivals and the ones on the shady swashbuckler
    Lucus likes this.
  10. suka Well-Known Member

i totally get the stuff about a regular member of raiding guilds. yeah slr is based on the idea that if you are a member of the raiding guild you can opt to send in a toon to grab it on an account that needs it. we used to do the same thing with our tasks in eq1.

those who sell loot rights however are not members of the guilds, they are general public who pays for the right to loot something someone else has obtained during their raid. unfortunately it rains on the just and unjust. to limit such things in hopes of stopping slr would hurt those who deserve to be able to use such looting
  11. suka Well-Known Member

double xp all weekend long
  12. suka Well-Known Member

well, you can blame it on a translation service that didn't translate his words effectively into english. he basically said what everyone else has been saying.

he seems to think that xp vials go too fast for the money they cost and that agnostics are only for lower levels and double xp weekend is here.

and he feels that daybreak has become much worse than when soe was in charge. the service he says is terrible (sorry i never have problems with the service but it seems i am one of the rare ones)

he wants to know if all of the eu servers have been merged already. there is a lot of botting on thurgadin and that is against the eula.

he feels that this summer brings in a boring overland zone masquerading as fabled. he seems to be talking about the new zek and is talking about gu100 being, in his opinion the biggest failure ever.

he wants to know why the creative heads at daybreak asked the community what they want, and then after server merges decided on a rare server.

he thinks that increasingly eq2 has become like the muppet show - and is it your goal to let this game go to the abyss.

he says "this would be the time holly should speak about what you have said just before or what will become of eq2"

you can blame my ability to interpret his writing on the fact that i am very accustomed to hearing broken english and reading misinterpreted english from my many friends- and the fact that most people on the internet misspell things or have very little understanding of things like two, too, and to. sorry if i misinterpreted anything, but i think i read it well.

and please note that because i interpreted what he said for you doesn't necessarily mean i agree with all of it.
    Juraiya, Ishuna and Prissetta like this.
  13. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Holy SPAM Suka:eek:
    Actually Tupperbeast was complaining that we just had double experience, although it was double status and not adventuring or crafting experience, and that experience is too easy with agnostics and vials.

@Tupperbeast A suggestion to post in your native language and let the forum readers translate for themselves.
    Ishuna and suka like this.
  14. suka Well-Known Member

kk i messed up that part lol. i agree- posting in native language will help a lot
  15. Zehl_IceFire Member

I'm glad I'm several years behind in content, I'm a super casual player now, and I enjoy questing in old content with my 3 accounts and I don't even need to sub all the time (tight budget, can't always spare it). As if the servers weren't dead enough and for some reason so many players fled to the time lock servers (I went through all of that 1 to 50 times, don't need to again), why are you making more new ones to take away the few players? You need to make events that can be attended by cross server groups/raids like battlegrounds. You are killing your own game, or maybe that's the point so daybreak can put this team elsewhere.
    Juraiya, Prissetta, Belenos and 3 others like this.
  16. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

^^^ T H I S ^^^ plus I would like to see them add more PQ's to the game for level 100 in addition to cross server grouping and revamping battlegrounds. It does feel like they are purposely trying to crush enthusiasm among their remaining player base most of the time and if so, they are succeeding.
    Prissetta and Meneltel like this.
  17. Basolisk New Member

if you are just pulling servers out WHY not bring out a new Vanguard server!!!!!
    Jaden, Belenos, Livejazz and 2 others like this.
  18. Finora Well-Known Member

I really do miss my bloodmage & Vanguard ranger.
    Belenos and Mizgamer62 like this.
  19. Siren Well-Known Member

Legally, I doubt they can (doesn't McQuaid hold that IP?), and why would they? The population there was probably 1/50th of EQ2's, and let's face it, EQ2's isn't too hot. Who on earth would run a game for 200 people tops?
  20. Siren Well-Known Member

I suspect it's more that your requests, especially combined with having to somehow produce new content on an ongoing basis, are way beyond the capabilities of a 15-person dev team, especially one where 5 of those devs double up and work on EQ1 as well. (They gave up on ever fixing BGs, or implementing cross-server anything, a long time ago now, for instance.)

These new server instances are likely virtualized, cost nothing extra to run, and only require the minimum of server rule changes to get going. Daybreak is just trying to offer something new for their players, within the scope of something that is still doable with the staff restrictions they've had since Columbus Nova took over.

Oh, and the biggie, lest I forget, is that your proposed requests would only affect the live servers, which are quite overrun with grandfathered silver and bronze accounts. That obviously has done nothing to fill the company's coffers in recent years, or they wouldn't be sticking all these new virtualized server types behind gold-subbing paywalls.

Columbus Nova holds the whip nowadays; Sony, Japan is long gone. And quite frankly, I'm surprised Sony put up with the financial bleed of SOE for nearly as many years as they did. Don't get me wrong: SOE was a bastion, a last-ditch save effort, for many MMORPGs, including Vanguard, which had been dropped like a hot potato by its original publisher, Microsoft, before SOE took it over. That's nice for the dev teams of Vanguard, Pirates of the Burning Sea, Wizardry Online and Dragon's Prophet, as well as for the devs of SOE's failed franchises like The Agency, Free Realms (which ran in the red from launch until its shutdown), Star Wars: Clone Adventures, etc. However, it apparently wasn't quite so nice for SOE's checkbook, something Columbus Nova has set out to rectify in short order.
    suka likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.