May 2016 Producer’s Letter

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, May 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rainmaker New Member

Here's what I would really really love to see. A server where coin was actually tied to the US dollar, where you could both deposit and withdraw real money. ... Do you have any idea how awesome it would be to add that dynamic in to playing? I'd never leave the house!
  2. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Harmtouch I miss you ( Rattallia)

Don"t worry if nobody goes on the new servers they will fold really quick
    I thought the event server rewards prizes for the regular servers.
    So does that mean you copy over a toon ?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Cuhilie New Member

• Why would you open a new server, after closing down numerous ones only to offer a server where certain heirlooms can be traded, there are limits on account bonuses & claims, and zero transfers in or out. So this is great news?
    • An I missing something, or is a village missing a few idiots?
    suka, Poisonhawk, Mizgamer62 and 8 others like this.
  4. Livejazz Well-Known Member

/superduperdoubletriplefacepalmheaddesk

I give up.
    Belenos, suka, Poisonhawk and 7 others like this.
  5. Livejazz Well-Known Member

I don't raid & I'm really beginning to dislike advanced solo dungeons, so Fabled Nizara isn't going to do much for me, yet it represents the only news from this producer's letter I'd call "good." I'm wholly neutral on the expac information until you guys put out more info, I couldn't care less about ethereal drops, & I'm ardently opposed to new servers of any kind.

I've been an ardent EQ2 fanboi & defender for years, but I'm sorry, you guys just seem to keep going in an entirely different direction from what I want.
    suka, Poisonhawk, Merriel and 5 others like this.
  6. Bhayar Well-Known Member

And I suspect, by July, they will be closed. Sorry for what might be perceived as negativity, but we need a reality check. These responses are just a snapshot of all the people, including myself, who simply deleted the poll regarding new server concept. I suspect 80+% of the TLE server population did the same. We thought the idea was ludicrous.Reminds me of the business decision to build and launch the Edsel; result will likely be the same. No one will buy it.

Sorry guys, but I have to agree with some of the other people who think you've simply lost touch with your player base. If you want increased player base, then concentrate on FIXING some of the known issues like disparate loot tables. When a company no longer appears to listen to its customer base, it does not bode well. This is a great game; I believe that most of the people in DBG wants the company and the game to continue. That said, you really need to wake up and smell the coffee on this new server plan. IT. WILL. FAIL.
    suka, Poisonhawk, Merriel and 9 others like this.
  7. Moostafoo Active Member

if the event server is slow paced just like TLE server then i wont be wasting my cash on it. But if Fast paced. sure, ill play on it.
  8. Lea Plath Active Member

High Keep is the ToV zone with a mine and stuff. High Hold is the AoM zone. Similar names. Diffrent guild halls.
  9. Xillean Well-Known Member

I am sooooo disappointed. New servers, I mean really? nothing to add that hasn't already been covered other then to say I am extremely disappointed.
    Belenos, Poisonhawk, Merriel and 3 others like this.
  10. Erudinel Conceptualized a turd in a toilet sometime in 2005

THIS!

EverQuest II has become EverAuction in the last few years due to the odd way heirloom works. If you cant just get rid of heirloom on all live servers, at least make it so that you have to be "present for the kill" instead of being "present for the looting" to be able to loot it.

I am not even sure why they have no-trade, heirloom tags anymore. Perhaps one of the devs can chime in on their logic for this.
    suka, Poisonhawk, Merriel and 5 others like this.
  11. Maldek Active Member

If the event server was like this, where it'd be a 1 month thing, I would play. Roll a new toon and race with other folks for a little while, then go back to my stable of characters on my regular live server.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  12. Maldek Active Member

Regarding the heirloom server, I echo what others have said. I am interested in playing on a server with trade-able heirloom, but I am not interested in re-starting 10 years of toons for it.

I would recommend instead that you designate one of the existing live servers to become the Isle of Refuge server. Meaning that Skyfire or Halls of Fate (whatever has the lowest population) would change to this rule set, and then obviously you'd do the standard 1-week free server tokens for people that want in and people that want out.
  13. Juraiya Well-Known Member

I agree with many others here. I sure wished there had been an "I don't care about either of them" option on the poll. It's a poorly designed poll (and one that is basically saying you don't really care about our opinion) when you don't have an option that says "none of the above" on it.

This will, as several others have already stated, simply take away population from the Live servers for several months like the TLE did, until they lose their novelty and people get tired of them. Frankly, I played on TLE only for the beginning Isle, and didn't really care about anything else.
  14. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

You think that would have changed their minds? They put the poll out after they already started making these servers. I personally could care less if they want to make new servers with different rule sets. I could care less if they made a server and the only race you could pick is a duck. My issue with them is whenever they make code changes it bleeds over to Live servers like every little change on TLE. And it's always "oops that wasn't supposed to happen, will fix it next patch".
    Belenos, suka, Poisonhawk and 6 others like this.
  15. Livejazz Well-Known Member

That is yet another reason I'm opposed to these new servers, beside the fact that I see no point to them at all.
  16. Nockturnal Well-Known Member

As always, it's great hearing from you.

Even thou I did not vote because my dream server was not being offered I do like the direction you guys are going with the servers. They both sound very interesting. A face paced server is totally perfect for a lot of can't touch this raiders. Time will tell.

I am not your average player (not normal really :p) . I love, love to Solo/Molo, Craft and Quest and still be able to yak with my family and friends :). I'm a one player guild and I love it that way.

About the Guild Halls, would you consider? is it possible? to provide Guild Hall Portals and allow any Prestige House to become a Guild Hall? After playing all these years they are getting so old now. Will you try to remember the Not Playing As Intended loyal players who are in small Guilds that need a change? Any new, cute, small Guild will do.

I still love this game as much as I did when it rolled out. I believe in the Team and the awesome players who support it.
    EQ2 has seen some rough times but she's a winner.

Peace
  17. Ratala Active Member

DBG reminds me of someone trying to chase a fart in a whirlwind.

Fixing things before putting out new content doesn't seem to even cross the mind of the person that makes the decisions. Line of sight is horrible in Thalumbra. Mobs drop into the ground and you can't fight them and that isn't just in Thalumbra, I have had it happen a lot in other zones even the new Zek. Oh then there is the problem of getting booted to character select or desk top when zoning.

I really don't know why we need a new server that heirloom items can be traded on...why not do that on the live servers that have been merged already? As for the new servers being membership only, guess what.....live servers have memberships also and that doesn't seem to mean much.

Maybe all the new content they are going to put out from now on is just a way to make us forget about all that is wrong with what we already have.

Hopefully any daily/weekly won't be done as it is in Maldura, another idea that was twisted in the wind.

I wonder what kind of problems we will end up with from things bleeding over to live servers like from TLE. Oh well, that is a membership only server so I guess it will be what is intended when it messes up live. Oh the frustration :(
  18. Billyrayy Active Member

I agree with this 100%. Itemization has been a wreck this entire xpack, even before GU100 made it much worse. Then you add in resolve, a terrible mechanic that NOBODY wants. Merge a bunch of servers then announce that your gonna open 2 new ones that arguably very few people want. I'm sorry DB but you guys are so so out of touch at this point, you really need to just stop and take a step back for awhile and rethink what is is you are doing.

Oh. Summer ethereals, these Ethereal effects should have never been put in the game to begin with in my opinion, so I personally don't wanna see more game changing items added, but w/e I know I am probably I minority there.
  19. Kalderon Well-Known Member

The only thing i dont understand, was the change of mob 4 in zek.
    And
    The server lags, i still hope for improve, to get a link to the letter, which i hope does the 2 extra servers (Put the very few player, out of the peak hours)
  20. Xevran Well-Known Member

Everyone just asked us to merge the servers because the population is getting too low... what should we do now? Oh I have an idea, let's make new servers!

Daybreak is just a fountain of good ideas, you guys really know what you're doing. :)
    Poisonhawk, Sapryze, Merriel and 8 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.