Let's Talk About Mimic

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Illura, Apr 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kraeref Well-Known Member

It's not broken it's completely and utterly destroyed if you checked your ACT. There is no mimicry existing anymore.
    Thanks to your guild mates.

Ask Neiloch if he is happy now.
  2. Kraeref Well-Known Member

You didn't like so you and your buddies in revelation decided to get rid off it completely? Nice work.
  3. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Here flash news for you. Guilds rely on everybody's dps including healers. Without anything remotely useful (utility of chanters non existing) why to even bother to include us in raids.
  4. Fozziex Active Member

Instead of complaining it is broken and blaming guilds why not just try inform devs in a sensible way.
    @Devs, mimic is doing 0 damage, let's get that fixed, but not the point it was stupidly OP like before it was changed.
    As said above, if your'e behind dps check due to mimic, might want to look at replacing people in your raid.

Let's see what chanters actually know their class now mimic isn't doing the work for them.
  5. Flamace Active Member

As somebody that has played an enchanter since KoS, the mere fact that any of you think you're T1 DPS is hilarious. Mimicry was broken (obviously full swing, just not working period right now). Do I think they should have allowed a bit more testing before implementing their "fix"? Of course, but it was broken. Also it did not take skill or keen understanding of how/when to cast it. It simply took a macro at most, maybe an ACT trigger...
  6. Kruser New Member

The wizard took offence, when it chanters did in ACT :)).
    Kraeref likes this.
  7. Therein Active Member

Mimicry is broken, not removed.
  8. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Which I did pming them. No reply. I still blame folks from revelation. I am saying it as it is.
    Devs also can read forums. Apparently reading this thread they decided to "fix" mimicry and destroyed it in the process
  9. Yards Well-Known Member

Yes the devs did temporarily break mimicry, going without mimicry for a few days isn't the end of the world. There is no way that you can say this spell wasn't broken the way it was. With just 30 to 40 static fervor on the illy it was parsing 600 to 900 million, with fervor being capped at 200 and stats being inflated at the rate they are it's common sense to see that it would be parsing 2 to 3 billion by next expansion. The funny thing is even if they kept it the way it was and it was doing 2 to 3 billion next expansion and completely dominating all content you would still argue to keep it the same.
    -Soteria-, Yoube and DoomDrake like this.
  10. Kraeref Well-Known Member

On few seconds fight with 20 linked trash? That's how you decided it was broken? Longer fights would balance it out which they did.

Let's look rather at how Necros and Beastlords now destroying dps charts leaving everyone else way behind.
  11. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

If chanters get their mimicry change reversed, can I have my auto attack damage back to how it was please? I want to be able to have one ability be a substantial section of my parse, while pressing 1 button when told to.
  12. Azian Well-Known Member

People need to R E L A X. It was broken. They tried to fix it. They failed miserably in the process. It will be fixed again properly. It will not be like it was.

There, was that so hard?
  13. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Let me tell you one thing. Before letting this change to go live they (devs) should have properly tested it then they would not need to fix it properly second time and they wouldn't have flabbergasted chanters wondering why their mimicry spell is not going off at all.m

Haste makes waste.
  14. Azian Well-Known Member

I don't disagree with a single thing you said here. It also doesn't change or contradict what you quoted from me
  15. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

You oughta be kidding ...
    Chanters needed to offset mana drains on some fights, illi TW still actual for mage group to double damage of Unda, coercer charm is useful at least on 1 fight ... EV will free up charm slot for some scout ... plus chanters still do more damage then bards ...
  16. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Say it louder? didn't all warlocks say SAME argument back before FC took nerf bat swing? It was EXACTLY same situation on any short fight burst from FC propel warlocks on top of the food chain (and most fight were short) but with any more prolonged fights it was not case
  17. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Yes yes and I want my FC work as it did before CB cap and nerfing it!
  18. Fozziex Active Member

So what devs send out broken **** sometimes, not like it is anything knew, it has been happening since the game come out, and in EQ1, not like 1 broken spell what doesn't parse is the end of the world, can't expect everything in a game to be perfect, if you think you can do better then send in a job application, or just simply play a different game.

They will sort it, not like they are going to leave 1 spell broken the rest of the game, get over it already.
    Yoube likes this.
  19. Pringlez Member

Everyone knows live server is just us beta testing.
    Scrappyz, Kuulei, DoomDrake and 2 others like this.
  20. Fozziex Active Member

Posted on test -
    • Corrected an issue with Temporal Mimicry that made it not apply in many cases.
    Can stop crying about it now.
    Yoube likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.