Let's Talk About Mimic

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Illura, Apr 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ignited Member

You know what guys. You are right. Mimic is too powerful. Hopefully they can just remove it all together. Then no one will play Enchanters like no one play Guardians. Lol

Might as well just go play a wizzy, warlock, or conjurer then leave the buffs to the Bards. Until VC gets nerfed then no one will play bards lol.

Careful what you wish for.

Bye Bye losers.
  2. Yards Well-Known Member

You seem to misunderstand no one is saying to nerf mimic, it's about fixing it. Mimic on beastlord has been broken since they reworked the class in tot but no one made a thread about it. With the new fervor stat, it has got even more completely blown out of proportion. The whole fervor stat is working on things that it should not work on it's not just mimicry. For example it works both on charging RO and then on using VC it also works on charging FB and then again when FB hits. This should not happen fervor should not double dip on spells, that is why none of the other stats affect those abilities directly. Fix mimicry on beastlords and fix the fervor stat is what I think needs to happen.
  3. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

See test patch notes.

Mimicry will no longer take into account targets Fervor.
  4. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

Good now people can leave us alone! =P

Now if only they would change a few of our buffs to make them more appealing to group members *sigh*
    Kuulei likes this.
  5. Flamace Active Member

Hey Ignited, thanks for getting our one and only trick shot nerfed!
    Errrorr likes this.
  6. kluxor Well-Known Member

ABILITIES
    • Temporal Mimicry's will no longer count the targets Fervor when calculating it's base damage. The Enchanter's fervor is still calculated when applying.

nice way to rain on the enchanters. grats guys
  7. Kraeref Well-Known Member

It's not because of what Ignited said. Thank Neiloch and his buddies who called for a nerf. Now back to parsing just slightly above healers. /sarcasm

Thanks to all enchanters haters here.
    I cannot believe that developers again did swing their Nerf bat. Really guys, you gave a bit love to chanters and right away took it away?
  8. Illflow New Member

I've played a coercer since KOS, if you didn't think this spell was broken... Guess what, still going to log in tomorrow and enjoy the class.
  9. Praetorian Well-Known Member

There was no reason to change Mimic IMO. When every class has their own big hits and enchanters for some reason are given an ability that relies on ANOTHER class instead of our own. When Wizards are doing 6 billion damage in one hit, why are the devs worried about Mimic? I truly don't understand it.

Fine, nerf mimic but increase the number of spells affected by it then.
  10. Pringlez Member

Are you really comparing Wizard DPS to an Enchanter's? Wizards are a T1 DPS Class and are suppose to be topping the parse where enchanters pressing 1 button and being in the top 6 of the parse is just dumb.
  11. Alarra Well-Known Member

So it isn't going to be doing the same dps and the original hit, but the base hit plus chanter fervor...that is gonna make it smaller than the actual hit unless you have more fervor than the actual dps class, then it will do more, what a double edged sword.
  12. Therein Active Member

So you're saying everyone who actually plays a dps class in this game should hate playing because you leached your dps off of them to get a decent parse? If you want to parse go roll a dps class instead of a utility and stop trying to claim that this broken ability was fine as is.
    Ratitz likes this.
  13. Cefur Member

So Devs now that you listed to the whining and changed the way fervor effects mimic when are you going to fix these issues:
    " The whole fervor stat is working on things that it should not work on it's not just mimicry. For example it works both on charging RO and then on using VC it also works on charging FB and then again when FB hits. This should not happen fervor should not double dip on spells, that is why none of the other stats affect those abilities directly. "
  14. Pringlez Member

FB works fine if anything they need to reduce the reuse timer, RO/VC I can understand the double dip, but I never get good vc's anyway so idc. here is a psionists, gogo vc ;(

[IMG]
  15. sycla Active Member

It is funny when so many spells/stuff is double dipping into fervor and the summoner pets/dumb fires are excluded.Summoners dont want to double dip..we just want the fervor to apply to all our spellls..including the ones that are attributed to pets/dumbfires.
    Before fixing spells double dippin fervor you should see to it that it applies to all spells
  16. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

When one spell is doing 75% of your dps and out parsing 90% of the raid then it's ridiculous.

Any chanters who didn't think it was broken are silly. You'll still easily out parse bards with this, you know, the other utility class.
    Azian likes this.
  17. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

I don't really care about the change to be honest.. BUT here is a suggestion about how I feel it should work. The targets ferver should be the one that gets counted in the end result because that's the whole point of mimic.. it's based on what the target does and not the chanter, therefore the chanter's ferver should never have been counted in the first place and we wouldn't be having this issue.
  18. Ignited Member

No he is right it IS all my fault.

Sorry guys, this was all just a reverse psychology experiment.

I don't even play an enchanter. My mains are Warlock and Wizard. And to be honest I got tired of having enchanters do basically nothing and steal my top DPS parse.

When I seen this post I jumped on the chance to expedite change. I knew exactly what the post needed.

Sorry you all had to be part of it.
  19. Yu7777 New Member

This post is not needed. Chanter is very fun class. When I think that vodka is made up of molecules, it disgusted me to drink.
  20. Dabb Active Member

Mimic is not working at ALL, just tested it
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.