Zhugrus Blightstrike Mercenary

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by seneth, Apr 29, 2016.

1. seneth Active Member

I got him for, I think, exploring all the map areas in the new zone of Zek. He is a Warpirest.
    However, he is not among the Mercs at the tavern in Freeport. Does anyone know where he can be found?
    I will continue look for him in the new Zek zone .
  2. Gninja Developer

He is in Zek, the Scourge Wastes (both solo and heroic)
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Look for him near The Bridge of Zek.
    Prissetta likes this.
  4. seneth Active Member

Found him, in the tent off to the right side near the Scourge keep enntrance off the bridge.
    Livejazz and Prissetta like this.
  5. seneth Active Member

Well heck and all, thank you Gninja!
    Prissetta likes this.
  6. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Also remember to check your bag and make sure you examined his token.

I actually didn't even think to do this initially, and spent like an hour trying to figure out why the hell I couldn't find him, and nearly thought a guildy trolled me lol.
    Dude and Livejazz like this.
  7. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

I'd say this guy is better than Lorr.
    DoomDrake and Kaydencia like this.
  8. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

He's certainly been a good help on my swash, particularly since I'm a tad on the squishy side even in defensive stance atm since I'm not exactly up-to-date gear wise (Mostly in adv solo junk). So worst case I can have him tank for me and just transfer aggro. He's extremely sturdy and a lot better about using real heals as opposed to just spamming reactives.
    Kaydencia and Prissetta like this.
  9. Raff Well-Known Member

I don't use mercs much. Only when I simply can't figure out how to do whatever it is I'm in the middle of. But Zhugrus is the best merc so far, imo. Tough as nails and his Verdict is right handy.
    Prissetta likes this.
  10. Guurzak Active Member

Especially awesome that the token is tradable, and you can vet a low-level character to the hiring tent. Zhugrus and my new Kerran Berserker are having a great time at level 20.
    Ishuna, Kaydencia and Prissetta like this.
  11. Aelfan Active Member

I do wish that one day they will give us a merc that is effective, small, and not hard on the eyes.
  12. Lucus Well-Known Member

personally i think they should give all oversized mercs an shrink merc spell that you can use like how when you hire a ranger merc you can use tracking from your knowledge book even if you don't have it yourself normally.

He is better then lorr i looked at them side by side with screenshots. i think it was a good idea to unlock him via exploration of the scourge wastes.
  13. CharbrynEQ2 Well-Known Member

I would love either a way to shrink this guy or for petamorph wands to work on mercs. I would really love the petamorph wands option, honestly. Even if this guy was shrunken down he would still have bigger moobs than my characters.
  14. Occam Well-Known Member

Thankfully my necro can use the group skelly illusion to shrink him. :)
  15. Faelfreeblood Active Member

Can I get Mercenary tao? Now that would be a epic merc.
  16. Ratitz Active Member

I am disappointed that I cannot rename the signature mercenaries. I would have loved to name my Zhugrus "Orcy McOrcface". Pls fix.
    Prissetta likes this.
  17. Lucus Well-Known Member

you have just as much chance of that as someone actually naming a ship Boaty McBoatface. you'd be more likely for someone to name their boat Orcy then you be able to rename sig mercs.
  18. Meneltel Well-Known Member

I would have named mine (when I get him) Biggus Orkus
    Ishuna likes this.
  19. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I wish we could rename all mercs... :cool:
    Aivet and Mermut like this.
  20. Aivet Well-Known Member

Agreed. I named my othmir merc Inquisotter. I would've named this guy Plastorc Surgeon.
    Pixilicious, Sigrdrifa and Prissetta like this.