Resolve

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by knine, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Nkito Well-Known Member

I agree it's not a good way to get underplayed classes into raids. 100%. I'm just saying if that is the intent behind the different amounts being handed out (what other reasons could there be?) then it will most likely stay this way.

Resolve is a quick tweak to a raid encounter that can easily adjust the difficulty, I think that's why it's here. I was just extending that same idea to the class resolve buffs...an easy (though unsatisfying) number that can be easily tweaked by devs based on raid attendance or current player perception of that class's value in a raid.

Bringing 10 more resolve than the guy standing next to you, to the entire raid party, is a significant contribution.
    Neiloch and Yoube like this.
  2. Caith Developer

We've tracked down the issue with resolve sharing with dumbfires. Any stat that was granted via a group buff, including item effects, is not sharing with dumbfire pets. We're working on a fix now.

edited for clarification.
  3. Anunnaki Active Member

Since you are working on dumbfires now, could you take a look at the fervor mechanic in relation to dumbfires as well (they don't get any fervor currently.)
  4. Caith Developer

No.
    Azeren likes this.
  5. Caith Developer

Lazy!
    Azeren likes this.
  6. Caith Developer

OK, fine.
    Azeren likes this.
  7. Caith Developer

Ok, a real answer. We are already looking to make Fervor share, but it is a bit more involved and requires some extra coding, and then a rework of the Fervor granting effects.
  8. Anunnaki Active Member

Fantastic! The Hammer is my main concern (primary pets dont get this either), but I am glad that this is being looked at.
    Azeren likes this.
  9. Dotuming Active Member

Ty for working on both of those issues and the pets being able to be used if the script calls for damage type changes?
  10. duckster Active Member

Is there an ETA for the pet resolve fix?
  11. Thechurchofgixx Active Member

should stick resolve on the fabled new zones also there people soloing them..
  12. Lea Plath Active Member

There is Resolve. They have 102 resolve. Before you post check your facts.

Can we see a zone with like 150 resolve that isn't a raid? Somewhere where the resolve we will be like 5% lower or something so we can get a proper test? Right now 102 resolve is so easy to achieve we won't be able to give you anything resembling decent data for heroics.
  13. Jeb! New Member

Aww, is it making it less profitable to bot the zones to SLR them?? poor baby
  14. Xper Well-Known Member

Resolve in heroics is a joke. "SK Swash Templar Channeler Coercer Dirge" vs "Zerk Assassin Mystic Warden Coercer Dirge" is a difference of 25 resolve. For two completely legitimate group setups just based on which classes you are using within an archetype.
  15. Gninja Developer

We will be increasing the range of the raidwide resolve buffs a lot further than they currently are. Just a heads up! :)
    Xillean likes this.
  16. Lea Plath Active Member

OK, but we need something to test against.

Can you make a version with like 170-180 resolve, so we are 30 resolve weaker and see how it goes?
  17. Dabb Active Member

I understand what you are trying to do with resolve vs powerful crazy stat pools but why should a well geared raid base of players have to suffer resolve loss vs mobs with 290 resolve when you have duplicate classes? How is that fair? So 24 raid geared players because of dupe classes has a disadvantage at 270 resolve vs a boss with 290 resolve, tanks getting pounded, dps severed...how is that right? Forcing players to play the "right" classes to fully resolve the raid? No, this is not good. So what if you have 7 mages? or 3 Swashy's or 4 fighters, that's what ya got, and everyone's resolve should tally up on the resolve vs boss multiplier...fix this please. You are gonna lose a lot of player base because of discouragement, and I am sure my thoughts are not alone in this. Another suggestion would be to add more resolve to GU100 items to make up for duplicate classes to at least obtain a resolve closer to the boss threshold.

Thanks for listening
    Prissetta likes this.
  18. Locospy Member

I second this - They are bringing up a very valid point.
    Prissetta likes this.