Resolve

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by knine, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Gninja Developer

That is a solo belt. All ToT solo quality items have 1 resolve. There is a heroic and raid version of the belts as well with higher resolve stats.
  2. Xillean Well-Known Member

Solo or not its fabled and you have to upgrade it you couldn't at least give it 2-4 resolve? right now thanks to your resolve being so craptastic on solo gear you cant even wear it even if it has more pot or what not due to the lack of resolve needed for raids. I knew this was going to be terrible and nothing so far has changed my mind on it.

Could you at least explain why classes have different resolve buffs because more then anything that pisses a good amount of people off right there, they should equal across the board period. If the intent was to try and make the lesser used classes more appealing then find another way please.
  3. Healious Active Member

This makes no sense and also isn't true. The belts from ToT adv solo with deception have 3 resolve and don't require 4 rarish drops.
  4. Gninja Developer

Name of other belt? For comparison.
  5. Healious Active Member

Belt of the Abyssal
  6. Gninja Developer

Yeah, looking at that one (Belt of Abyssal) it's actually heroic quality loot dropping pretty rarely from advanced solo zones. The Cincture is a lot more common in the Scourge Keep solo zone but we will discuss it and make sure they are where they are intended to be.
  7. Healious Active Member

Both are arguably heroic quality. But the belts from ToT are much easier to get since there are more zones dropping them, with shorter timers, and scourge keep has a long 6 hour lockout. So is it really a lot more common drop? Oh, and it's No-trade. Thanks for looking into it!
  8. Monstuhr Well-Known Member

I don't know about more common. I have run the adv solo Zek zone I think 7 or 8 times and have seen one of the combine belts. I know others in my guild are also running it and I think there may have been one more drop guildwide. Typically, that wouldn't matter with a 90 minute lockout - but with a 6 hour lockout. That by itself makes the belt a lot more rare.
  9. duckster Active Member

I know its been mentioned already by gninja but i sincerely hope its sooner rather than later with regards to tuning the resolve required on these mobs.

Guilds that dont have 1 of each class like ourselves will struggle to meet the resolve required.

For example having no brawler/channeler/beastlord/swash is like 40 resolve(if my resolve numbers are correct). Then factor in potential afks and/or lack of necessary classes = shorthanded raids are being penalised heavily.(Boxed toons should never be there to make up numbers)

Tune the resolve numbers by 10%, alternatively boost the amounts on gear to offset what is required. Its going to be a painful few months if resolve isn't tweaked(i know this is literally the 1st week of being introduced but action soon is definitely needed).
  10. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

I've been running the adv solo twice daily, and i have yet to see a belt drop. I don't think it's that common as you say it is.
  11. Mogrim Well-Known Member

Resolve doesn't share with swarm pets.
    Cutcha likes this.
  12. Jerpa Member

Most likely working as intended.
    Anyone checked if the heartboundbuff works with pets?
  13. Lea Plath Active Member

GU100 update said it would share
  14. Gninja Developer

Resolve is correctly sharing with pets. Its something else blocking dumbfires in this specific zone. We have been troubleshooting this for a while now trying to figure it out. If we remove resolve completely from the player and boss they still do no damage.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  15. Lamatu Active Member

Can the final belt be made Infusable please?
    -Soteria- likes this.
  16. Mogrim Well-Known Member

Time to educate those dumbfires so they can all be smartfires!
    Sigrdrifa and -Soteria- like this.
  17. Dotuming Active Member

Might want to also fix the fact when doing a mob's script if we have to change damage types, the swarm pets will not change and become useless thus rendering a lot of summoners damage non existant.
    Yoube likes this.
  18. Jrel Well-Known Member

I'm not too thrilled with how Resolve is working. We could have done a fight last week even though missing 4 people, but got soundly trounced in a few seconds. Then this week, we had to spend 15-20 minutes trying to juggle classes to meet the resolve of a name, because of missing a few classes, even though we had raid-worthy backups available that could do all other ToT content.
    Neiloch, Yoube, Xillean and 1 other person like this.
  19. Nkito Well-Known Member

As people have said, they really need to do one of two things. Either standardize the resolve buff amount across all classes (though i suspect this is less likely if this is supposed to increase certain class desirability) or allow up to 2 of the same class to stack (if they still are not since the update). It would still prevent the overstacking of op classes but loosen the reigns a little and allow some flexibility.

The rules and target resolve numbers are just too fine a line with the current structure and will be very frustrating for most guilds.
  20. Mermut Well-Known Member

If a certain class is generally not played, it's usually because that class offers much less in the current content (since it changes from expac to expac). Giving certain classes a higher resolve buff doesn't make those weak classes 'more desirable'. It forces the raid to bring classes that offer little EXCEPT the higher resolve. And, unless they change the resolve buff each expac to reflect the constantly changing usefulness of classes (as balance is changed due to mechanics adjustments) eventually weaker clases will ALSO have less resolve.
    -Soteria- and Yoube like this.