Bloody Ykeshan Scourge proc is not working.

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Enigma, Apr 30, 2016.

1. Enigma Active Member

2. duckster Active Member

Is that quested or dropped in the new zone?
  3. Enigma Active Member

Heritage Collections reward.
  4. Lea Plath Active Member

Can you do me a favour and drop me a PM with the heritage collection information please? I'm needing it for my GU100 write up.
  5. Regolas Well-Known Member

Why can't druids wear it too?

Lacerator all over again but this time it's a 1hb so they should be able to use it.
  6. duckster Active Member

\aITEM -1491192520 -695186360:Bloody Ykeshan Short Sword\/a or http://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/2803774776 (whichever is easier to see ingame/offline)
  7. Praetorian Well-Known Member

I can verify that this item is indeed broken.
  8. Caith Developer

Are you attacking with the melee weapon, or are you using ranged auto attack? I just verified that this proc works correctly.
  9. Rainmare Well-Known Member

well I've done solo Keep and solo overland. the blues are only in the heroic overland?
  10. Mandoblast Active Member

Caith, I am a bit confused. If the proc says "Combat hit or Spell"...why would it matter if combat was initiated ranged or melee?
  11. Caith Developer

Because melee weapon procs require that you are using the weapon, and have had that requirement for years.
  12. Guurzak Active Member

Then the text should read "any melee hit" rather than "any combat hit".
    Neiloch likes this.
  13. Azhurial New Member

If this is the case, there are a lot of broken weapons.
    Neiloch likes this.
  14. Enigma Active Member

Considering this is a mage weapon choice it should go off spell hits.
  15. Caith Developer

It does proc off of spell hits, while you are in melee combat and not ranged combat.
  16. Sylke Well-Known Member

I am confused by this. Are you saying that attacking with your ranged weapon cannot trigger procs from your melee weapons? Because that's definitely not the case (at least not with pretty much any other current weapon proc).
  17. Enigma Active Member

so far i have only been able to get it to proc when i just use melee auto attack but if i do spells or use my ranged wand it does not proc.
  18. Enigma Active Member

I assume it should go off spells while using your wand since what mage is gonna be in close combat using their melee weapons to do auto attack damage.
  19. Monstuhr Well-Known Member

Caith are you sure about that? I see early advantage procs that come from a lacerator on my necromancer and I know I am in ranged auto. If it is supposed to only proc if in melee - (1) lots of procs are broken; and (2) that is a really bad design choice.

Procs should proc regardless of which combat style you choose to be in. Especially because like Enigma said what benefit is there to a mage (or spell priest; or ranger) if these procs don't hit on ranged attacks/spells.

Thinking about it some more - I am fairly confident scoundrel slip procs on melee and CAs when in melee range and not just ranged autos or cas while in ranged attack.
    Sylke likes this.
  20. Mermut Well-Known Member

Uhm... my coercer uses the early advantage staff out of the District of Ash advanced solo zone and uses spell weapon auto-attack. The early advantage proc shows up just fine on my parse. That's clearly not working as you think it should be.
    I respectfully suggest that you're incorrect about weapon procs. Also, if that were the case, then ranged weapon procs shouldn't go off if you're using melee auto-attack.. and that, too, is clearly not the case.
    Neiloch likes this.