So...Heartbound...

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Lea Plath, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Lea Plath Active Member

Is it a one time thing? Can you unbind and rebind to another?

And for those not in the loop, the buff is 15% fervor solo and 30% total if the other person is online which IMO is a stupid amount. I would much rather it be a more general buff or something less must have. Like an xp or status boost togther or making heartbound players get extra bonuses from food or drink made by their spouse, or the stone functioning as a single person CoV.
    Deago, Neiloch, DoomDrake and 4 others like this.
  2. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

Yeah... I mean 30 fervor is nice... but when everyone has it (and everyone will) then it just becomes one more thing you have to remember to go click. Seems over the top!
  3. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

Finally a sensible buff and you complain about it rather than rejoice, incredible.
  4. Lea Plath Active Member

Lets look at the issues. It is a P2P thing. So players who play will be st least 30% better than players who dont from now till the end of time.

Secondly the buff is huge. When you are getting like 4 resolve from a belt. 12 or so from a dirge buff set. Etc 30 fervor is massive. Anyone who is serious about being the best they can be NEEDS this buff which in turn takes away from the specialness or mesning for it. The way I understood this was it was to be something for couples, friends or families that rewarded them for playing togther in some small way.

Three, the buff is a 30 min ones so it needs constant refreshing. It is a small annoyance in that you need a spare account camped by the clicky to refresh it or keep porting out and in.

I raid. I pay for membership. I try to be the best I can be. This isnt what I want out of soulbonding. The cat is out of the bag now. But I would of prefered a smaller buff that provided some sort of link. As opposed to a must have buff everyone wants
  5. Rhaelia New Member

So how in the world are we supposed to "go into the shard of love with 2 players and do a quick quest" to become heartbound, when the zone is agnostic and now you need a full group????
  6. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

There is no quest. The thing was in the chest from Mithy.
    It places into a guild hall (only) and you can be bound there.
    Must be grouped and both in the hall.
  7. Proen Member

yall got it all wrong, Its a buff that goes on the 2 that is heartbound, 5 fervor for non members for both you and your partner. 15 for members for both. when you rekindle its 15 for non and 30 fervor for both. The rekindling part last 30 mins but the heartbound buff is perm so its 15 all the time for member, when both you and your partner is online.
    Sejreia likes this.
  8. Ishuna Well-Known Member

From listening to the stream that's what I thought heartbound meant. Just a small feel good thing for people/couples etc. I have no issue with the way it currently is for those that want that, but it would have been nice to have a special thing with small buffs ( could have been really small like the mentioned food/xp idea) and a "heartbound of" title for people to simply celebrate their relationships. For example I was going to heartbound with my rl husband but I can't group/raid so won't be able to. I solo or duo ( I have severe osteoarthritis/fibro/sle and I can't move/react fast enough any more for groupage/raids ) From the way they talked about it, it just surprised me that this was what heartbound turned out to be.
  9. BrouhahaTLE New Member

Is the heartbound system available on TLE?
  10. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

You can only heartbound to more than one person in Utah.
  11. Leeroy 16 year vet. Forum lurker. Altaholic.

check the update notes.
  12. d1anaw Well-Known Member

And we can make the same complaint about people with the special armor that only raiders or certain classes can get, spells, jewelry or virtually anything else. I think the real problem for some who are used to be "uber" is that it IS available to anyone who wants to bother to do it.
    Crastinal, RedBB and CrystalStar like this.
  13. Ishuna Well-Known Member

I think they just re-added the old sol zone with its normal fluff drops.( Thank you devs very much for doing that) I think only the agnostics will give the needed item from Mr.Marr. I could be wrong, I haven't checked yet but it just said they re added the zone.
    Jaden likes this.
  14. Azian Well-Known Member

No. The problem is that it's a really uber buff that pretty much immediately became mandatory to maintain at all times and it becomes 50% weaker every 30 minutes. That's a total pain in the back side. 15 additional fervor is HUGE. Keep in mind that as of right now we are aware of exactly 2 items that have been designated as Greater Relic in the game. One of those two items, you know the best of the best in the game, procs a short duration 15 fervor buff for the group. This new buff is a permanent 15 with double that for 30 mins and can be renewed immediately for anybody that bothers to get it. Wth??

Also, since it's between two characters rather than two accounts, if someone has to switch characters to help with your group or raid, you either have go back to your hall and redo the thing or take a major hit to how effective your character is. Ultimately, my biggest beef with it is the 30 minutes thing. I'm just expecting to be very fluid in who I'm heartbound with to keep that buff up as much as possible.

Btw, in my opinion this helps those "uber" characters you love to hate so much far more than a lesser geared/played toon. Once a week Joe used to do 20 million dps on his ranger. Using the 30% buff he now puts out 26 million. Sounds great, right? John every day raider used to put out 100 million dps. He now does 130. So, while the % is the same the real numbers gap just got wider with Joe going up by 6 million and John by 30. Obviously I'm making up numbers here to simplify it and illustrate my point.
    Laliya, Pixilicious, Ishuna and 4 others like this.
  15. Cleitus Member

Agree that this is WAY too large of a fervor buff for what Heartbound is supposed to be. Now, it's basically a required buff for raiders. Anyone that doesn't get it is way behind the performance curve.

I thought this was supposed to be something cool and unique that certain players could do together in order to show that they are partnered or have some sort of connection in game whether it be friends, couples, etc. The fervor buff completely cheapens any RP aspect of Heartbound that may have been intended and turns it into a "must have" for anyone wanting to min/ max. It should be a "nice to have" effect that people aren't going to stress over if their partner has to swap toons or is out for the night.

I'll heart bound ANYONE for 15-30% fervor!
    Laliya, Pixilicious, Xillean and 6 others like this.
  16. Regolas Well-Known Member

Considering what buffs we've got from altars and membership, it does seem OTT. But hey, maybe their goal is to quickly get everyone capped on fervor and move on to another stat.
  17. Mazrim New Member

I like that the buff is good. This is a great benefit for those that do play together all the time.
    Thanks for that and please don't nerf it. I have a hard enough time convincing my wife to play as much as myself.
    This buff will help with that.
    So it's a royal pain for non-partners to keep up all the time, think that is the point.
    Finally get a worthwhile benefit for playing with wife and would be really disappointed to have it taken away.
    Not interested in more fluff.
  18. Tekka Well-Known Member

Is it the agnostic instance of SoL only for the heartbound item? I've tried a few times, but don't have mega gear and didn't get very far either time. I thought it was supposed to be doable from level 20 and up, not just for folks in crazy ToT gear.
  19. Feylone Active Member

I got it from the regular one.
  20. Tekka Well-Known Member

Thank you Feylone! *makes a mad dash for SoL to surprise the inended*

*also leaves shortbreads on the way out*
    Moonpanther, Ishuna and Prissetta like this.