scoundrel's slip Not Usable by rangers

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Uncle, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Uncle Active Member

Now that we can use two relics, Can Rangers get a way to change the scoundrels slip to a bow K thnx
  2. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

since when could we use two relics?

never mind. I went and read testing notes. dismiss my question.
  3. Uncle Active Member

read test patch note u'll be able too on Thursday when gu 100 hits live
  4. Healious Active Member

I mage/priest alternative would be cool as well.
  5. Thummper New Member

Uncle just mad BC he cant get myth bow to drop in chest hahaha
  6. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

I don't see a huge reason to make Rangers able to use this as a bow. Rangers have always been different, and have had extra benefits that other scouts couldnt get.

Prime example is the Fervor shield from AoM.
  7. duckster Active Member

I see what you did there except that shield can be used by any scout.
  8. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

As can scoundrels slip. Your point?

And exactly how many non-rangers do you see running round with a shield equipped as a BIS DPS option.
    Ratitz likes this.
  9. Ratitz Active Member

While we're at it, make scoundrels slip's damage rating a bit higher. you would think that a relic 100m status item would have a rating equal or greater to last expac's ranged weapons. not subpar.
  10. Uncle Active Member

they made a far less costing(luck factor aside) myth pouch do this so they should be able to make the same way.
  11. duckster Active Member

It can be equipped but rendering a fair chunk of the ranged abilities useless as the ranged weapon requires the use of a 'Bow'.(This rings true for most scouts with exception of rogues who use a throwing weapon for one of their CAs - So changing it to a bow would benefit more than ranger).

Comparing a shield which is a raid drop to a merchant item that anyone can get solo(crafting/key quests and the various other ways) doesnt justify the means to not change it.

Scouts already got shafted with the key rewards earlier this expansion(ranged items should have been in a crate as opposed to melee getting caster ranged drops).

FYI i have the myth bow from keys but i agree with the OP, though who knows in a matter of days we may get a bow version from the treasure chests.
  12. Entropy Well-Known Member

Why would rangers even want this? Half of your good abilities require a bow. This isn't a bow.

If you're going to then argue for a purchasable relic bow, then hey, everyone deserves a usable weapon type so we need at least 3 new items. Probably not going to happen.
  13. Uncle Active Member

I have the pouch I want it to be like the myth pouch being able to change the slip into a bow
  14. Entropy Well-Known Member

I'm a wizard. I'd like a pony.
    Ratitz likes this.