Old Zek removed?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Pixiewrath, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Pixiewrath Active Member

Does anyone know if the old version of Zek will be removed with the future update?

I was in the middle of the quest chain there when I took my EQ2 break and kind of want to see what the story goes like.

So will old Zek be removed or is the new area just a second edition of it, so the old one is still accessible?
  2. LordTiras Well-Known Member

The old one will still be accessible, from what I've read. This will be an additional zone.
    Belenos and Finora like this.
  3. Guurzak Active Member

When they've released higher-level versions of old zones in the past, the original zones remained accessible. There's no reason to remove content that someone might play.
  4. Liral Active Member

They better keep the old version available. Not everyone is end game content all the time.
  5. Finora Well-Known Member

The devs stated that it would be just another version of the zone (like all the fabled zones, Runnyeye the Gathering etc) and that old Zek would still be there.

Just to verify, I hopped on Test server and had no issues zoning into the regular old Zek on my level 44. I can't tell you how to get to the new zone since I wasn't privileged enough to be in the beta and haven't got anyone who is level 100 on test, but it certainly seems the old zone is exactly where it's always been safe & sound. =)
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Zek, the Scourge Wastes is its own separate zone. You will get there the first time after you get a special letter in your game mail and doing that intro quest. Thereafter, the wizard spires will take you there.
  7. Finora Well-Known Member

Thanks Sigrdrifa! I'll be needing that info come Thursday for HOF Finora =).
    Kaitheel likes this.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Which reminds me, time to make a macro that explains how to get to the new content for use in General chat!
    Arielle Nightshade and Alenna like this.
  9. Kaitheel Developer

Oh, and it'll be handy to note that if someone deletes their mail, or somehow it is not delivered to them, they should speak with Jerol <Norrathian Express> in The Village of Shin. He's very useful when it comes to ensuring that you get missed messages.

~ Kaitheel
  10. Meneltel Well-Known Member

thanks, Kaitheel, for the heads up!
  11. Pixiewrath Active Member

Oki, thanks for clearing this up.

Qeynos... Freeport... City neighborhoods...

So yes, I was worried :p