Resolve

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by knine, Apr 22, 2016.

1. knine Well-Known Member

So is resolve basically what crit not used to be, not in so many words lol. Will gear from tot has the stat placed on it ?
  2. Anunnaki Active Member

It says right in the patch notes that it will be added to ToT gear.
  3. Ashandra Well-Known Member

Sounds like ethereal weapons won't have it by that description to me.
  4. Beee Well-Known Member

let's wait and see ;)
  5. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Crit mit 2.0, probably even repurposed the crit mit code heh. I should just do a search for crit mit, find the MANY posts of people hating it with a passion and re-post them.
    Xillean, -Soteria- and Ragna like this.
  6. Orval New Member

So many bad words I want to type after reading the patch notes. Only use Merc as a lazy man targeting, but I bet Merc goes poof soon as agro hits.
  7. Korucuu Well-Known Member

I have to admit, my initial reaction to this was negative... But, I shall see how it plays out.
  8. flameweaver Well-Known Member

I hope this includes the purified and experimented mastercrafted gear. I'd hate to go though all that harvesting, purifying, experimenting processing again just get this new stat.
    I know the patch notes says all gear, so I'm expecting this to include stuff that is already looted/equipped, and not just ALL the stuff looted/crafted after the update.
    Kittybock likes this.
  9. Tyman Active Member

Since everyone is getting a resolve buff hopefully this won't punish not full raid nights too bad.
    Daalilama likes this.
  10. Lea Plath Active Member

It really depends, how is this done.

Crit Mit was just an awful gating mechanic. You need x much or you were dead. It was static.

Resolve sounds like it might be a scaling thing. So, it might replace the damage multipliers or reduction on future mobs. And if it is on temp buffs, it could make things more interesting.

For example, you are facing down Snorty Big-loot, a huge ugly raid monster. Snorty will, at various points, gain a huge amount of resolve until you destroy his totems, giving him a damage buff and damage reduction.

So obviously the tanks will need to be using their temps, healers healing extra hard etc. But what if the bard/conjy/coercer/illy/whatever has a temp buff! Lets say...Chime of Blades. And it doesn't just come with a proc, it comes with 25 resolve.

So it makes hitting it at this point better, adding another layer of things players can be doing to help contribute to a win.

If it is like that, I can see resolve being a fine mechanic. If it is crit mit 2.0 static gating effects, meh.
    flameweaver likes this.
  11. Dedith Well-Known Member

Resolve does two things for players. It either lets the mob hit us harder (our resovle is less than the mobs), or the mob hits us for normal damage.

At no point in the description in the notes does it say players get bonus damage.

Unlike crit mit, we cannot stack crit chance to bypass a mobs crit mit.

This is a gating mechanism, you either have enough resolve or you bring more healers.
  12. Raenius Well-Known Member

Whatever you do to ToT gear - just DO NOT add it only to new drops but patch the old stuff retroactively.

It was *meh* back the day when you had to re-obtain pretty much every piece in its invigorated version and it will be pretty *meh* if you are planning to let us do this with GU 100.
    flameweaver likes this.
  13. Gninja Developer

The resolve stat will be/has been added to all ToT items. Not just newly dropped ones.
    Kittybock, Feldon and -Soteria- like this.
  14. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

What about mercenaries and with the current prelude essential weapons?
  15. Nero Active Member

I guess this is one way of getting rid of those pesky AoM etherials. Assuming those won't be included in the update?

Might just have to wait and see if we will have enough "Resolve" if you are rocking 1, 2, or all 3 of the etherial weapons from last x-pac.
  16. Mermut Well-Known Member

So this is crit mit for damage being taken + crit avoidance for mobs taking damage merged into one stat... I hope this turns out better then the crit mit/crit avoidance worked in the past.
  17. Mermut Well-Known Member

We don't know even know which item slots will have this stat in what amounts yet...
  18. Raenius Well-Known Member

Good to know, cheers! *passing a beer*
  19. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

Test it, if you have a lvl 100 char on test you can ... lol ... thats so funny ... thinking ist not your strength dear db dev´s, sorry
  20. Mermut Well-Known Member

I don't have any lvl 100 toons on test.