GU 100: Experience Vial System

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Apr 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phyr Member

Thank you for the Response, I've very happy that we're not getting them on Stormhold.
    Sapryze and Livejazz like this.
  2. Alarra Well-Known Member

200k XP is very little. A single tithe point is 225k to put it in perspective.
  3. Alenna Well-Known Member

good that you found out that the TLE servers were not for you but for those who want to stop and smell the roses
    Sapryze and Kekox like this.
  4. Airros Active Member

Pretty sure tithe xp and Adventure xp isn't calculated the same way...just sayin ;)
  5. Finora Well-Known Member

LOL.

EQ maybe, but not EQ2. In EQ2 certainly did take longer than it currently does on the standard ruleset servers, but it wasn't the slog/grindfest that old EQ was for danged sure. Even these days in EQ1 you can spend hours in the tutorial alone. Thing you have to remember is the TLE's are supposed to somewhat mimic the latter, not the former.
    So the rate of experience gain in EQ1 really doesn't matter in to your average EQ2 player who tries out the TLE server for nostalgia about this game. If they wanted to do it in EQ1 way they have a selection of Progression servers to choose from there instead.
    Belenos likes this.
  6. abrakadabra New Member

I remember camping on NPC 's and having a Johnny come lately steal your contact, only to start camping all over again. But that was then, and now we face a new and frightening reality. Daybreak ignores a real and obvious problem, this game, as much as I love it, is dying. I have watched four guilds fail due to no new blood. I am the leader of Stygian Souls, a strong and dynamic guild.......8 years ago. When I joined there were 142 members, we were senior oriented , raiding and grouping, and teaching as well as leveling newbies. It has been 2 years since I have had an inquiry about joining..I am retired and a widower, so time to play is not a problem, I often play 8 or more hours a day, but it is all solo, as there is nobody out there. I have 14 toons that are 100/100 with all the other badges and capabilities that can be earned. I fly a looking for everything flag. No response in more the 18 months to grouping or anything else. We do not need XP thumbdrives,or instant smart pills, and for sure not vials of yesterday, what we need is people, lots of people. Recruiting is what Daybreak should be doing, recruiting like crazy. Not FTP but buy a year and get a year free to match. If you don't think this game can fail then I suggest you drive your new Pontiac dowm to Gotschalk's travel dept and get a ticket on Eastern Airlines. My guild now has 3 members.
    Bekkr, Merriel, Sapryze and 3 others like this.
  7. Lithinor Member

the last response i heard about advertising was something about social media and word of mouth being their ads for EQ.... lol. meanwhile WoW is putting out a movie
    Merriel and Sapryze like this.
  8. Finora Well-Known Member

Well to be fair, it's not a WoW movie specifically. Not that the average WoW player will probably realize or care about that until they are watching it. It's supposed to follow the story of the first Warcraft game from...like 22-23? years ago.
    Blizzard has been on top of the game for years though. There have been all kinds of books, mangas and what not for a long time. You can go to a public library or most bookstores & find Warcraft books.

If I remember right many years ago was the first time Blizzard talked about a Warcraft movie, about the same time Sony was talking about a future EQ movie. We all know who ended up with more money to throw at that project.

All said and done, advertising has never been something the EQ franchise has been good at. Which is really too bad, because old EQ was better than it's contemporaries (imo) and EQ2 in many ways was and is better than it's contemporaries. People just only widely get news about "server merger", " goes F2P", "SOE sold off to investment company". Not good advertising. Advertising via Facebook to people already following you is idiotic. As is relying on your players to bring in more players.

EQ could at least do the book thing one would think. There are an awful lot of good stories in these games.
  9. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

How much DBC for a 'vial'?
    Belenos, Xianthia and Finora like this.
  10. Livejazz Well-Known Member

I agree, it ought to take longer, but apparently the "instant gratification" crowd can't tolerate such a thing.

Except for me, that is: I'm questing my 96 Wizzie, 68 Mystic, & 24 SK, because even doing it solo is a LOT more fun than grinding agnostic dungeons all day long. But, whatever, if others want to grind the same ol same ol, all day long, & then whine about how "boring" it is to level, that's their problem, not mine.
  11. Xianthia Well-Known Member

What is the price point for the vials? This is a really interesting concept, all will come down to how much per vial (obviously for me).

The amount of experience appears low, I'm guessing it's because of my perception of how quick it is to get experience. In any case, has a price been decided and what is that! I want to know!
    Belenos, Airros and Finora like this.
  12. Siren Well-Known Member

And can level 100s use fill them up with experience for friends/lower-level alts?

And is there a vial type for trade XP too (and do you have to craft to fill it up, if so)?
    HaphazardAllure and Belenos like this.
  13. Airros Active Member

This is what it really boils down to, isn't it? And...I agree completely agree with Abra...
  14. Taezya Member

1. I can imagine that the price of these on item shop are gonna be crazy. After all this is another way to get more money even from the paying members. Of course they probably don't want it to be SO open that everybody isn't able to use this new toon steroid so easily. The economy in this game is already so shot that buying it on the broker will be a ridiculous endeavor for some. I remember it was a big concern in EQ and now it's worse in EQ2 now.

2. I've seen this before in other games. First in Runes of Magic and then again in Dragon's Prophet. It's a good way to lvl toons so you don't have to do a lot of grinding on lower lvls...well you don't really have to grind on lower lvls cuz it's so easy to lvl anyway when you're a low lvl. The down side is like all leveling where you're not actually playing your toon to it's potential you're not actually learning how to play the class. If you have several toons that you've played to level then it's not as bad cuz you probably have ways to compensate.

3. I imagine that at lvl 100 this is a good opportunity to build up the vials since other than tithe and maybe some aa, you're not actually getting any benefit from playing a lvl 100...not for the lvl 100 anyway. I play slow so I'm never in any hurry to be the first to do anything or max my toons out to be put in a dusty closet awaiting a lvl cap increases. If of course you can still use this at lvl 100 which I don't know why you wouldn't.
  15. Thalador Active Member

Worst idea ever. The game is already stupid easy, this is just another way for powerleveler types to make a profit off of casual players.
    Mizgamer62 and Sapryze like this.
  16. Thalador Active Member

I could not have said this better myself. I have wondered for years why SOE/DBG never advertised like WoW.. That is what needs to happen.
    Merriel and Sapryze like this.
  17. Tetrol Well-Known Member

Already have to turn xp to aa to stay at a level to do any particular zone without out levelling it - let alone if you want do more than one zone of a similar level, On top of that you get your aa's for free when you do actually level, so putting xp to aa is pointless anyway. Not even any point to get vials to fill and sell - because if you don't participate in the lvl 100 "gear up game" you don't need cash anyway when you are getting 200 plat a day equivalent for loyalty tokens (haven't even cashed in any)
    Mizgamer62 and Sapryze like this.
  18. Sapryze Member

Momma always said ... way to go daybreak. If you want to kill it, at least be humane and kill it quickly ...
    Lithinor, Thalador and Mizgamer62 like this.
  19. Belenos Well-Known Member

For me personally, with 25+ characters, these would be very useful, and I was excited by the announcement. However this will only interest me if the price of the vials is reasonable--and by reasonable, I do not mean like the price of vitality potions, which are stupidly overpriced.

I think it is important to remember, when pricing these, that it is an EMPTY vial that we are (perhaps!) buying, and we must still do the work to fill them ourselves. It would also be prudent to think about the cost of using these as compared to just outright buying a level 90 heroic character (or upgrading a current character to level 90 by the same method).

Remember, you can make the same amount (and probably more) by selling volume of a product at a reasonable price, and have many happy customers, or you can go for "the big haul" on each item, sell few or none, and alienate your customer base at the same time. Hopefully you will make the right decision.

These are something I would buy and use if the price is reasonable, but if they are overpriced (like vitality potions!) I wouldn't touch one with the proverbial ten foot pole.
    Siren, HaphazardAllure and Alenna like this.
  20. Rynnay New Member

Why don't I just buy 100's with everything & pay DB to play for me? What is the point?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.