Please remove the Champion's Respite clickies if you aren't going to fix them

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by suka, Apr 7, 2016.

1. suka Well-Known Member

people are getting toons stuck in Champion's Respite. you accidentally click on it while running, and it seems to zone you. then you get an emote saying your toon can't be found in that world. then you are stuck. there is no way to send them home since the devs haven't seen fit to give us a "go home" button on character select (funny but they gave one to eq1).

i have friends with toons stuck there. one is level 100. please fix this. and please send all of the toons stuck there back home.
  2. Theason New Member

Honestly this would be very helpful because I am the one stuck :( and I don't want to delete my orginal toon I had for years because it was named after my mother's toon when she used to play EQII with me which is very valueable to me because she doesn't play the game anymore sadly though lately the toon that is stuck is my main toon that I raid with. -Theadellason (a lvl 100 from MajDul)
    suka likes this.
  3. Spindle Well-Known Member

Your first thought was to delete your character instead of sending in a petition?
    Have you yet petitioned for your character to be found?
    Give that a try first.
    Kittybock likes this.
  4. suka Well-Known Member

he will petition, but the clickies should at the very least be deactivated until they are fixed or removed if they don't want to fix them. he isn't the only one stuck there and i am sure he won't be the last
    Theason likes this.
  5. Theason New Member

I have had this experience happen before for me back during when lvls 30-89 were daily seen in Champions Respite because one of my old alts had got stuck before as well which I have deleted since I had no idea on what to do but now that I am a returning player I am well more informed from people who can help me I don't plan to delete my main toon (a original toon at that) because of this though
    suka likes this.
  6. Theason New Member

suka likes this.
  7. suka Well-Known Member

8. Kittybock Well-Known Member

I tested this with an alt. Stuck. Up-voted.

That said, IMHO a title like "Battlegrounds Portal Broken", or "Is Battlegrounds Down?" might have been better. Why assume that they would NOT want to fix a bug??
    suka likes this.
  9. suka Well-Known Member

i went and researched this. there have been problems with this for a long time now and there were also posts about closing battlegrounds.

and other posts about pvp like this one: http://eq2wire.com/2016/03/11/everquest-ii-ending-pvp-support-on-april-5th/
  10. suka Well-Known Member

i haven't tried to enter the battlegrounds from the dungeonfinder. i am afraid to. i don't want to get stuck. however, the clickies don't enter you in anymore. you get booted and end up stuck with no toon in either world. from the looks of dungeonfinder, the battlegrounds seem to still be active. i can't seem to find anything about them being actually closed. if you get a quest you might can get in, but again, i don't want to lose a toon so i am worried about testing that on a higher toon
  11. suka Well-Known Member

however, if they don't fix them, i would love to see them left as monuments- just take away the ability for them to zone you so you don't get stuck. if they keep battlegrounds, they can make them accessible through dungeon finder instead of the clicky

some of us are doing some more tests. we found the quests are still active. we are taking small toons in with the quest to see if the grounds are still alive
  12. Gninja Developer

We are looking into the issue. For now we have locked the BG server so no more folks get stuck loading.
    Xillean, Kittybock and suka like this.
  13. suka Well-Known Member

thank you so very much
  14. Bhaok New Member

What about fixing the issue with toons already stuck and can not log in?
  15. Gninja Developer

If you have a character stuck send me a Private message with server/character name and I can see what I can do.
  16. Bhaok New Member

PM sent.
  17. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update!

Also, a huge thanks to the GM that already rescued my toon I'd tested with ;) Awesome response time!
    Xillean and HaphazardAllure like this.
  18. Daeth New Member

With the death of all the PvP servers, any chance battlegrounds will ever get looked at? They were a lot of fun in TSO.

Please remove Champion's Respite though, it was always horrible. People don't want to wait in a hub for a match, they want to keep playing and doing things until it is ready to go. Then put them back where they were once the match is over.

Same thing goes with dungeon finder. Why put it in and then not support it? It launched without the ability to form a decent group and then you wonder why no one used it. At least a tank and healer should be minimum requirement, with preference for tank, healer, bard, chanter, two dps where possible. At launch of the dungeon finder we got groups with 6 tanks, 6 healers and all other sorts of ridiculous non-groups. So the playerbase quickly abandoned it.

While I am on a roll with whinging... Dungeon Maker.... why not put the tokens back but leave XP disabled? I mean... people paid for that content, the least they should get is the cosmetic / levelling rewards, even if they are no longer supported for max level.

But I will leave on a positive note, loving the current direction of EQ2, its the most fun I have had since TSO era. Keep up the good work :D
    suka and Feldon like this.
  19. suka Well-Known Member

especially dungeon maker- we have been begging for the tokens. it was one of the easiest ways to get certain items- like a nice flying mount, some appearance weapons, debt reduction potions, repair kits, and more. the tokens were directly tied to the xp and the challenge, but they can still be allotted to the challenge and no xp given
  20. Avithax Well-Known Member

**Cough Cough