EU Server Consolidation FAQ

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Mar 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

You didn't have two regions merge, so this means nothing. The US merged were all US region based characters so shared the pool of toons in first place.

The merges coming up will merge the English UK, French, German and Russian regions into one.

How they deal with character slots is a complete mystery. Don't be silly and do anything until you see what happens.
  2. Ansom Active Member

Delete character for rumor is pretty stupid.. :oops:

If we will don't have more total slot, in the worse situation the surplus character will stay not usable.
    Febrith likes this.
  3. Spindle Well-Known Member

Lived, worked managing testing and tech support in Germany, filmed a niche documentary in India over 6 month, spent three years studying various cultures in Latin America and would not claim to be an economic expert on any of those countries.
    Currently work in alternative care with seniors and veterans many of whom, GASP, live on fixed incomes of $12,000 or LESS in the US. Many of those seniors and veterans are gamers, and GASP, scrimp to pay for one of the few enjoyments they can afford.

You do realize that median figure you wave includes a substantial 14.8% in poverty in the US. Russia's poverty is roughly 16%. The two figures are pretty close. Scary.

Enjoy your sanctimony.
  4. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

It appears that Russians were getting a big discount that will soon go away. That they will now be paying what everyone else is paying may well be unpleasant but it seems fair for them to pay the same as us. I understand the outrage of paying more than the US, as I have heard is true in the UK, but paying full price is not a punishment.
  5. Feldon Well-Known Member

So I'm curious. Do people really think that a loaf of bread or dozen eggs or gallon of gas costs the same worldwide?
    • Gas is $9 a gallon in Germany. Ok let's pay that here. That would be fair right?
    • Rent for a 400 sq foot apartment in Singapore is $3,000 a month. Let's have that pricing here.
    • Purchasing or importing a car in Denmark comes with a 180% Sales Tax. An economy car costs $40,000. We should definitely have that here.
    • A loaf of bread is 10 cents in Eastern Europe. I'm sure we'd all be happy to pay that.
    The problem with "They should pay the same thing we do" is, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.
  6. Sharann Well-Known Member

It's not about getting a discount or paying a full price, it's about adapting a service to the country's average income.

I live in Switzerland, and we pay 30-50% more on everything than in any other country in Europe. Why? Just because our income is higher. Ex: A book costs 20€ in Switzerland, same book 10€ in France. The book took the same amount of money to get printed.
    Berserkerkitten likes this.
  7. Senral New Member

Then the salary should be in Russian.
    300-700 $ (family) in the best case.
  8. Bunji Developer

Splitpaw is back down atm. We are looking into guilds being renamed that should not have been.
  9. Estal Well-Known Member

Enjoying the sub 50 pings so far:D

An in game warning about servers going back down would have been nice btw.
  10. Doomravin Well-Known Member

Got to admit a warning would have been nice, but it was both funny and a bit scary watching us all scramble to keep our guild names in general chat :)
  11. Catkillers New Member

What time expected back on?
  12. Bunji Developer

Splitpaw is back up now.
  13. Estal Well-Known Member

Seeing is believing....

[IMG]

Before merge never seen ping drop below 60.
  14. Berserkerkitten Well-Known Member

Actually, it's much closer to 5 Bucks per gallon. Prices have been just under 1 Euro per litre for a while now, a gallon equals about 4,5 litres, so...
    I know this isn't adding much to the discussion at hand, but being German, I just felt the urge to chime in.

With that said, I'm shocked at some people's "they should all pay the same" attitude, when cost of living is so vastly different in each country. Somebody else mentioned Switzerland and it's absolutely true that the exact same books, magazines and other printed goods being published in both Germany and Switzerland always have a higher price tag printed on them for Switzerland. Heck, even Blizzard adjusted the monthly fee for WoW in some countries to reflect factors such as currency exchange rate, because that game has been running for over a decade and things have changed since the day the game went live.

Saying "paying full price is not a punishment" when the average income in some countries is a mere fraction of what people get in the US is short-sighted and selfish. But with some people's attitude towards F2P customers I'm not at all surprised. But hey, continue patting each other's backs for being the best, friendliest MMO community out there.
  15. LordTiras Well-Known Member

The rent price is seen, believe it or not, in a few highly sought after urban locations in the U.S. (Manhattan, parts of San Francisco, and prime sections of Boston are starting to get close to that). It's not uniform here - after all the apartment I have which is a bit over 154m^2 is under $1300 USD, but the same apartment 80km away in Boston is >$5000. So for an hour drive, the price goes up by almost 4x.

As for that 180% sales tax on cars? ...I'm not entirely against that idea. >.>

It's 3,78 litres per U.S. gallon. The U.S. Gallon is smaller than the Imperial gallon, measuring in at 1,2 U.S. Gallons per Imp. Gallon. Because we can't possibly have ANYTHING be consistent. :D
    Berserkerkitten and flameweaver like this.
  16. Feldon Well-Known Member

It's been a few years since I was over there...
  17. RadarX Community Manager

This thread seems to have become more about cost of living than the actual merge which is complete at this time. If you feel strongly enough about the specific topic please do feel free to create a thread but we're going to close up the FAQ at this time.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.