State of the Wizard Address (Serious)

Discussion in 'Mages' started by SacDaddy420, Dec 24, 2015.

1. SacDaddy420 Active Member

Allright so, sorry I abandoned this thread. Bout 2 months ago I started a side business and it took off! If youre in the KC area and want to improve the value of your home hit me up! Also, baseball season is about to start so hasta la vista, free time.

This thread is now all about ******* myself.

naw j/k, so I see this kind off took off. Well thats nice. When I was a reliable raider, the only fights I really looked forward to were the ninja turtles, and the magicians. Single target? Red buttons? wtf is that? Maybe in Nov we'll see....probably not tho, le sigh.

So I'm a nobody again, I'll hang my pointy hat next to Renavan and Dakota's dusty old rags.

Much love to Gninja and Daray (i asked you a hundred times man, these cats want to read your words, not mine!) for never posting here <3 tea and crumpets

Face from our one convo I felt you were a cool dude, much like Billy Zane.

Thanks for the shoutout Rubick

Mogrim you still cant dance.

I felt the fire in Falkboom's heart and saw the gleam in his eye, he'll be fine.

When puberty finally hits Belton he is going to grow into a fine, upstanding gentleman.

Go TBA , Eidolon, DA, NPU, Strike, NPU again, Fatality!

Adios Wizards for the 3rd (4th?) time! Im sure I'll be back in the winter, maybe (probably). Be sure to post these ideas and more in the beta threads around Oct or so cuz Im pretty sure those are the only ones the devs read.

In conclusion, make Inq's auto for 100mill please, I know Acknar feels me.
  2. Mogrim Well-Known Member

I can dance if I want to.
  3. Rondo9 Active Member

Ok, so I have only just started raiding as a Wizard and yes something needs to happen for single target. I'll post this parse of Forge Golem because I think its the only fight that is kinda a straight single target fight (that I can think of right now).

[IMG]

Parse was: Beast Lord, Con, Me, Sin, Ranger
    Group: Wiz, Conj,Necro, Illy, Troub, Defiler

Conj got me by 30mil and well the Beast Lord they're in a league of there own at the moment. AE fights I feel that I compete well (aside from Beast Lords) but single target is something that definitely needs to be improved on.

PS. I consider myself a very green wizard and still have lots to learn.
  4. Rubyfire Member

i find that surprising the assassin should have been owning single target.
  5. Rondo9 Active Member

If you knew the fight you would probably understand.
  6. Rondo9 Active Member

Im sure on a day that he is not playing from a hotel room at 4am in morning on a laptop and crap wifi Im sure his parse would be different. But we are not here to talk about other classes dps from factors that arent mentioned here.
  7. Rubyfire Member

wow raiding from a laptop on hotel wifi at 4 am... i don't beleive in 4 am ....that is commendable commitment... or addiction a
    :p
  8. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

I'm sorry, but you can't come to a thread on a class you openly admit you have only just started on, and ask for it to be made better.

That's like balancing raid content around a guild that only started raiding last week for the first time.
  9. Gandolph Member

Sacdaddy you forgot to mention the oldest living wizard out there... /tears.. cya in 6 months!
  10. Marq Member

I'd bet it has something to do with a certain hammer that might drop in that zone
    DoomDrake likes this.
  11. Rubyfire Member

ok so i was just wondering if maybe the left of the prestige tree would yield better single target and perhaps when i tried i was using it wrong. from the research i did i could only find one raid geared wizard with a left prestige tree setup but i was interested. they must be going something right to be geared. i tried to make a spec similar single target orientated but felt like i was shooting myself in the foot dps wise. i can get pretty good dps aoe. since the last month my single target has also improved. hours on dumbies 100+ reforges, a massive amount of plat on infusers and about 50 respects and im now coming about 4th dps but i can not get to the top. i was on debuff duty but still. i can not get more then a couple of perfect fb in a fight. since im spike damage that really hurts my parse. this expac is a strange one . they seem to have some laggy heroics with mass mobs and no raids with enough mobs to give me that edge. it has made me realise that i should have been happy when i was raiding shadow oddessy. back then i used to complain that wizards did not have the aoe required for some of the heroics. now that the foot is on the other foot i realise that back then we were exactly what we were supposed to be. single target gods. i jump between wizard and fury in raids alot so i don't have as much data as i would like just yet
  12. morath Member

[IMG]

No ethereal, no fervor weap, and 3 fiery blasts didn't register on the parse since ACT won't read 2.3B and above. Adjusted for the 3 fiery and the parse is just over 475M.
  13. Rubyfire Member

what do you mean act wont read 2.3b and above?... i will be peaved if this whole time ive been topping the parse and not known it... ive come in 2nd 3rd and 4th but never bothered to count fb hits against my usage of it.
  14. Uyaem Member

ACT stores the hits as signed 32bit integer (Int32 C# data type) and the maximum number it can hold is 2^32-1, so just above 2.2bn.
    A fix for that is easy, but has been held back because it might break existing plugins.
    As of yesterday, a beta version is downloadable on the official ACT page (zip file, not an installer). Aditu stated that plugin developers have another week to analyse side effects and fix any problems that occur, before the fix will get pushed to the auto updater.
    Int64 being the new data type, this will not be a problem again until eq2 servers shut down for good. ;)
  15. Rondo9 Active Member

Beastlords are going to parse even higher now!
  16. Brightlyz Active Member

Thats a nice parse, my guild hasnt killed them yet, but from the pulls we have taken i think i will be around 300mill. One big diffrence i can see is ur troub, the one in my guild only Jcaps themself (yes im serious) and is lucky to hit a 20 mill VC
  17. Rubyfire Member

even if it breaks the plugins it would be worth it. thank you so much for letting me know.
  18. Entropy Well-Known Member

What plugins are people using for EQ2? I've only ever used base ACT, and it's been fine.
  19. Rubyfire Member

they did an update recently to fix the parses. i seem to parsing ok now. we have an awsome conj on our raids that tops our parses but i can come second and im usaly in the top 5. it seems to depend alot on the type of fight. i still think we need some love though. mimic seems way over powered atm. i would like to see mana burn fixed. even just lowering cast time to increase its efficacy
  20. Rondo9 Active Member

With recent changes to fervor and pets its time the devs had a look at wizards, the class hasn't had any changes in years!