[TLE] Echoes of Faydwer to Unlock Thurs, April 7 @ 12PM PDT

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Mar 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roshen Well-Known Member

Hey all,

We've combined the results from Stormhold and Deathtoll for the March TLE vote, and players have chosen to unlock Echoes of Faydwer content on our Time-Locked Expansion server!

Echoes of Faydwer content is scheduled to unlock on Stormhold on Thursday, April 7, 2016 at 12PM (NOON) PDT.

[IMG]

NOTE: Deathtoll is scheduled to be merged into Stormhold on Tuesday, April 5, 2016. For more information on transferring your characters on Deathtoll to Stormhold, see the post here.
  2. Sapryze Member

HURRY!! Soon TLE can be current with Live! ...
  3. Adevil Well-Known Member

Hm. TLE has been out for a full 8 months and is currently on the 2nd expansion. Somehow I'm failing to see this rush to be current with Live.
    Feldon and Spindle like this.
  4. Leonitas of Potato Situational Awareness

actually, its moved 2 years in 8mos. eof was 2006. just sayin.
  5. Recn New Member

We've combined the results ...

Weren't the two servers supposed to be tabulated seperately ?

NOTE: Deathtoll is scheduled to be merged into Stormhold on Tuesday, April 5, 2016

So Deathtoll accounts got to vote TWICE?!?!? once on Deathtoll and once on Stormhold ?
    Jaden likes this.
  6. Haskar Active Member

Seriously, I would LOVE to see the numbers on that vote.
    I cannot believe there were so much "yes" votes on EOF, seeing it's completely bugged on test.
    DBG probably want to move on to EOF and hopes we forget about the KOS mess. But the Mess will just get bigger with every expansion.
  7. Blaupunkt Active Member

I dont know, a lot of the people in the guild I'm in voted yes, a lot of people seem the believe all the issues will be solved with the release of of this Xpac, I have my doubts, time will tell I guess.
  8. Adevil Well-Known Member

I voted yes out of sheer boredom. KoS is so awful I don't even like taking my toons there to harvest & shiney hunt anymore. It just happens to be an expansion I dislike with extreme predjudice.
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

we did not get to vote on Deathtoll :mad: so what's this about combining votes ?
    call it as it is, the vote was carried out on Stormhold
  10. flameweaver Well-Known Member

When you unlock EoF on the TLE server can you, for everything you hold dear, undo the sodding mess you created on the live servers when you decided to retrofit "nostalgia" to the KoS clouds. Give the live servers back their instant travel choices in KoS.
    Also, please provide a heads up on what nostalgic elements from EoF on TLE are going to find their way to the live servers.
    Juraiya, Xillean, Spindle and 2 others like this.
  11. Poofe Active Member

SMH... I hope overtime is in the budget because there is a LOT of stuff that still needs attention to make this even remotely successful.
  12. Kristabella Well-Known Member

As far as I can recall, you get one vote per Account. So, it would not matter if you had one your main on DT and an alt was moved to SH with the token. Even if they tabulated it separately, it would still be added together, since they will be merged with SH 2 days prior to EOF activation on the 7th.

I am on SH and I got a vote email and voted on all my toons for the hell of it, but I am sure only one counted.
  13. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I know that , but I got 2 accounts where I did not move any toons over to SH yet and I never even got any mail at all
    Say it as it is Daybreak say we only let Stormhold vote , because all you people still holding out on Deathtoll you should move over to SH if you want to have a say mind you its not that we force you or anything.
    Arielle Nightshade likes this.
  14. Glendora New Member

Hehe in about 6 months the TLS will be current then everyone will start crying again about not having anything to do. Love it
  15. Arandar Well-Known Member

So far, the trend has been that TLE fails the first vote, and passes the second. However, because of how the votes and unlocks are handled, it's typically been about 12 weeks between expansions actually getting unlocked. So, let's say that continues. We'll have EoF the first week of April. That means July for RoK and October for TSO.

In the end, it means we'd reach ToT by July, 2018. And, of course, by then, ToT will be 2 expansions behind. We'd actually catch up to the live servers around April, 2019. And, of course, that presumes that we continue the same pattern for unlocking the expansions for the next three years, which is highly unlikely.
    Feldon, DragonTayl and Adevil like this.
  16. DragonTayl Member

Not only is Kurzan's math right, but I expect the assumption very right as well. I am in no rush to see TLE "catch up" however there are expansions I've wanted to get to as - uh - smoothly as possible. This was one of them. I am going to guess EOF is going to be the first expansion that lasts through a three-month-wait (fails first three votes) before ROK gets voted up. I have been voting yes to most of the unlocks until now wanting enough content to keep variety and interest, and of course I can well imagine people are eager for the "Mythical Era". I personally plan to change my vote to "no" for most of the votes from here on out (probably only voting "yes" if ROK takes more than a year to unlock without me).

I would not be surprised if this gets more and more common. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if ROK takes as long to unlock as it did to be released originally, and I wouldn't be surprised to see TLE completely stall after TSO or DOV because the game mechanics started to break down after that.

Sorry to all the people who jump on this thread to complain that the votes are either:
    -- Too fast and the server will be completely ruined before they can enjoy the content so Daybreak is obviously cheating or fudging the vote
    or
    -- Too slow and the server will be completely ruined because of lack of content so Daybreak is obviously cheating or fudging the vote

but I'm not seeing anything at all convincing that the votes haven't been clearly by players (I am not on Deathtoll, people are reporting they did not get to vote, but I still do not believe that Daybreak is sending out votes and then ignoring the results and making unilateral decisions). Counting your own desires as clearly what the rest of the server wants is, well, clearly not correct. Calling the super-majority of the players on this server morons is also ridiculous.

What I know is that I left this game shortly after DoV because I couldn't get into the escalating numbers and inability for my high level characters to group with my lower level guildies without one-shotting all group content. I was gone for what, two years? TLE came out and I was curious. I rejoined and I have had a BLAST again. Are there problems? Sure. There were problems before too. But outside the release of new content the devs have added some adjustment or balancing tools that have really made the game match what I wanted: just the right level of challenge. Not so hard that it is painful to solo, not so easy that I check out because I'm bored or one-shotting everything for my friends.

I do hope the server slows down now. I do hope our Deathtoll buddies have fun here without PvP (sorry, I was never into PvP and think it is a doomed concept anyway - see my earlier posts - but I really do hope they come and have fun). The bottom line is that I'll either find it fun and stay or I'll decide I just don't fit in here and return to some of the other games I played instead.
  17. DragonTayl Member

Personally I'd like to see some mini-votes like City Festivals or Mushroom Events. Maybe holiday events. I wonder if enough of us would be okay with "semi-broken" in that we know we can't go to certain zones or finish certain quests, but we'd get "most" of Tinkerfest or Frostfell or whatever.
    Juraiya likes this.
  18. Arandar Well-Known Member

The snark in me says that we've been dealing with "semi-broken" for the past 8 months, so why not?
    Arielle Nightshade likes this.
  19. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

lol I mean there were things like portals in the game that lead nowhere quests you cant do because the zones are not there
    I think people are smart enough to understand they cant do some things because the current expansion does not include it
    so if we would get holiday events it would have to be understood that some of the quests go nowhere
    But frankly I don't think it will happen there are already enough people complaining about quests that cant be finished
  20. Rivenly Well-Known Member

Will we get Shard of Hate? Moonlight Enchantments? Griffons in Nek and TS? Curious minds want to know :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.