Norrathian Home Showcase: Shanette

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by suka, Mar 17, 2016.

1. suka Well-Known Member

Have you ever toured a house, or a group of houses, and thought "wow, just wow"? Shanette brings that out in people. Her houses are awesome with some nice eye candy and unusual surprises in her houses. From her Qeynosian Pub to her Hogwart Universe tour, she kept me in suspense and wonder.

Q: Do you have inspirations or themes for your homes? What are they?

A.) I do generally seem to work better when I have a theme or specific idea in mind. A lot of time inspiration comes from books, TV, or movies, for me.

Q: Can you also show us your unfinished homes?

A.) I do not currently have any unfinished homes in progress, I tend to start one and stick with it until it's done.

Q: Do you have a favorite item on display in one of your homes? What makes it so special to you?

A.) None comes to mind, but I'm dearly fond of anything Frostfell-related.

Q: What server do you currently play on? In your opinion, what makes your server unique?

A. Maj'Dul and I think what makes us unique is we seem to have a friendly, helpful, talented group of decorators which seems to grow by the day.

Q: Are you involved in a guild or a close group of in-game friends? Share the story of how you came to be involved with them!

A.) I do have a close-knit group of decorating friends on Maj'Dul (mainly Linlainu, Eryn, and Wizzam), as well as a few on other servers. Most of us have become friends over the years through several server merges and remain close. And some I have just become acquainted with through Homeshow or other decorating channels, and developed friendships over time.

Q: Do you have any decorating tips?

A.) Do what you like and take your time. A lot of the time Person B won't like the same things as Person A, so it's all about decorating to please yourself first. And patience is key, if you get frustrated with a certain project or detail, take a break from it and do something else for a while. And most of all, don't be afraid to ask for help! You'd be surprised how many helpful and friendly people there are out there to help someone with something!

Q: Are visitors welcome to your homes? How can other players find your homes in-game?

A.) Visitors are always welcome to look at my homes. If you can't find them on the leaderboards, I keep and maintain a home dedicated to all my finished homes and in-progress works, called my Showcase and Portal Hub. (And in homes owned by my alt characters, I always try to include a book or sign letting people know that I am the decorator.)

Q Any links where your pics are published?

A.) At the moment I have linked several homes to the forums only, and my Harry Potter Project to the FB groups. But I am working on screenshotting / consolidationg / organizing my works on Photobucket so people may eventually view them there.

~Spex / Shanette of Maj'Dul
    I am sending you 6 screenshots from 6 of my favorite houses that I've done. Let me know if you need more screenshots or anything else. ~Shanette /Spex

The first one is a look at Wonderland in my fairy tale home Happily Ever After. #276 Hall of Fame.
    [IMG]

The second one is a view of the entrance of the sanitarium I did called Shady Pines Asylum.
    #16 Hall of Fame.
    [IMG]

The third is a hotel / resort I did that I love, called Thunder Mountain Hotel. It is owned by my alt Khaleesie. This is a view of the suite that almost everyone who visits says is their favorite, The Rainbow Room.
    #169 Hall of Fame
    [IMG]

The fourth was partially inspired by the previous picture, it's my library home, called The Reading Rainbow. This is the view from the entrance. (The home is a complete reskin!)
    #129 Hall of Fame
    [IMG]

The fifth is the first entry into my ongoing "Places of Worship" series and is called The Hanging Gardens of Bertoxxulous. It is owned by my alt Bumbelle. This is the view from the entrance.
    #55 Hall of Fame
    [IMG]

The sixth home is my most recent completion, and is owned by my alt Oberynn. It is a beer garden themed home, called The Qeynosian Brewing Company. This is the view of the Bandstand.
    #56 Hall of Fame
    [IMG]
    more in reply
  2. suka Well-Known Member

Can we get some input about your Harry Potter houses and some pics please? Like tell us what inspired you to do them and which ones were the most fun and why. Was it difficult in some areas? Will you be doing more or is the series complete?

Shanette:
    My Harry Potter Experience Project has been my favorite project that I have been working on for over 4 years. As Harry Potter is one of my absolute favorite series, and things in life in general, I wanted to include as much detail as I possibly could, so the series ended up becoming 12 separate homes. Of the homes, Diagon Alley is my absolute favorite, and was the most fun to work on, filling out all the little shops and making the window displays was the most fun I've on just about any house I've ever worked on.
    Here is a few pictures from a few homes in the series.

Hogwarts Castle #13 Hall of Fame
    This is a view of the Great Hall, facing the House Tables, with the Teachers Table and Sorting Hat in the distance.
    [IMG]

Hogwarts Classrooms #86 Hall of Fame
    This is the view approaching the stairs to the Defense against the Dark Arts corridor.
    [IMG]

The Quidditch Pitch #87 Hall of Fame
    View of the Pitch and Scoreboard from above.
    [IMG]

Diagon Alley #69 Hall of Fame
    View outside Quality Quidditch Supplies, with a Firebolt displayed.
    [IMG]

Hogsmeade Village #62 Hall of Fame
    View of the Village leaving Honeydukes Sweets Shoppe.
    [IMG]

The Ministry of Magic #59 Hall of Fame
    Arriving at the Department of Mysteries via elevator.
    [IMG]

Number 12 Grimmauld Place #59 Hall of Fame
    This is a view of the kitchen from Kreachers hideyhole.
    [IMG]

Malfoy Manor #3 - Massive Homes
    View of the bar from the dining area.
    [IMG]

Not pictured here :
    Hogwarts Classrooms #86 HOF, Hogwarts Common Rooms #134 HOF, Hogwarts Grounds #135 HOF, Knockturn Alley #74 HOF, and St. Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries #16 Massive Homes.

Shanette was nominated by more than one person, but i only got answers from one on why they nominated her:

Nominated by Eryn

eryn

Q: What is it about (name) designs that inspired you to nominate her?
    Shanette always does amazing work in her homes with a lot of attention to detail. She only uses the in game editor to create her amazing designs.

Q: Do you have a favorite among (name) homes?
    Her Diagon Alley house that she did for her HP Series.

Q: Is there anything else you’d like to share about (name)?
    Shanette has become a dear friend to me and I admire her very much.

Q: Why do you think (name) should be featured?
    Her work really speaks for itself. Her series of homes about the Harry Potter Universe is amazing.
  3. Wizzam Well-Known Member

Shan's work always goes above and beyond, and she never skips things like most. (Like when I say I don't want to make a couch, so I just throw pillows on the floor for people to sit on! lol) She keeps at her ideas and doesn't back down. If you can think of something, no matter how impossible it would be to create in the game, Shan will find a way to do it! Out of the box thinking and amazing creativity!
    I didn't get a chance to nominate her before this, but I hands down would have. Besides being an incredible friend, Shan is an outstanding decorator! If you haven't toured her work, especially the Harry Potter homes, you really need to!
    Shan is one of my biggest inspirations!
    Ocarinah, suka, Spextasy and 2 others like this.
  4. Merriel Well-Known Member

Although I did not nominate Shanette, she is one of the MANY I would nominate, due to her amazing work. I really enjoyed the series of homes she and Linainu and Eryn decorated, swapping with one another. It looked like a really fun project, and if I had the time to do so, wouldn't mind swapping with others just to see what we all could come up with. Perhaps one of these days... :D
    Ocarinah, suka and Spextasy like this.
  5. Febrith Well-Known Member

That sounds like fun Merriel! And this spotlight on you Shanette really shows some lovely work, you already know I'm a big fan!
  6. Spextasy Well-Known Member

I am very flattered and honored that people took the time to nominate me. I'm just so very glad so many other people enjoy looking at my work as much I enjoy creating it. And I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the many people who help me with ideas and suggestions when I'm stuck on a project, or even supplying things I need. The friends I've made through decorating, and the decorating community as a whole never ceases to amaze me. You're all just the bestest ever! :)
    Thank you for showcasing me and some of my work!
    ~Spex / Shanette :D
    Ocarinah, Katz, Merriel and 1 other person like this.
  7. Eryn Well-Known Member

Shan sucks!

Just kidding! Shan is a great decorator and I hate her for that. But she's my friend so I love her too. Her houses are so detail oriented and amazing that you just want to smack her silly with how good they are! I'm blessed to have had her decorate a house for me because it is AMAZING!

/hugs Shan keep up the good work!
    Ocarinah, Merriel, Spextasy and 2 others like this.
  8. Spextasy Well-Known Member

Thankee Sai!
    /hugs #PeepSquad
    Ocarinah, Merriel and suka like this.
  9. Resia New Member

I have toured everything I can find on Shanette. Her work is inspiring and I wish I had her talent. She is a wonderful person from the times I have talked to her and I and just awestruck at her work everytime I go into one of her homes. I would love to have her teach me some things and I actually worked in Interior Design for a few years. I met Shanette after the Nights of the Dead contest and she blew me away with her entry. I am so pleased to see her on the showcase she always has my vote.
    Resia Brokendice
  10. suka Well-Known Member

we have our next two showcases now - skyfire and HOF - i will try to get both out next week and then will try to get someone on the TLE server and on splitpaw and the other servers to do spotlights on.
  11. suka Well-Known Member

kk i have to correct something i keep forgetting to do. Shanette is on Maj'dul Server.
  12. suka Well-Known Member

I am working on getting all of the showcases posted in facebook. But when I came to this one, I realized I had not done a review. So I went looking for what was so very special about Shanette and found I was in for some delightful surprises.

First was The Reading Rainbow. While I loved all of the stained glass, well everyone knows how much I look for little unnoticed details, what caught my eye was a bed- a huge bed.
    [IMG]

I loved every house I went to but with limited space, I will post a few things that impressed me most.

There was another house called Shanette and Co. Sky Mall. These pics are from there. Like this purple room
    [IMG]

some impressive buildings
    [IMG]

[IMG]

with impressive displays
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

And i loved Happily Ever After with the Fairy Tales

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

more on reply
  13. suka Well-Known Member

I was most impressed with Hogsmeade Village.

[IMG]

the beauty of it all and the uniqueness really hit me. I loved it. if you never visit any other or her houses, you owe it to yourself to visit this one.
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]

then often when looking at houses, something really stands out and hits you- yes Shanette, you really nailed this entrance to Moria
    [IMG]
  14. Spextasy Well-Known Member

Thanks Suka. I appreciate the time you took to go through them and look at stuff. =)
    Ocarinah, Prissetta and suka like this.
  15. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I am not sure I have toured many of the homes but I did tour The Hanging Gardens of Bertoxxulous. It was very lovely. So much color. Have added to my list of decorators to watch.
    Spextasy likes this.
  16. Tenchigirl15 Well-Known Member

very nice! I don't think I've ever visit her homes till now, gotta check these out. :D
    Spextasy likes this.
  17. kianne Well-Known Member

oooh wow :D was looking for something else and saw these hoow cool :D
    Spextasy likes this.
  18. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Do you happen to work in CONSTRUCTION in real life?? Cause your buildings and Architecture are AMAZING! (to say the least). I could never build something like that. I just isn't in my nature.
    Spextasy likes this.