[TLE] Deathtoll to Stormhold Transfers Open Weds, March 9 @ Noon PST

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Mar 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aricael Member

When I heard about TLE and KoS I immediately started to play Deathtoll server, unfortunately it was to late, the server was dead already.

I remembered EQ2 dated 2006-2007 years. It was really fun game even in PvP, we had a lot of fun on any levels. Until they broke all.

I cannot understand why DB ruins a lot? Even in TLE PVE, that is nasty! If they care not about PvP why they have opened PvP server?

I think it's all because they have no desire to balance PvP or perhaps they have no appropriate knowledge/skills in their team to do so.

So they lost some part of community and money for sure.
  2. Raenius Well-Known Member

There is no arena anymore, jfyi - has been patched out recently.
    Feldon likes this.
  3. Adevil Well-Known Member

Ah, Crossroads camping. That was annoying - would have been nice if at least the flightmaster were unkillable.
    Belenos likes this.
  4. Adevil Well-Known Member

Daybreak IS SoE. Same people, not one thing different except there are fewer of them.

The company you are thinking of purchased SoE from Sony and renamed it Daybreak. That company is Columbus Nova.
    Feldon likes this.
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I think enough is said I am just sad :(
    Cant we have our PvP server fixed and than re released later as new and improved so people don't run because of the pvp but all the other stuff that's broken.
    EQ1 went down and came back and there is even still a PvP server too.
    Why is this not working here
    People that don't know any better said this game is not meant for PvP I am sorry but its the perfect set up
    I have a feeling the problem is that we on Deathtoll wanted to be treaded different than Stormhold
    and Daybreak fired to many good programmers and the workload is just to great
    ringgirl_UFC likes this.
  6. rutro Well-Known Member

I know you do not want to believe me, but - even if the class balance and everything was perfect....PVPers would find a way to ruin it. It is the same old people that have been trying to ruin this game since it came out. People that have no life, and twink out a ranger so they can 1 shot newbs trying to harvest. Anyway, looks like sour cheese to me... What is funny- is it was the vets that got their buddies to gang any new players, so they could get their title. Then what happened - they sat at the bank in town....game over!!
    Feldon, Belenos, Kurisutaru and 2 others like this.
  7. Mowse Well-Known Member

So.. wondering. If we don't transfer a toon, the server remains still right? Or Not?
  8. Kristabella Well-Known Member

NO it will be gone, and merged with Stormhold.

"Deathtoll will be merged with the PvE Time-Locked Expansion server Stormhold. This is currently scheduled for Tuesday, April 5, 2016. If you haven’t chosen to transfer your character before this date, we’ll be moving characters that remain on Deathtoll to Stormhold on April 5. "
  9. Kristabella Well-Known Member

10. Torrin Member

So.. We can transfer now and lose your names (Some people do take the name of their character more seriously than others) to characters that in most cases haven't been touched since TLE started. Or wait another month and get a merger where the merger rules for names are used? And what are those rules?
    I seem to recall once upon a time a server merge compared a few different variables for characters with the same names. I have however found only 1 solid source for any information on exactly how names are handled. But it wasn't for a "server merge" per say but rather when servers were "consolidated" which where I found the information made it clear at the start there was a difference between the two.
    Variable 1) Have both characters logged in within the last 60 days?
    Variable 2) Which character has higher "played time"?

I know of people who are waiting for an answer about how names are going to be handled in the merge. They're not transferring their characters yet because for sure they will lose their names now. And they've been asking me how the merge will reconcile duplicate character names, to which I have no answer for them. If they wait 4 weeks for the merge will they be able to keep their names? Since all their characters are apparently more active and have a higher played time than the ones on the SH server.

For that matter I'd like to question why do a transfer at all if the plan is to do a merge? And why have a 4 week gap between the two? I mean you guys do realize your scheduled server merge is at the start of the next month? Same time EoF would be getting put in if the vote (hahaha) passes at the end of this month. Seems like a little much to put on one plate when instead 1-2 days could be spent like next week getting the merge done.

And yes I specifically quoted and replied to the first post made by Roshen, so that maybe someone with some answers to the above questions will respond. i.e. a response from a dev or "community manager" is what I'm after here.
    Siren and Ishtara like this.
  11. Mowse Well-Known Member

Yeah I see that now. Reading comprehension sucked at the time
  12. Efil New Member

Since the DT server is being forced to merge to a pve server(SH), can you please make it FTP and add BGs.Why should we have to pay for content we can play for free on any other pve server? Not fair for the pvpers in this game
    Ishtara likes this.
  13. Kuulei Well-Known Member

TLE server(s) require membership.
    PvP is no more as of April 5th.
    You have two options: Continue your membership to play PvE on the TLE server or cancel it. :(

It is hard to say when PvP truly died, but it has been dead for quite some time and TLE was just time-locked and not a progression server.
  14. Ishtara Well-Known Member

It would be nice if they at least allowed us to choose to transfer our characters to a live so that we could use the Battlegrounds and Warzone.
  15. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

That's a shame, but I suppose it makes sense. Not many people used it.
  16. Adevil Well-Known Member

The scheduling likely has a lot to do with all the other merges happening in the next month. Barren Sky and Harla Dar are being merged with Splitpaw on March 31, for example. It's not like the Stormhold/Deathtoll merge is happening in a vacuum here, it's just one of a whole batch of merges.
  17. Siren Well-Known Member

I would assume the free transfer tokens off DT are for those antsy for a higher population to play with that don't especially care about making new names for their characters.

I'd still like to know what the merger rules are going to be for keeping our names, though. Personally, I'm waiting for the merge, instead of guaranteeing I'll lose my names by transferring now.
    Ishtara likes this.
  18. butler New Member

A dev posted recently in game updates that "Don't worry Deathtoll. We haven't forgot about your pvp". (paraphrased)
  19. Vlahkmaak Active Member

I could not disagree more: PVP was a great addition to EQ2 - back in the day when there were hundreds of people in all three factions at all hours open world PVP/E was the greatest most addictive fantasy thrill around: Battlegrounds were a ridiculous conception that continued to kill off the open world. BGs are pvp-lite at best.
    Efil and ringgirl_UFC like this.
  20. Raff Well-Known Member

I have no problem with a pvp server. I'm just saying that I don't agree with the poster that said a pvp flagging system for the live servers was the way to go.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.