[TLE] Deathtoll to Stormhold Transfers Open Weds, March 9 @ Noon PST

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Mar 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raff Well-Known Member

I disagree...PvP has no place on EQ2 PvE servers. Battlegrounds..maybe. But not open world.
    Belenos, Kurisutaru and Kittybock like this.
  2. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Super cool! Glad I did not delete my toons on DT, with their goodies I'd purchased.
  3. Opasen New Member

EQ2 has best PvP game mechanics WW atm for group and solo playing but need to fix few things(reward drops from PvP) and make class balance as it was in old times, especialy in original RoK.
    It was thousands people playing PvP servers! And they rdy to pay money! But not for this **** like PvP part of the game atm. The prove of my words was population after launch TLE PvP, when it was 20-30 dupes of the same zones.
  4. Vunder Well-Known Member

Glad to see PVP going away.

PVE has been broken so many times over the years as they made changes to PVP. Sadly these threads probably won't stop with PVP arm chair warriors creating threads complaining more.
    Wirewhisker, Belenos and Raff like this.
  5. Mowse Well-Known Member

Juliet: "What's in a name? That which we call a rose
    By any other name would smell as sweet."
    Vlahkmaak and Schmetterling like this.
  6. Gharyn Well-Known Member

I'm just waiting til they merge TLE with Live and we get all the devs working together again on one continuity.
    zimzorz likes this.
  7. Raenius Well-Known Member

I never understood why they just didn`t introduce pvp-warfields on all servers.
    Just give those who want to pvp an ability to flag their chars and to do it optionally - so no damage done and everyone can pvp whenever ready to do so.

Creating whole servers for it is bogus.
    zimzorz, Prissetta and Amaitae like this.
  8. Malachy Well-Known Member

Can we get these questions answered please?
  9. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

Please no more waste of time and resources on PvP. We have had enough. I'm sure those several hundred of players who would like to play battlegrounds time to time, could perfectly do without them. I'm also sure that the majority of players did battlegrounds just for a pve-comparable gear and achievments, not because of love for pvp.

I'm glad that pvp is hopefully gone from the game.
    Luchsia likes this.
  10. Ishtara Well-Known Member

I personally played Battlegrounds because I enjoyed them, but what you are suggesting sounds extremely selfish. Maybe when a part of the game that you enjoy disappears you might understand how other people feel.
  11. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I personally hate PvP... but have often wondered why there wasn't a PvP checkbox on the character window options tab so that those who PvP could do so on any server... perhaps their names could show to others in a different color?
    zimzorz and HaphazardAllure like this.
  12. Graybeard New Member

I feel cheated and disappointed, this was not something I expected when I bought a full year's subscription.
  13. Siren Well-Known Member

I appreciate that Daybreak tried starting up another open PvP server when Nagafen went down, and the Isle was a completely awesome surprise.

It's too bad it's such a tiny team these days that they're so restricted in what they can accomplish. Gear and classes definitely had balance issues. However, all the exploiters and griefers (the ones camping crafters, as well as the 6-man-teams endlessly steamrolling lowbies 8 levels below them) were yet another foot in the grave, running everyone else off the server like usual.
    Belenos, Kuulei, RSWingman and 2 others like this.
  14. Ursa Minor Well-Known Member

Too many shenanigans from people trying to harass other people into flagging so they can get some PvP action. Saw it way too much in WoW, prime example being one faction wiping out an entire village in Barrens over and over again, quest NPCs, merchants, transport, all of it, just to try and drum up some PvP. Players hovering over your fishing bobber, trying to get you to accidentally click on them instead of the bobber and flag yourself. Thanks, but no.
    Belenos, Kurisutaru and Siren like this.
  15. Siren Well-Known Member

I'm reminded of can flippers preying on defenseless new miners in the newbie PvE zones in Eve Online. Same story, different day.
    Belenos and Kurisutaru like this.
  16. Moostafoo Active Member

There is no fun in pvp if it isnt balanced. It becomes Not Fun to just instantly die by an op scout class or a mage's op tank pet or when a PLATE TANK has mit equivalent to paper armor. The PVP was always garbage in this game.
    Belenos likes this.
  17. sain223 New Member

Day Break doesn't care about the pvp side of this game hell they barely care about pve anymore. All they care about how much money they milk out of the few of us that are still left playing the game. Day Break is part of an investment company that goes around buying up dying online games just to milk as much money out them before till they go belly up. I've been hard core fan of EverQuest sense day one back in 1999, but EQ1 an EQ2 days have been numbered the moment SOE sold them to Day Break. An honestly I don't care if what I'm saying upset people it's the truth regardless weather people want to believe it or not.
    zimzorz and Graybeard like this.
  18. Alarra Well-Known Member

Well, since they have decided to eliminate open PVP servers, could they apply some man hours to making Level Agnositc BG's.
    Where gear doesn't matter (static stat buff, no gear procs) and only skills, item usage, and AA's matter.
    Rewards being stuff for PVE that can only be acquired via BG's.

Mix it with the Cross-server Dungeon Finder and add the (PVP) Suffix to it.
  19. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

The only "opt-in" PvP system we had in place before PvP servers existed were dueling and arenas. Both of those were introduced after the game launched, and both of those are still available in the game today. They're just very underutilized. Having played on PvP servers in the past, I will also say that both of those are a far cry from actual PvP.
  20. Maergoth Well-Known Member

This is where I ask Gninja to humbly take notice of the fact that the PVP server did, in fact, die waaay before the PVE server. I don't need a response, just an internal acknowledgement.

This could have been avoided.

Fact is, in PVP.. players = content. Losing players means losing content, which means losing more players to boredom.. which means losing more players.. The player bleed is way more vicious than the PVE server, and snowballs quickly out of control. It's almost self evident.

This was the one solid shot at an EQ2 progression server, and the last hurrah for EQ2 PVP. Should have really opened the PVP server up to non-subscribers from the start.

Oh well.

Glad I didn't invest too heavily in the PVP experience.
    Xiao likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.