Members: Double Up on Bonuses Until March 2

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Like I say, /petition or go directly to the Help page, open a ticket, and keep visiting it until you get a response. :-/

Good luck! :)

Uwk
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Petition, petition, and petition, then petition some more...lather, rinse, repeat, pray... :-/

Good luck. :)

Uwk
    who really, really misses the phone number to call... X-P
    Prissetta likes this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, man, don't I wish...I'd love extra faction, especially with those chintzes at the tradeskill societies. I have no problems getting enough status for things like crafting stations for the home (or guild hall, especially if we're watching our girlish amenity status cost figures), but it's the bloody faction that keeps killing me! :-/

Well, not me, but my wrists, fingers, and hands aren't happy at all. :-/

When can we get a double faction event? :-/

Uwk
    who, nevertheless, is EXTREMELY JAZZED that this is happening during the week, as well! Well played, o Powers! :D
  4. Aivet Well-Known Member

I suspect a double faction event will be announced about 30 seconds after I get 50k Rime faction :D

But yeah, I'm definitely enjoying the double-stuff week. Means I can get the newsies done on a few chars without having to deal with the NSPCA asking pointed questions about savage entanglers.
  5. Bazinix Member

So nothing for free to plays yet again? no double exp for us not even for a 2% discount? daybreak fail once again.. I remember when free to plays even got something long ago.. and thats something that needs to comeback..
  6. Barbarosa_Rex Member

Question:
    Started weekend working tradeskill quests and was seeing the bonus xp on completion of quests.. started doing some adventure quests last night and did not see any bonus xp being noted in chat for quest turn in's,

Submitted to support and got back reply:
    "double experience bonus is not effecting adventure xp" ...

the promo is double xp on personal, aa and tradeskill.. what then is personal??
    Just asking, as I perhaps missed something somewhere - would not be the first time.. searched around to see if could find a definition to clear this up to no avail.. thx!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hey, at least you got a timely response (even if it was misspelled ["affecting" not "effecting"; bad support tech! No cookie!])... ;->

But yeah, that is weird. Maybe you get double as you kill something, but not when you turn in a quest? Unfortunate, but it could also be a way to limit how far anyone gets up the Power Leveling ladder, since quest turn-ins are where we really get the XP.

Poor wording, imho. :-/

Uwk
  8. Ahupu Well-Known Member

Ah the good old days, before they realized that their main source of income is not from the money that FTP spend in the marketplace. Rather that the ones who are willing to pay for membership are also the ones who are more likely to spend money in the marketplace. Thus an event meant to encourage players to subscribe being only for paid members makes perfect sense. I do recall when not paying meant you did not play, so I find that FTP is enough of a reward in its own right. I find complaints from people who are unwilling to pay akin to asking your neighbor to get a better internet connection as you sit on his lawn using his WiFi to play.
    Febrith, Nockturnal, Jaden and 3 others like this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

When you say locked...well, I won't ask any more leading questions, but I, too, bought an item and went for more DBG Cash to get some more stuff. Went through all the motions, didn't seem to be anything wrong with my card, they SAID I'd gotten another $10 worth of DBG, more than enough, but everything else said no, nothing happened. Didn't show on my Marketplace window, hasn't shown in my email in an automatic "thanks for helping us keep the lights on some more!" response like usual, and even my account page sits and laughs at me and ignores my most recent purchase. I have /petitioned, so we'll see what comes of it. :-/

Wish me luck... :-/

Uwk
    who, if it's found that someone else intercepted the cc info, will perpetrate truly awful things on those nefarious ones responsible...
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Has anyone been having any issues with it actually acknowledging the new, improved, discount price? Because I'd bought the two Rings (from Erollisi Day, but hey, they're still there) that Jerry DeChant had come out with in the Player Studio for each of my server Jewelers, all seven of them. The original price for each was 350 DBG; the 30% kicked it down to 240 each. How did I know that? Because the purchase window told me that as I was buying them, but the end result total (when I could get it to display) seemed to think it was full price somewhere in there...is there any way to see, either in-game, with a log, or in the account page, step-by-step purchases (basically, an itemized receipt)? :-/

I had something like 130 Station Cash (or DBG Cash, whatever) at the start of my ring shopping spree. I got two purchases of 2000 DBG, for an eventual grand total of 4130 DBG. I have 665 DBG remaining now, and all I'd bought were the 14 Rings...brief pause whilst I do dances with spreadsheets...hmm. Looking at the figures, I should have 770 DBG remaining, but I guess I won't open a ticket over basically a little over a buck. Consider it a tip, o Powers. ;->

Uwk
    Prissetta likes this.
  13. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

...so log in and play instead? xD
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

ROFL! ;->

Seriously, though, I generally hate tradeskill grinding; have always found it way easier to level up in adventuring. I only save my XP potions nowadays for tradeskilling. ;->

Uwk
    who probably defeats the purpose by getting "too many levels too fast"... X-P
  15. Nockturnal Well-Known Member

Whew, finally coming up for air. Thanks for the doubles :).
  16. Phyr Member

It was Great, Now i can sleep! Thanks so much!
  17. Shauwn Active Member

Thanks for this event!
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Amen! Didn't need to use a single XP potion! :D

Uwk
  19. Ahupu Well-Known Member

Well Uwk to prove a point the other day I wanted to see how long it took to get from 1-85 as a crafter. People were saying you could do it in a day, i contended it would be a couple of hours. I can admit I was wrong....it took 3 hours 22 minutes. No XP potions just the Hammer of Adept Hands AND the two free Vitality potions that you get as part of the "Welcome Home Potion Pack". Or to put it in other words, I find tradeskill grinding so much easier than adventure leveling. I sent you that PM with my toons'names, and Unathia is only on the list because he was that experiment heh.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh! I have to admit, I'm impressed! :D

But I don't think my carpal tunnel could handle 3 hours+; would probably take me about a day. ;->

My poor Provies, especially; it's not their fault I have issues with the Powers who dictate, "Thou shalt only produce 1-2 items when everyone else nowadays can kick out 25-100, minimum. To allow thee to produce 2-4 items wouldst bring the Broker crashing down to flaming ruin, even more so than giving the True People 500 plat per Small Bag of Coins." Thank Whoever for rare material Provie recipes these days, where we can kick out up to 50 at a time (about freakin' time!). :-/

My Carpies, now...I deliberately cranked up my Public Test folks to at least level 80 crafting for the sake of the Earring of the Solstice and that Cloak thing, because I play at odd hours for the rest of my guildies (I recently kicked the Test alts up to 85 for the sake of flying...I hope I can do it at 85, and they don't need to be 86 for that quest? Oh well, if even so, I have all those Elemental Discs from that veteran reward that I can fly now). After that, it only took one major decorating contest (love and curses, Niboota! :D) to kick my Test Carpy from 80 to 100, out of sheer necessity. Plus, Test is awesome because we can BUY the Advanced books, like any other recipe book, which helps, I think. :)

I should go delving back in for that on all my servers, though; my adventurers are in holding patterns because they can't get their stuff "off the rack" from my crafters yet until I kick the crafting levels up. :-/

Uwk
    proud "parent" of 70 alts who aren't maxxed out yet (my Test Carpy and Uwk are) ;->