EU Server Consolidation FAQ

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Mar 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leskatio New Member

Keep cool guys.

This post is for questions and answers regarding the server consolidation.
    Which also seems to be the perfect place to talk about our hopes and fears for this consolidation.

If nobody complains about the consolidation daybreak would have done right consolidating them.
    The more people give their positive or negative feedback on the consolidation the higher is the chance anybody cares about this thread.
    We might not be able change daybreak's mind about the consolidation but at least we should try to do so, if we are not happy with it so maybe they take our opinion into their considerations.

If you are not happy with this consolidation you might think of just cancelling your account yet, like I did. Most people have longer lasting subscriptions which will last longer than April. So after the consolidation we can check wether we can live with it or stop playing. But this way, we can show our dissatisfaction now, so they see, how many people will cancel their accounts because of the consolidation maybe.

BUT, as far as I can see, you have to speak English to Cancel your subscription :)
  2. Zirazai New Member

Da hast du wirklich nicht unrecht. Ein wenig Off Topic aber die Wahrheit.
    Ingerimm likes this.
  3. Brax Active Member

Blau ist keine Farbe sondern ein Zustand ;)

Sad but true. Didn't do one PuG in the last two years.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Ingerimm like this.
  4. Tomshindo Active Member

By they way, what happens to the artifact items?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Ansom like this.
  5. qwe456 New Member

Hello. At once I ask to forgive for my English, I don't speak English therefore for me it will make google translate.i there can be I will duplicate my post 2 times, different translators. I want that I was understood most correctly. Have told 10 pages and is similar I 2 here who plays on the Russian servers. A put ago I have heard this news, and have directly sat down on a chair, still and I sit.
    The majority will understand me, it is more than game. To Everkvest 2 in Russian 10 years. And it is 1/3 my lives. I have come to her when to me it was bad here, and there we were on friendly terms fell in love, were at war, swore, Someone has found the soulmate there, someone had had children and who here any more aren't present. And the best memoirs of that period are connected with this game. And now there is also not no who any more here who remembers me, and will tell me * hi how are you *?
    When you in the chat see flourishes or squares don't swear strongly, the euroserver even doesn't support our alphabet, (I have checked today having created new акк on EU) 11-12 summer prescription is necessary by an old method to edit the ini files that 2 clients could communicate in a chat, and to watch all others at it in a chat =). (I am not sure). And meanwhile in September 10 years of the Russian localization will be executed. (Then still the Chinese f2p mmo have even not come to us, and before there were several average mmo. And here this diamond has begun to sparkle.) Localization which has set the quality standard of the translation of mmorpg. Well we have 100%. Though there was one competitor and you know him. I won't write there is nothing, I don't want that my post was removed in connection with rules of a forum.
    And this all our Russian localization is thrown out as unnecessary garbage.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  6. qwe456 New Member

Many played a quest * here Translate the description of blow of the paladin? * And as to play him knowing that it lies in that trash can, this and many other things.
    Why you us don't love Daybreak/SOE?
    Know I most of all I loved in the game pve of a line of quests Prismatic, Peacock Club in Majdul, Odysseus shadows, Qeynos Claymore. Big rulers which often came to an end in raids h2 or h4. Long, sometimes till some weeks I did them. Sea of impressions and emotions. Likely business in the spirit of adventures. I played all projects localized at us online, and quests are everywhere, and here adventures as that couldn't be met. Also I played PVE only on the PVP server. Sea of impressions and memoirs.
    In The Thundering Steppes there were towers of griffins for a fast peredvideniye, people on them sat down flew and by a radar looked for people and then to jump on the head. And at our forum the administration is a violation of game rules, so it is impossible to do, once again and Bang to all.
    Or on pier of Majdul sand. On pier raid of Freeport sits, On rocks over her raid of Qeynos, and you under rocks between them dig stones with the BIG tag of the purpose on a back. One of classes has a fan has sung will turn into a bear. And when the bear sits down he an *** just the flight rug on this pier closed completely. You arrived there passed to a rug and there a bear and you let's it look for in textures, and the timer of an imun ticks and the person 5 heatedly predvkushayushche stare at you. 20-15-10 oops!, and at a forum shout of administration; violation!!!! bana!!! =)
  7. qwe456 New Member

8. qwe456 New Member

kilong Plains. When that main PVP zone. To Pokvestit there it as to get a Medal of Hero. And in some time it was better not to appear there at all. And the top of a profesianalizm was to reach mail to send money to a viola for quests haven't killed yet. At one time there even expression went - contused in kilong. It just about this PVP. How it is possible to play PVE on PVE? It is so boring.
    For some reason I haven't seen not one line that 30.03 close the last original PVP Harla Dar server. (I don't remember whether there is on America PVP. I don't consider PVP lte.)
    If you appear in the pusena cry out that нитбудь in a chat. If the echo is the answer to you, I congratulate you on boredom Harla Dar.Co even from here mice and cockroaches on Barren Sky PVE have run away. The general population for the summer/fall 2015 30 people, 60 in the evenings. They would run away further, but what it is impossible to do at us the closed reservation with soy the database and the 2 servers from which where the thread still will switch. When that long ago, any more I don't remember when SOE have entered in one of Battlegrounds.Nu addn as have entered, as always at all, and we aren't considered. The administration fed people with breakfasts. Month, two. Then I have ceased to feed, and then and we at a forum have ceased to ask questions of them. Though money paid as all Europe. The add-on that paid was. In a year have suddenly included. And I have already left again game and when Battlegrounds has again returned were, and here people to play on them..... So I there to not time have also not played. It is impossible so treats the subscribers. We still have no Krono. And I don't even want to look what date the subject about him at a forum is dated. Paid transfer between servers, as always - at first told transfer between a pva and пвп it is impossible, then that we do - have made.
    All who I wanted it or have already already left game or on Barren Sky on 6 persrnazha swing, I won't even write about terms. And all is pleasure you know at what price.
    Daybreak/SOE to me is very interesting to see your business model according to medium-term / long-term plans of eq2. It seems to me that you or didn't think of them or the plan to make of game 2 of the EU server on which nostalgic players could play a little. As EQ1. And your competitors for yesterday of 25 Russians have 35 German 35 French and more than 50 English servers.
    I have nothing to tell.
  9. qwe456 New Member

10. qwe456 New Member

In far 2006 Russian ZBT EQ2 came to an end with grandiose fight of 2 dragons. Welcome to the fairy tale. When the fairy tale has ended in 2016 it has turned out that in 3 weeks prior to her end we can buy EverQuest II: Terrors of Thalumbra - Standard Edition - 1199 rub at a discount 33.35%. We have the last sale.
    Daybreak/SOE why is a shame to me with you?
    Still a gender of us was written a year ago about an objedenenniya of Harla Dar and Barren Sky to Barren Sky. I waited for this moment too hoping to see the characters with Harla Dar and hoped to try once again will be fixed in game if it turns out. And still our administration wrote about possible rus tle the server. And we looked forward with hope.
    Vessels on the fact that now we will be able to pay for game only in the credit cards viza (which all have not) and PayPal. (which we don't have, we have payment service providers.) and also the fact that Daybreak/SOE has refused to accept our 10th summer localization of game the Russian servers and all their population it is already dead, there were technical questions. Singles will leave earlier, raids later, raid is close friends, they have to support each other, and who will come to our place = any more (

When we come here, the first that we have it memory, it will be the last that will warm us on the way to great anything.

Pokrayne to a measure I was.

Thank you that you have waited my post up to the end, itself didn't expect that it will be such big.
    As the translator is a nightmare, write in a subject I will rewrite a text chat other translator, he can it will be better.
    Jaden and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  11. qwe456 New Member

To a regret has made 2 excess posts, prompt where here the button to remove the post?
    At some forums there is a restriction for quantity of symbols in a post therefore I have broken the message into 4 parts.
  12. Orjolares New Member

Спасибо qwe456 для принимать время перевести ваше сообщение на английскомязыке. :)
    Я очень ценю ваше мнение с зрения русской общины.
    (Я использовать Бинг перевести это, поэтому пожалуйста, простите любые ошибки.)

In consent to many other posts it is somewhat obvious that there will be no satisfactory solution for the non-english-speaking community. Daybreak is not able respective not interested to care about the non-us community (I am not even sure if this applies to the us customers too.)

Game development nowdays needs man-years of work translating to millions of dollars (euro, rubels, money...) – especially concerning "big projects" like MMOs. So I may blind-sighted for "financial management" decision but I can not really understand why the well established multi-language brand EQ2 is decided to let go in favour of new projects which are not sure to hit a break-even point.

You can not simply buy loyality of new players but – as we see again – lose it on an established community quite comprehensively.

Sadly, I believe if this game EQ2 (only with one thenth of its actual content) would be announced nowdays, the reaction of interested players (lots of them) would be (the often seen in Kickstarter projects) "Shut up, and take my money already!"

Thanks for your Time.
    -------------------
    In Linie mit vielen anderen Beiträgen hier ist es relativ offensichtlich, dass es keine befriedigende Lösung für die nicht-englischsprachige Spielergemeinschaft geben wird. Daybreak ist nicht in der Lage bzw. nicht interessiert, diese für die nicht US-Spielergruppe zu liefern. (Ich bin nicht einmal sicher, ob dies auch auf die US-Kunden zutrifft.)

Die Spieleentwicklung erfordert heutzutage Mann-Jahre an Arbeit was sich in Millionen Dollar (Euro, Rubel, Geld...) übersetzt – speziell wenn es um "Großprojekte" wie MMOs geht. Möglicherweise bin ich "blind" für Entscheidungen, welche "finanzielles Management" betreffen, aber ich kann nicht verstehen, warum die gut etablierte mehrsprachige Marke EQ2 fallengelassen wird für neue Projekte, bei denen das Erreichen einer Kostendeckung nicht sicher ist.

Man kann die Loyalität neuer Spieler nicht einfach kaufen, aber – wie man wieder sieht – in einer vorhandenen Spielergemeinschaft umfassend verspielen.

Traurigerweise würde, so glaube ich, wenn dieses Spiel EQ2 heute (mit nur einem Zehntel seines aktuellen Inhalts) angekündigt würde, die Reaktion (vieler vieler) interessierter Spieler (wie man es bei Kickstarter Projekten oft sehen kann) sein: "Haltet die Klappe und nehmt endlich mein Geld!"

Danke für Ihre Zeit.

Orjolares
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Ingerimm like this.
  13. Feldon Well-Known Member

Here is my understanding. It may be incorrect and will probably be deleted.

• 10 years of translation text in French, German, Russian, and Japanese for 12,500 quests, npcs, etc. are being deleted.
    • The ability to use French, German, Russian, or Japanese characters in guild or character names is being removed, even though we can right-click a person's name and invite, etc.
    • People who haven't the foggiest clue what's going on have weighed in with "I understand English. Shouldn't everyone else just learn it?"
    I lived in Denmark for two years. I visited Germany and France many times. English is not widely taught. This seems a blunt solution.
    Jaden, Armageddoux, Beee and 4 others like this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Waitaminute...deleted?? Why?? Isn't the magic Cloud enough to store the world's knowledge on, isn't there some lowly server, hard drive, something somewhere that could hold all that (why, even Login Server #1!)? That's insane! :mad:

With all due respect, Feldon, I hope you're wrong. :(

Uwk
    Jaden likes this.
  15. Zacatl Coatl New Member

The only solution is the possbility to copy/paste fulls texts from the text files in a wiki for every language. I'm not at home now and can't test the thing myself. But it seems possible ?

La seule solution serait de copier/coller la totalité des textes et conversations dans un wiki pour chaque language. Je ne suis pas chez moi en ce moment et je ne peux pas vérifier, mais cela semble faisable ?
  16. Ansom Active Member

Well, why not put all the translation public.. Not sure if is possible, build a alternative UI with other language integrated. Even if will not replace the eng part, but add a little windows with the text in Fr/De/Ru/Jp.
  17. ugloopni Active Member

Seems pretty extreme!
  18. Maachilie Member

realy ?
    why , after doing this, they kick-*** their PAYING Community ?
    WE ALL payed our Money for playing this game.
    If we go, who wana pay ?
    For me it lookes like the want to play on that server alone...
    It was not only ONE wrong decision that killed our community,
    there where hundreds of wrong decisions..
    one idiot thing after another....
    Gamers dont come to a game send by from heaven, if you want them,
    you have to care about public advertinsing and so in...
    in germany they dont do this for 10 Years.... !!!
    They do ABSOLUTLY NOTHING to look for new players..
    Nowbody knows this game unless you find it RANDOM by searching for another games at google..
    Unbeliveble that a multinational company like Sony/SOE/Daybreak is so much irresponsible with their own Money.

I payed MUCH money for a GERMAN speaking game with
    german support,
    german telefon support ,
    german FORUM ect..

Why?
    It was my decision !

where it has remained now ?
    Do i get my money back now ?

I dont pay for a thing i dont want to have !
  19. Feldon Well-Known Member

Even if all future content was English only, I would try to keep the existing material. If a method presents itself, I will save it.
    Jaden, Beee, qwe456 and 1 other person like this.
  20. mysas21 New Member

there was Pro7 advertising , and really cheap made one, but still the reason i startet playing.
    There where also the heroic chars and other marketing(flops?)
    It didnt worked out as planned. The market is giant, with newer graphic, bigger playerbases and even f2play games who offer more then abogames nowadays.( btw, the game wasn´t always f2play, so i guess there are a lot more years of trying with other opportunities.)
    So how do you immagine an advertise for a charming but also old game is even a possibility for a company when it failed before.
    DB won´t make the same mistakes only because we dream of a comeback of our loved game. They just try to get the best out of whats left, and even if they make a lot mistakes, would it be better if SOE instead of selling had just shut everything down?

I have no idea of what happens there behind the curtains, but i know for sure that this game is only alive for the loyal playerbase still left. Even if it would be great to see a new blossom of the game , that won´t happen. The game has lost his constant and reliable progress, 100 new ideas in a few years and most of them to target a group of players that dont exist.
    The game is complex, and thats the reason we like it. But this also discourages new players. I dont want a simple and reduced "fastfood game" only to fit in the market. And i think DB knows that the future of the game is not a bigger playerbase, but to keep a level of challenge for us.

Just to clarify my point: Even if i dont get the forced change to "only english" (i think there should at least be the possibility to keep the already translated parts and surfaces in the game) , whats the point of targeting the only solution left to keep the game alive in europe?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.