Krono Cost on the Rise

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ZUES, May 19, 2015.

1. d1anaw Well-Known Member

No one is entitled to an in-game broker that has a limitless supply of Krono at easily affordable prices. Krono is a luxury, not a privilege. While I in no way condone 3rd party RMT, there is a major disconnect with people who think their game play is being negatively impacted by the price point of Krono on EQ2's brokers. If you can't afford to pay a sub with a credit card, fork out the plat to buy Krono in the game. If you can't afford either the sub or krono, you can still continue to enjoy EQ2 by using the very generous FTP model.

What DBG actually cares about, is Krono's being purchased from the DBG store (where DBG gets actual $$$). If Krono's are going for a high plat price in EQ2, there is more incentive for people to buy Krono from the DBG store. So when people who are paying DBG nothing (or very little) come to the forums to complain about the in-game broker price of Krono being too high, DBG will not care.

Ahh the voice of reason. As someone who knows nothing about kronos as I use real money to pay for my subscription, nevertheless, what I do see here is yet another symptom of the entitlement mentality.
    Wurm and claudia6913 like this.
  2. semisus Does not play this game

the problem i see is the hyper inflation of the price , it started out on broker at 700pp now its 120k pp
    in eq1 , it started out at 300k , now its 1 million but have not moved in price in like 2 years
  3. The-Plethora Active Member

Inflation is out of control with plat hacks and people able to buy kronos and take control of large parts of the market.

On Antonia Bayle a few months back a sapphire bixbite would cost about 2plat 50 gold and an osmium cluster would be about 8 plat.
    Now? Sapphire Bixbite is 440p each and osmium clusters are over 1000.
  4. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

That could also be the fact that everybody has moved onto the new tier, so very few people harvest AoM any more, or salvage AoM gear.
  5. The-Plethora Active Member

All in the last month this far into the expansion?
  6. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Sounds more like someone is just playing with the ab market then. Would be very easy to go get some bixbite/osmium in AoM and lower prices again. That doesn't sound like inflation, more likely someone trying to monopolise a market they think is worthwhile (bixbite/osmium are expert rares iirc? So will be good return).
  7. Rainmare Well-Known Member

they are as high as they are, because that's how people afford 60kp Lacerators after not seeing one in 55+ runs of the zone. that's how they afford drops going for 30-70k for Master's Chosen if they can't do the zone. that's how they afford the 200k+ relic class cloaks. 10k cyan adorns. the list goes on. I can try and farm for months hoping I see a drop/get the plat together...or buy a couple Kronos and sell them for 20k each.

the most recent plat exploit put huge amounts of plat into the system again...and prices are rising to reflect that.
    Malleria likes this.
  8. Wurm Well-Known Member

Now that I agree with 100 percent.
  9. Healious Active Member

Looks like the price of Krono has been in decline for about a week now. Plenty under 100k. On Maj'dul anyway.
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

What's almost certainly happening is that people from servers where krono are expensive are transferring toons to other servers where krono is less expensive. They buy cheap, then (krono being account-wide) sell high on the first server.

In theory, if enough people are doing this, eventually krono prices will stabilize between the various servers.
  11. Elostirion Well-Known Member

Yes and no. Once the entry barriers are overcome (everyone who wants in the markets has a toon on every server they want), the Krono price will come closer to equal across the various servers. However each server will have different plat production statistics, and these should still influence Krono price to be different between servers. i.e. a server with 2000 characters and an aggregate production of 1 million plat per day should support higher Krono prices than a server with 200 characters and an aggregate production of 100k plat per day. Krono should by this means still flow from servers with lower plat production to ones with higher plat production, and with similar (but not equal) prices on each server, the low-production servers should see fewer Krono at similar (not the same) prices (representing a greater fraction of wealth per transaction), and fewer transactions.

Since the plat stays native to each server, arbitrage potential should only be extant relative to the marginal cost of moving plat over time via more transferring. Any additional "eventually" would be overshadowed by further external shocks such as expansions, changes in population, and servers going dark.
    Jaden likes this.
  12. Avirodar Well-Known Member

Have to go to the end of the 2nd page of the broker on MajDul to see a Krono at 100k.

If anything, there should be a "Krono prices on the slump" thread.
  13. Avithax Well-Known Member

I'm hearing about a lot of players rebuilding after the recent bans bragging about having stashed away hundreds of Krono on alt acccounts, the recent 40% drop in Krono value adds credibility to their claims.

The real kick in the teeth is that these people coming back on new accounts are the ones who stand to benefit the most from this recent gear change. They have all the coin they need to buy SLR now and will drive prices up for the honest players who are stuck re gearing.
    Meneltel likes this.
  14. Wurm Well-Known Member

Yep the prices are indeed falling. Which is a good sign if you actually buy them to use to play the game.
    Mermut likes this.
  15. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

What would be highly amusing is if DBG had already tracked all these accounts, waited till they sold their Kronos cheap for plat and then drundered them. That would be quite a spectacle to see.
  16. Maldek Active Member

Hate to admit, but I think the recent gear changes helped rid the economy of a lot of excess plat. Since every high end player needed to dump 800k into their toons for a new full set of infused gear, that's a lot of plat gone. Krono on Maj is back to ~60k, which is about the same as before the Adorn Reclaim fiasco
  17. Drunder Prisoner 42 New Member

Don't know about the adorn reclaim deal. I had 20k on my account and traded with the exploit merchant to see what they were talking about. The next day I got kicked to Drunder. 12 years playing, 8 100 toons, pay month to month,. I never bought a Krono. Offered Daybreak my apologizes and to let them have all my plat and they told me to pound sand. I never sold Kronos, never had over 20k plat, and I'm certainly not like characters that have 20+ Kronos for sale. Characters with millions of plat are still out there and common sense tells you how they got it. The same characters that hit the exploit since ToT was launched just passed it around to other accounts. It cost them $30 for the expansion and they make a crap account to exploit and saved all those monthly membership fees. In return they get to multi box to there hearts content for free. I'm a social player, never raided, small group of RLFs and family mostly on Skyfire. So I'll just free play now and just say it's a game. If they really cared about it then I'm sure I would be telling you a different story and it would be all fixed.
  18. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Sorry you got drunderized but that's the price you pay for cheating, however, you not buying an account and playing for free is the price they pay for not accepting you back. Two way street. Since I don't have access to their records of your accounts, I cant say whose story is more correct. Can just say "Good luck and I hope you have fun". This game is VERY generous to F2P accounts so at least you aren't missing TOO much.
  19. Regolas Well-Known Member

I'm sorry but if that was your first offence and you got drundered, then you must have gone hard at it.

I know personally people that did a couple of runs (6x48 slot bags), gained about 6kpp before getting bored of clicking, had clean accounts and just got a 3 day suspension. Didn't even loose any of the plat either.
  20. wazul Active Member

too much krono, less buyers, price falling.
    and in few week (or month) less krono, price climb.

if you not want loss pp, it's like irl economy. you must be patient, and not sell when price to bellow, but you need buy. and you need to sell when price hight. but hard to be patient when you see each day seems like year 1929 :) but patient is a key !

when (few week before) i said "price will falling a day" nobody believe me )
    now i say, at some point, buyers will return , and more buyers = krono cost on the rise again.