EU Server Consolidation FAQ

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Mar 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amaitae Active Member

Textual types in the database might need character set conversion. Every piece that touches this textual data needs to be compatible with this charset (string functions, transcoding).
    And there are design decisions agreed upon when the server was written which did not mean for multiple language to coexist during server runtime. Any server piece relying on the design decisions needs to be re-engineered and the changed accordingly. That would be the difficulty. A person who has access to the server sources can tell you what exactly has to be changed.

There is barely need for changes on clients since these already use the current language files and they can request the desired language to use like the do now by configuration file variable.
    chattie and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Alarra Well-Known Member

English Follows, French, German, and Russian Users, may want to read.

ちょっと検証を行ったところでUSサーバで以下のことが分かりました。
    ・日本語メニュー・UI使える
    ・クエスト説明と名前は英語ですがUI自体は日本語です。
    ・チャットはIME利用可能、テクストの表示は正しく表示されます。
    ・ヘルプファイルは正しく表示されません。

明確な手順ではないんですが、方法としては以下のようです。
    1.LP(EQ2ログイン画面)を起動して
    2.詳細のアイコンをクリックして、Select Game Version、 US Englishを選択して「Apply」をクリック
    3.インストールフォルダーを開いて「eq2.ini」を編集して以下の行を追加してください。

#Add Japanese Language Support
    client_ime_enabled true
    cl_language Japanese

4.保存してゲームを起動してください。

I have done some testing, I can have the Japanese UI and can use the IME on US server,

In order to enable it, you need to add the following to your eq2.ini in your eq2 folder. It will probably be something similar for french and german etc. For other languages you will need to change the cl_language, and you may not need the client_ime command.

If you are using the English client and want to see Foreign Characters, Uncheck the Smooth Fonts from the User Interface -> Game Windows.

client_ime_enabled true
    cl_language Japanese

This is on Halls of Fate Server (US)
    [IMG]
  3. Zirazai New Member

Na dann ..... auch ich Spiele seit der allerersten nutzbaren Beta, seitdem mit einer pause
    von ca 2 Monaten.

Ich sehe keinerlei vorteil darin die Server so zusammenzulegen, zumindest keinen für die
    Spieler auf Valor oder den anderen EU Servern.

Ich habe mir in der Vergangenheit oft gewünscht das wir selber entscheiden können ob wir
    einen Deutschen oder einen Englischen Client nutzen möchten, allerdings auf unserem
    Server Valor, mit dem was Ihr macht vernichtet ihr die noch letzten bestehenden Gilden
    und andere Gemeinschaften.

Unabhängig davon war die Deutsche Übersetzung oft so dermaßen grausam das
    Beschreibungen nicht einmal annähernd einen sinn ergeben haben, darum auch mein Wunsch den Client auf Englisch nutzen zu können (aber auf Valor - Wahlweise Deutsch oder eben Englisch, mit meinen Freunden und der Gilde der ich angehöre).

Seit Monaten können wir auf Valor kaum spielen (Raiden), primär bedingt durch unspielbare
    Zonen.

Wir mussten uns um hergestellte Ausrüstung zu experimentieren eine völlig leere Wohnung
    zulegen, selbst dort war das experimentieren nur sehr früh morgens brauchbar....

Wie dem auch sei, ich denke diese Aktion wird viele treue Zahlende Spieler kosten.

Vermutlich wären Problemlösungen oder eventuell neue Server die bessere Wahl.

------------------

I also play since the very first usable beta, since then with a pause
    of approximately 2 months.

I do not see any benefit in the planned EU server meges, at least not for the
    players on Valor or the other EU servers.

I have in the past often wished that we can decide whether we use
    an german or an english client, but on our server Valor, the planned merges feels like destroying the last still existing guilds and other communities.

Regardless of the German translation was often so so bad and faulty that descriptions not nearly have a sense.

Therefore it was my wish that the client is able to use English (but on Valor - either in German or English, with my friends and my Guild).

For months now, we can't play or Raid on Valor, primarily as a result of the unbelivable lag's.

To Experiment crafted Equipment we had to get a empty apartment,
    even there it was a random Game to get the Item experimented.

I think this "Server Cosolidation" will cost more than it can give ....

Probably, problem solutions (like fixing the Lag's new server is the better choice.
  4. Alarra Well-Known Member

I think Daybreak should add those options to the eq2_default.ini if you change your language on your Launcher screen. It doesn't seem like such a big fix.
    The main thing is that this will not fix is NPC's and quest data comes from the server, so that data is not in the native language as you will see in the image above.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Sylunee Guide

Q: What will happen to members of the guideprogramm of the affected servers?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Vuurvink like this.
  6. Elmure New Member

Для русскоговорящих камрадов объясню некоторые моменты, может кто меня помнит, на БС-е был ник Эльмур с 2007. Таки, не получится воткнуть русский интерфейс и переводы - это точно, т.к. с 2013 я играю временами на Антонии Бейл, и пробовал уже все, что можно. Работать не будет. Далее по статусам, как я понимаю, у Акеллы сейчас есть бронзовый-серебряный и золотой статусы, судя по вопросу с форума русскоязычного. Тут такого давно нет. Есть фри и есть алл-аксес. В принципе, фри играбелен, но есть одно большое но, маркетом вы пользоваться сможете только на покупку, ничего продавать, как это было на серебряном статусе, вы не сможете, т.е. рынок фактически для вас будет закрыт.

По поводу информации, все аддоны рассчитаны на 2 крупных англоязычных вики-сайта, поэтому квесты приниси-отдай, затруднений не вызовут, но атмосфера определенно теряется. Из положительного - людей в прайм-тайм действительно много, примерно как было у нас до ввода гильдийных замков, в которых осел весь народ, и игра опустела визуально. По оплате - вы будете заносить кучу денег, курс доллара видели все, я надеюсь. Поэтому в рублях это будет аналогично ~1200 в месяц (причем русский пейпел почему-то не принимает, только карты, оплаты в рублях нет), а аддоны соотв. будут доходить, в эксклюзивных вариантах до 6-7к рублей. По поводу загрузки серверов - пустыми тут надолго не оставляют, за последние года полтора объединили все, что можно, со всем, чем можно.

На русском тоже не получится писать, только копировать сначала в блокнот, а из блокнота обратно в игру. Budem pisat' na translite. Вот такие вот дела.
    Sala93 and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  7. Bastilla New Member

For me the most importent question... There will be new server hardware ??

The valor server comes with 9 raidcoms / raid guilds not clear how it is to work with more than 30?
  8. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

You have been asking for a long time for merges, it is here and now you balk. I understand it is most likely one loud side against the grumbling one, but this is the decision made. English as the base was chosen as the company itself uses English as a language.

Several people have provided suggestions to continue to see your preferred scripts, perhaps a UI modder can come up with a way assist that for those that are not fond of mucking about in the files? Also, while the NPCs will all start spouting English, that does not stop you from speaking what you wish to each other.

Overall, though, I sympathize with the angst, anger and confusion that will occur with the Euro merges, and with Sebilis into AB.

Good luck.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Raff and Spindle like this.
  9. Jannish Member

And many Players will made their decision and stopp playing such a poor supportet Game.
    No one will pay for a Game ,where he/she understand 50% of the Game.
    I understand the financial aspect behind this decision.
    Whats about the financial aspect when Players stopp playing and paying???
    Jaden and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  10. Raff Well-Known Member

Its unfortunate, but I can guarantee you Daybreak has calculated the possible loss of accounts due to the mergers against the cost savings of not having to run servers with low populations.

Adapt or hit the road...that is your only choice now.
  11. Raff Well-Known Member

I have many friends who play asian games all the time...and don't speak a word of korean?
  12. Hadrian New Member

Managers at Daybreak have to be intensely aware that merging Valor into Splitpaw is *NOT* going to work. Income from Germany will dramatically decline.

Basically, what you're doing is this: You're shutting down Valor. You're abandoning your German player base. At the same time, you're offering a free transfer to a few hardcore EQ2 veterans who may continue playing their favorite game on an English server.

Error and his friends on Splitpaw will certainly appreciate the influx of German raiders, as these are excellent players with a lot of expertise, but make no mistake: These are only a small minority.

The vast majority of German players will simply quit. Everybody who is even remotely familiar with German economics knows that it is impossible to motivate German players to play a game with an English interface.

For example, Germans do not watch English television either. None of the major German television networks (including Pro Sieben) offers English audio. Everything is dubbed in Germany. That is how it is done in Germany.

American developers have to understand that, for many German players, German is already the second language, as their first language is Polish, Turkish or Russian. Playing in English is not going to happen.

It is absolutely clear that merging Valor into Splitpaw is not going to work. So why is Daybreak doing this?

The answer is simply: they worry about the costs of maintaing the German User Interface.

To cut down costs, Daybreak could enlist the assistance of its community. I'm pretty confident there are users in the community who would volunteer translating everything into German if that helps keeping the German-language User interface alive.

So why doesn't Daybreak utilize the free resources which it has at its disposal?

At least, let's have a poll. We have polls on TLE Stormhold almost every other week. So, please let us do a poll about the future of Valor.

Perhaps the results of this poll can serve as a wake-up call, so that the Devs understand how many players are going to leave if the merger goes ahead.
  13. Brax Active Member

Hadrian, schau zwei Postings über Dir was Raff geschrieben hat. Ich bin sicher Daybreak hat das alles sehr genau durchgerechnet.

Hadrian, read Raffs Posting two postings above yours. I'm sure Daybreak has calculated everything. They have some experience with something like this.
  14. JudasPriest New Member

I hope you offer a free "get me outta here" server transfer from Antonia Bayle now. the server is already to over populated for my taste, I don't need an injection of massive *** crowd lagging the chat system on top of all that.

You really need to let us move out please.
    CrystalStar likes this.
  15. Jannish Member

Not really...I will play without a AA Sub and see this game, as this what it is...A F2P Title
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  16. Jannish Member

Genau so siehts aus.
    Von wegen kalkuliert,die unterschätzen die Situation komplett!
    Für Daybreak heißt es bald Sonnenuntergang,aber vllt ist das ja auch so gewollt.!
  17. Raff Well-Known Member

That is a pretty good definition of "adapting".
    Febrith likes this.
  18. Maevianiu Well-Known Member

Actually, we will be merging the hardware as well. So Splitpaw will get additional hardware with the merge.
  19. Brax Active Member

Jannish, hast Du genaue Zahlen? Wenn ja würde mich mal interessieren woher.
  20. Mielchen New Member

Es ist so sicher wie das Amen in der Kirche, dass viele ZAHLENDE Spieler ohne ausreichende englische Sprachkenntnisse das Spiel verlassen werden.
    Nach der Übernahme von EQ2 von Daybreak hat sich vieles verschlechtert. Und nun DAS!
    Ich werde mir (gezwungerner maßen) die Konsolidierung anschauen und mir dann überlegen ob ich meinen fast 10 Jahre alten Account aufgeben werde.
    Es ist einfach nur traurig mit ansehen zu müssen wie eines der ältesten MMORPG's kaputt gemacht wird.

Das traurige Mielchen :(
    Sala93, Surgeon, Ursprung and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.