February 2016 Producer's Letter

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Windstalker Executive Producer

Hail Norrathians!

It’s going to be another great year for EverQuest 2! The team is excited to be working on new content updates as well as already being waist-deep on our next expansion, all coming this year.

We spent January getting our plans nailed down and are busy getting ready for a big content update for members this spring. This update will have new fabled dungeons and places to explore packed with quests (timed ones too!), key chests, adventures, and awesome stories.

For more news and details, join us for a livestream on Tuesday, March 15 at 11AM PST on twitch.tv/everquest2 and we’ll show you what’s in this game update and answer your questions live with the team!

Here’s your first hint of what’s coming in this spring update…

[IMG]
    Move over old orc, the Scourge is in town!

Like the merges we did for US servers a few months ago, we’ll be moving ahead with the server merges for our European servers this spring. Our goal of combining these servers is to build and foster a vibrant server community. We know there may be questions about the European server merges and we’re working on building out a FAQ so players can know what to expect. Feel free to ask any questions you have now, but know we may need a bit of time before we can provide all the answers. We’re grateful for your patience and support and we’ll continue to keep you updated so our players have plenty of notice on the timing of these upcoming merges.

Continuing a time-honored tradition in EQ2, we’ll have new additions to our upcoming live events, Brew Day and Bristlebane Day. When those events roll around this year, make sure you join the festivities and get your holiday-themed rewards while you can!

Hang on to your class hats… there’s plenty more to come!
    Auxel, Seefar, daicia and 9 others like this.
  2. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

So can we gather by the picture of the revamped orc skin that all npcs and/or playable races might be getting an appearance update? (prays).
  3. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

What does Spring equate to? Are we looking at March, April, June/July?
  4. Roshen Well-Known Member

The big game update won't be before the stream, and we'll have a solid date for everyone and PLENTY to show by the time the stream happens ^_^
    Lexxiii, daicia and Kurisutaru like this.
  5. Arandar Well-Known Member

And not even a breath about the TL servers. That's disappointing.
    Fappy, Eradani, Adevil and 1 other person like this.
  6. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

I'm more interested in the server updates/merges Roshen.

Having a server that is underpopulated, lags horrifically in raiding, and is depressing for half the server, I'd prefer that fixed before content.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  7. Xper Well-Known Member

Should have seen this one coming... is this unintended phrasing? or will this new content only be available to members.
    Feldon likes this.
  8. Phyr Member

the first day of spring is March 20th. First day of Summer of is June 20. so I would guess the update is somewhere in between those dates.
  9. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

How do you jump from "new orc model" to "all npcs and/or playable races might be getting an appearance update? "
    Nockturnal likes this.
  10. Phyr Member

Disappointing is an understatment.
    Eradani likes this.
  11. Liou_Unrest Active Member

I went to the movies last night and was really upset to see they only let people in who bought tickets.
    Brennin, Cyliena, Foretold and 19 others like this.
  12. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

Lol! No jumping involved. Just a wee bit of wishful thinking! :) I guess that is still allowed? :eek:
    Seefar, Finora, Juraiya and 2 others like this.
  13. Julesholland Active Member

The question I have is, is the new content free or are we going to be charged for a "campaign" after paying full price for a expansion....
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  14. Xper Well-Known Member

Was the movie advertised as free to watch?
  15. Flatline Well-Known Member

Anything being done about Raid zone lag in the mean time ?Ø As errrorr said ... Spring is a rather big timeframe as such (mostly due to when is summer?!)
  16. Liou_Unrest Active Member

Good point, I should rephrase.

I just watched "Movie 1" on Google Play/iTunes store that was free to watch. The sequel, "Movie 2" had to be seen in theaters and purchase a ticket because it just came out. I'm really upset about that! Who do they think they are!

Either way you slice it, you are paying for a service and something that a team of people work hard to produce that you enjoy. The fact that they offer the base game for free is awesome and is a priviledge, not a right, and if you enjoy the product/service you receive you should pay for it! And you get additional perks in doing so.

The entitlement you hold, along with many others on this forum, is sad.
  17. Phyr Member

What is your issue? I really do Fail to understand why the F2P crowd gets so upset when they do somthing for the Pay 2 Play crowd. Folks who Pay a Sub should get more perks then the ones who dont other wise why would anyone pay for a sub?
  18. Xper Well-Known Member

That's quite a stretch. Your analogy would work if they were releasing eqnext in march and I was complaining that eq2 is F2P and eqnext isnt.

This is more like an m knight shyamalan movie that they're showing for free, then with 15 minutes left in the movie they say 'hey guys, $15 or you have to leave.'
  19. Lamatu Active Member

The last Fabled Dungeons was patched in June 23 2015.

I hope we don't have to wait as long this year.
  20. Rainmare Well-Known Member

what is the Scourge? will we see the Tylweth? is this a prelude to a graphic overhaul/update? are we going to get into the Tower of Arcane'se? what were the domains of the last 2 gods form Theer's chamber, and are the Scourge connected to those?

can paladins finally get a class hat that doesn't look like a KFC bucket with eagle wings glued to it?

is this more a GU thing, or a Campaign thing?

are there any plans to give a Devastation of War type ability to non-evils?

a paladin aa has been broken for sometime, the one that gives WDB while using a shield, if you have a ToT shield equipped. is there a fix coming?

what's the status on the appearance sets/wardrobe stuff?