Attn non-depressive Warlocks

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Anaogi, Jan 3, 2016.

1. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

I have this except for

50% AE
    75k AMOD

Now AE really wouldn't affect single target DPS I assume.

And AMOD really only affects a couple of spells because of caps.

Thanks for the tips.
  2. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

AMOD will contribute a lot in your FC spikes ...
    AoE is important for any multi target fights essentially turning your wand into PBAOE frontal ... With AoE you not just hit encounter but everything within attack angle
    Other thing - consider pushing SWDB ... one way of doing it use 3 green adorns with SWDB bonus with just belt, cloak, neck and 6SDA rune and 200SPS you still should be able hit mark 75% SDA
  3. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

I appreciate the help and I will make changes, but I fail to see how those small increments of things are going to quadruple my dps to be in any way relevant to a current raid force.
  4. Mandoblast Active Member

Small changes in the toon = big results.

Take Ability Mod. You said it only affects a couple of spells because of the cap. Ability capped at 50% of the spell before CB and Crit are applied. Here are the spells that 110k ability mod work on and I am still way below my cap with my potency:

1. Plaguebringer
    2. Chains
    3. Apoc
    4, Rift
    5. Toxic Assault
    6. Caustic Det
    7. Distortion
    8. Absolution
    9. Dark Agrevation
    10. Thunderclap
    11. Flames of Velious
    12. Encase

Everyone of those spells benefits from having 100k AB and beyond.

Think of it this way. If a spell had a base damage of 200k, then the AB cap on that spell is 100k. If you are only at 50k AB, then you are 50% less powerful that the spell can possibly be. So, 1 small change raising your AB could (and I am being very generous with the math since I am not Koko) raise your dps by double or triple.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  5. Yards Well-Known Member

Ability mod is 50% of low end not top end.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  6. Koko Well-Known Member

Wrong, it is 50% of the base damage value i.e. 50% of the low end & 50% of the high end.
    In game reference: before/after ability mod cap
    673 * 1.5 = 1,009.5, 823 * 1.5 = 1234.5
    [IMG]

I stand beside my previous dissection of the EncDPS gains of ability modifier.
  7. Yards Well-Known Member

I don't think it affects the top end once you get more than 50% of the low end but I'll have to double check in game as I am busy atm.
  8. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Dragon's Armory shows these 3 spells would would benefit from more AMOD than I have.

Ethenere Chains
    Plaguebringer
    and
    Dark Aggravation when it's up which is only sometimes.
  9. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Don't we all wish that there was some place mechanics were actually explained.

Anecdotal evidence stinks.
  10. Yards Well-Known Member

I guess it is both I stand corrected.
  11. Yards Well-Known Member

For encase it's only applying 50% of low end for max ability mod for that spell but the others seem to be the top end so yea I don't know lol.
  12. Koko Well-Known Member

Which spells? I'm not aware of any spells that are only top end and I'm interested in a list for comparison.

For completeness on ability mod-making-no-sense, some spells don't have a cap, e.g. Flames of Velious or Puncture.
  13. Yards Well-Known Member

What I mean is for encase the max ability mod that can be used for that spell is half the low end for example if encase is 50k to 100k the most ability mod that can be used is 25k making it 75k to 125k. At least thats what I found when I tested it, I didn't spend much time testing because it's not going to affect my decision on high ability mod. If I remember right someone told me distortion does not have a cap on ability mod but that could be wrong as well I never tested it.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  14. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

About TClaps ... its triple hit spell I am not sure how calculates damage in this case (1+2+3) or just from single strike
    Flames - again I am not sure because these are good only if you are left side speced (which I kind of doubt :))

Also I think Yards right about that is work from lower end (but once again may be Koko right). Plus in any cases having your full FC chain boosted always a great thing (PB-Apoc-Rift-TA-Chains-TClap-DA (if it up))
  15. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

I can guaranty that TA will be affected as well ...
    Other thing is Potency .... they higher POT you have the more you benefit from AMOD ... In raid you are definitely running like 2.5k+ as a base and spike Pot even higher (Fur barrage, salvo .. etc. etc. etc). In other words along the road once you grow into the POT you must grow into AMOD as well to get full potential of your spells
    P.S. Blackanvil on range sucks ... Molten a lot better :) Also while early advantage is great proc (and so is essence lich) ... in AoE fight nothing better then at least 1 Molten detonation item (better 3 and 100 AoE ;)) ...
  16. Lare Active Member

sadly half of what doom is saying is correct!
    Having spent most of this thread and others trying to get him to move on and get better but he only listens to half of what he needs too, he still runs with SDA green adorns non fable whites and purple adorns that all should have been changed months ago,
    Find it funny we are arguing about ab again!.
    Funny of you had bothered to skim some of this thread you would have gotten a fair bit out of it. People just want an instance fix rather than actually spend the time learning what you need to do. Also because its complicated sometimes your just better of believing it and just reforging and seeing the difference.

In raids my Pot spikes close to 7k during FC rotation's which I'm sure is low compared to yards. most people fail to factor this in when looking at ab which also spikes to 135k with temp proc's from group, and my gear it not much better than Doom's,,,
  17. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

I'm at 72k AMOD, with everything reforged into it without sacrificing the other stats.

I will just have to get better gear. Gear is King.
  18. Koko Well-Known Member

I'm interested in your tests friend.
    [IMG]
    427 + 1/2 427 = 640.5
    712 + 1/2 712 = 1068
  19. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

That's with solo set up ... raid set up a bit differ
    fable shoulders relic off - collection shoulders on
    ring with SDA stone off - ring with SWDB on (Relic from signature line)... Purples btw been changed to sigil of damage ... mostly and couple still from sigil of power... Whites are partially fabled mastercraft (for SPS) but yeah those that for resist are left as is .... I do not see big deal in squeezing 400x6=2400 resist in each .... I am running at 223-225k with just self buffed (enough for T2) and then I need just boost myself with 2 hour loyalty portion up to 240+. As for AMOD white .. bleh and meh I am running with 200 and with change on fabled mastercraft it will go up to 340 (like may be +560 total to AMOD ... which is next to nothing with 104k AMOD). The only type of adorns that I can take bashing fairly it cyan one - still need get 2 of those
    As for gear not much better than mine ... I kind of doubt :) ... Let's be honest there are couple items that DO contribute A LOT in DPS - just to name few Ire-Dread Hammer, Essence of Duality ... again that duck hat (or crown of Brel) .. all those fervor things do adds up aren't they? :D
    My raid POT with all amp energy, amp power and amp combination - merely clock closer to 2.5k before FC rotation so I have no idea where you get your 7k (but of course I believe you but doubt about "almost same gear part")
  20. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

From my personal experience
    Best yield to AMOD comes from SPS even if you think you can't go down with current stat you can reforge SPS into AMOD but still hit soft cap with fabled whites (+15 SPS) or even go as far as using sigil of casting (okey someone gona beat me for this advice :)) - basically heroic version SPS give you +22 SPS... if my memory serve me well you can get with whites up 8x15=120SPS and another 44% with sigil of casting so that leave you at need of merely 36SPS on gear (this at least 1 way to go)