Krono Cost on the Rise

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ZUES, May 19, 2015.

1. Entropy Well-Known Member

He doesn't have to verify it. It's been reported previously. Perhaps not to the right devs.

This exploit very much exists, and for those who don't mind risking their accounts (or another dummy account), it's been exploited heavily. Sort of unfortunate that it's taken this long to fix.

You people think that normal plat coming legitimately into the game has accounted for this kind of inflation on Krono prices? Heh.
    Mizgamer62 and Wurm like this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

That would in fact be an excellent example of an exploit. People have gotten banned over this before: find an item on one vendor cheap that another vendor will pay tons for. I dunno why people are still risking Drunder to do this.
  3. Adevil Well-Known Member

Sooo....the exploit is KOS or earlier? Because krono prices spiked by around 50% last weekend on Stormhold. If it's not in one of the first 2 expansions then you may want to rethink your theory on inflation.
  4. Xper Well-Known Member

TLE krono market is not insulated from the live krono market.
  5. Eles Well-Known Member

It was Altar of Malice lvl 100 expansion
  6. Gnik Member

I was banned for something like this right after the Kunark expansion, they traced every account I switched money too, where it went too, and banned them all. They also banned the account so I could not get on any other SOE game at the time. If it is as bad as it is being said, the bans will come after the investigations. They also rolled back every account that was associated with it. Using an exploit is using an exploit, hopefully they deal with them this way also
  7. Meirril Well-Known Member

If you stumble across something weird in game, it is OK to try doing it again. A few times. Especially when you are trying to figure out step by step how to reproduce the bug which from here on out will be called an exploit.

The next part is where people get in trouble. After you've figured it out use /bug to write a detailed report of what the exploit is and how to do it. You are trying to write this in a way that anyone who reads it will be able to use the exploit. Then use /petition and report that you found the exploit, the same explanation you put in the bug report, that you already submitted a /bug (with the number ideally), and approximately what you gained from the exploit. if you do that whatever you gained from your testing might be removed, but you shouldn't get banned.

Now the most important thing: forget about the exploit. Avoid using it again, and do not tell anyone how to do it. If you keep using it after reporting it, that is clearly you continuing to abuse the exploit. Even if "everyone is doing it" you know better.
    Prissetta and Sigrdrifa like this.
  8. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

That is really good to hear tbh.

I always wonder if there really ever are any bans, even though the ban doesn't 'undo' the damage.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  9. Jellygiantjim Member

It's good they are investigating it and I am glad to hear that the players involved with using this exploit will likely be banned or sent to drunder but that doesn't fix the problem. The damage is done. From what i can gather an exploit like this is game breaking and i can't fathom how it is possible to undo the insane amount of inflation. more plat sinks? that will end up hurting the people on bottom mostly anyways and will take forever to lower the plat in circulation. The state of the economy on the servers have made me lose interest in this game along with several other issues. I sincerely hope there are some adjustment to help mitigate the damage done, but i likely will take a leave for awhile getting burnt out as it is. Hopefully things be better in a few months when I return.
  10. semisus Does not play this game

i totally agree , ive put alot of hours into getting my plat, to see it ruined in terms of value in a week really hurts , and how is a new guy coming to this game ever get enugh plats to get a krono now?
    krono has become a thing for 3rd party sites only now , hardly any will be consumed
  11. Gnik Member

Just to let you know, the bannings have started :)
  12. Eles Well-Known Member

yep
  13. Sunje Active Member

Valor 90k ...
  14. Avirodar Well-Known Member

The power of supply vs demand.

It is pure speculation, but based on what I have seen on the Maj'Dul broker, it is possible that DBG has experienced a notable drop in the sales of Krono on their web store, because it is harder for people to sell Krono fast, at a price point they deem suitable.

Is anyone surprised that a quick reflex to the drop in price of Krono, was for the rate of supply to drop, causing the price of Krono to come back up? It looks like the "outrageous" prices that some people were up in arms about, were not quite so outrageous after all.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  15. Laaw Well-Known Member

I used to buy krono's, but not at these prices. they went way out of control. They are proportional to the exploit, but not the regular economy.
  16. Eles Well-Known Member

Well you can buy 1 krono from DBG and resell for 100k or what ever you want. If there is someone in need of krono, they will buy it and it's not so much expensive. I mean if you can afford 15 bucks to the month for eq2, you can save in two months for 1 krono and get ingame plat.

I got tired that I couldn't afford ingame krono, didn't get norrathian wellfare, so I used real cash, thanks daybreak :D
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  17. Meirril Well-Known Member

Recently the minimum bid people have been floating in /auction has been 5k on AB. Most of the bids that go anywhere end up over 10k. Considering that the same sort of auctions before ToT started at 500p and Krono were selling for 27k...90k actually sounds a bit low.

The new economy is still shifting. I fully expect the value of plat to continue plummeting.
  18. semisus Does not play this game

i must say im getting a bit worried that theres another exploit going around , krono price has been going up and up and up
    and now someone bought em all up and lowest price now is 159k ( on AB )
  19. Avirodar Well-Known Member

104k plat on MajDul.
  20. Wurm Well-Known Member

More like the most of the dirty plat from the exploit is still in game due to people shuffling it around. The economy is ruined, and there is no going back.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.