I can see shinies in ToT Advance Solos now without killing a named.

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Wurm, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Wurm Well-Known Member

Intended?

*edit # 2* No it is all of them in the zone.

*edit # 3* Looks like it might just be the Temple Zone. In Rise, everything was invis like normal.
  2. Sylke Well-Known Member

Seems to be hit-or-miss on this, at the moment. My first couple of runs, I could see the shinies before killing anything. My most recent runs, I had to kill a named.

Not sure what's going on, tbh.
  3. Gninja Developer

Shinies spawning are not related to killing a named they are related to getting locked to an instance. Previously killing bosses locked you now killing anything locks you.
  4. Lamatu Active Member

Works this way now in Heroics also.
  5. Sylke Well-Known Member

Ahh, well that makes sense! (And clears up my "hit-or-miss" piece)
  6. Lamatu Active Member

Makes sense now that meta rewards are bad.

Previous xpacs the meta were good and required some effort to get, but now you can even farm heroic shinies without killing a name.

This will also have a negative impact on grouping.
    Laiina and Wurm like this.
  7. Wurm Well-Known Member

OK makes sense, don't like or agree with the change, but it makes sense.
  8. Ansom Active Member

How to destroy a server economy... Tomorrow (at least for splitpaw), i will able to zone in any heroic/event, kill a stupid trash mob and pick up everything. :confused:
    DoomDrake likes this.
  9. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

God bless your souls ... I am waiting with excitement that somebody start ruin economy with fresh influx of shinies!
    Laiina likes this.
  10. Laiina Well-Known Member

Shinies have nothing to do with the economy. All they do when sold is recycle plat already in the game.

That said, yeah, I already see prices on some dropping fast, and game only been up two hours.
  11. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

there are few items from collectables that really worth while
    lacerator clone for one
    1h hammer - clone of lacerator
    secondary items - clone of sacred flow
    2 charms with Kerafim Rage and Kerafim Furor
    Aphotic etched ring
    Bad thing is ... I really don't need most of it :)
  12. knine Well-Known Member

Lol. Now no group required to get shinies. Market about to be flooded, rofl.
  13. Laiina Well-Known Member

For a few zones maybe, but not for most. Good luck getting the shinies from zones like Rise to Power and similar without killing a bunch of mobs. And in at least one of the Kralet ones, the named is on top of the shiny. So this will have an effect for a few zones, but not a big deal for any of the harder ones I think.
  14. Ansom Active Member

A Monk or Bruiser can pick up everything without big problem...
    Zukira likes this.
  15. Laiina Well-Known Member

Not really, except in contested.. which was not affected by this change.
  16. Ansom Active Member

Today i have collect collection in: Ash, Algo, Bar, Palace, all Stygian (heroic, 2 event). I don't have try the Penumbra zone only because i have already completed the collection...
  17. Rarrum Active Member

Ran through every single ToT heroic instance last night, beastlord+necro duo: We picked up every shiny except: 1 behind a force field in a maldura zone, half from Master's Chosen (it was getting late, we probably could have gotten more). Some of the Kralet zones required clearing trash, but that stuff's pretty easy (other than the zone with the one-shot trash, which you can work around with pets + good timing).

This change has some pretty major implications to "the shiny economy". I'd be surprised if they keep it...
    DoomDrake likes this.
  18. Laiina Well-Known Member

If it is as easy as you say, then yes it will. It will be a good money maker for a little while for those classes that can do it, but eventually - just like purple runes - the prices will drop, so make your money now while you can.
  19. jasonx Member

Yes, it is as easy as they say. Even easier because most of the zones you don't even need a partner or a merc. And no, prices dropped already and I expect the shiny market to collapse completely before the end of the week.
  20. Azian Well-Known Member

Perhaps, but the market was pretty ludicrous as it was. I suspect there will be a short term drop in prices as many players jump in to get their own collections completed but that will fade away and prices will push back upwards again.
    Kittybock likes this.