Account-to-Account Transfers Open for Stormhold and Deathtoll

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Roshen Well-Known Member

Today we’re opening up the Account-to-account transfer service to our Time-Locked Expansion servers, Stormhold and Deathtoll!

[IMG]

Account-to-Account transfers are a way that players can manage their characters. This service allows people to move characters from a single to multiple accounts so those characters can play together at the same time, or move characters spread across multiple accounts into one account to help save on membership dollars each month.

BEFORE you transfer a character from one account to another, remember that you need to contact our Customer Support team! For more information about this, see the knowledge base article here.

We’re happy to be opening this up to the players on our newest servers, and we appreciate your continued support!
  2. Gramma Active Member

Forgive me for not fully understanding this, but does it mean I can move my Stormhold toon to Maj'Dul?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. zarobhr Member

no it does not
    it means if you have 2 or more accounts the characters on each account on the above listed servers you can move those characters to the same account

or

if you have 2 or more characters on the above servers on the same account you can move them to a different account
  4. Gramma Active Member

Darn it. I'm hoping to move my poor toon over to Maj'Dul one day. I hardly ever play Stormhold, because I found I only enjoyed the starting areas. I don't want to remake her, because I tend to get attached to my toons. But thanks for the prompt response!
  5. Gulaep Well-Known Member

Roshen, it'd be wonderful if you all did this for normal servers too one day, not now, but one day (soon). I have three EverQuest II accounts that I would love to combine into one. I did not plan on having three at all, it just happened somehow. One is All Access the other two are free-to-play. I can only pay for one subscription, and have always paid for just one subscription so in my case it is not like Daybreak would be losing out on monthly fees from me.

It sure would be nice. :)

I hope you all will consider it.

~ Gulaep

EDIT: I think I misinterpreted what Roshen meant. I thought Daybreak was offering a "free" service for a short period of time, like the free server transfers we just had. Apparently this may just be the Marketplace item that players normally purchase, and now I guess those on Stormhold and Deathtoll can now buy it.

Oh well.
  6. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

They don't do it anymore? I know they used to because I did it once, ages ago.
  7. The Real Slim EQ New Member

Just recreate a toon on Maj'Dul u will be the same level in like 2hours.
  8. Gulaep Well-Known Member

Hmm, I guess I misinterpreted what Roshen meant. I thought Daybreak was offering "free" account to account transfers for a certain time period, like the free server transfers we just had not too long ago. Yeah, come to think of it now Alphonsus, Roshen just probably meant Stormhold and Deathtoll can now "pay for/buy this service" from the Marketplace.

Bummer. I cannot afford the $25/per character or whatever the fee is.

Oh well.
  9. Brutius New Member

Where do you purchase? I looked under services but do not see anything.
    Belenos and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  10. Kuulei Well-Known Member

on TLE you may not see the tokens, just contact customer service and use that link Roshen posted in his thread to make sure you meet the requirements. If you do see the token, do NOT purchase until customer service says to as they are not refundable.
  11. Nuhvohk Active Member

so is this the devs' way of saying that boxing is ok? guess it's fine as long as it means more subs and more money
    Gramma and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  12. Eradani Well-Known Member

i was thinking the same thing. Woohoo! more bot groups /sarcasm off
  13. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Boxing has always been allowed.
    People have got to learn definitions:
    Botter = gamer(s) who employ third-party programs to control their characters.
    Boxer = gamer(s) playing as multiple separate characters simultaneously either by using multiple separate machines to run the game or by running multiple separate instances of the game.
    SynnikuL, Feldon, Belenos and 6 others like this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I "box" frequently, since I have 1 Gold account and 4 Silver accounts. ;->

I've helped start out a guild that way; all they needed was like one more person...come to think of it, with me, them, and 4 more accounts, they didn't need anyone else, but they were nice and paid my toons a plat for their troubles (which is appreciated on a Silver!) and said they could leave after the guild was official. ;->

Uwk
    Belenos and Griffon Lady like this.
  15. Eshaac Active Member

I do that sometimes, run "multiple separate instances of the game" .... It is slow playing though on my machine as it is olddddd like me... we run slow when over loaded... lol

Eshaac
  16. Flightrisk Well-Known Member

I see that no one bothered with the information link that Roshen added:
    BEFORE you transfer a character from one account to another, remember that you need to contact our Customer Support team! For more information about this, see the knowledge base article here.
    You might take a look at this and be sure to read down to the second paragraph on account to account transfers ...
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

you wont find tokens for account transfer you got to ask customer service to do it
    it costs about 2500 db cash .
    there is a post about that somewhere in one of the threads might be in the one about server consolidation or server transfer
    anyway I think on this thread its just about that you can also do it on the TLS servers.
    what Flightrisk said
  18. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

No worries. I have a feeling that once TLE's PVE server catches up to current expansion they'll either open transfers to any other server and restart it, or merge it into whichever server is smallest at the time and start a new retro server. (Can TLE peeps buy transfer tokens off the server? I understand people not being able to transfer to the TLE, but I haven't heard yay or nay on leaving it, but I haven't looked since I have one neglected toon there...) Just a gut feeling though. Retro server seems pretty win/win since people who've been begging for the chance to experience the old days get what they want and the company seems to be making a fair bit of money with recycled expansions. (And the nice side effect of old old old bugs and issues finally being dealt with, making it much nicer for us weirdos that wander through the entire game as we will, and not rush to end game and do the same top end instances over and over. =P)
    The PVP server I'm assuming would stay as it was, since there is no other PVP server, but it could have the same fate as the PVP. /shrug But who really knows till the time comes?
    I have nothing to back these theories up though, being on the outside. XD
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I'd thought that once you were on TLE, you were there forever and couldn't transfer off, but maybe it's the Place Where Bad People Go I'm thinking of? :-/

Uwk
  20. Windelk New Member

Ah, I see. Let's make the mobs hard enough so that a number of classes can't handle solo mobs unless they have a partner or a box and group mobs so that small guilds may have to supplement with a box... and then huzzah! we will help you out by selling you a way to split your high toons so you can box more efficiently! The company changes... the tactics stay the same.
    Ceyllynn and Eradani like this.