What is up with the huge screen-shake?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Wurm, Jan 10, 2016.

1. Wurm Well-Known Member

Its been doing it for a couple days now and its really annoying.
  2. daicia Well-Known Member

I haven't seen anything of the sort. Where were you when this happened? More details might aid in understanding what you're seeing/how to fix it.
  3. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

I have seen it too. Its probably a prelude for some event.
  4. flameweaver Well-Known Member

It's happening every few minutes in Outer Maldura, and it is annoying.

I have no issue with people who like that kind of thing, but I'd love an option to switch off the screen shake effect, because yes it is bloody annoying. :mad:
    daicia likes this.
  5. Meneltel Well-Known Member

I haven't done much there so not seen it, BUT in WoW, pre Cataclysm time, there were shaking, representing earthquakes happenening before the expansion )and even of a Earth Dragon coming out of the planet, so to speak). Perhaps its foreshadowing of a future event as someone said. Ill have to check it out, may be Lanys is returning? *look very excited!*
    Jaden likes this.
  6. Wurm Well-Known Member

My guildy also said, "It is probably an earthquake!" To which I replied, "If it was an earthquake, it wouldn't be effecting me while in the air."
    Shmogre likes this.
  7. Shmogre Well-Known Member

When I first noticed the shaking, I spent some time trying to see if it matched up with when the big eel dude flew by. :^)
  8. Leeroy 16 year vet. Forum lurker. Altaholic.

A couple of weeks ago I was in Thalumbra when someone shouted that the screen shake was going to start really soon.... and it did. I'm guessing that someone's pulling that x4 shroom, or one of the heroic named mobs out there, and it's part of the script. Yes, I'm of the opinion that the screen shake shouldn't affect non participants. Remember in Sebilis when someone would pull that wandering golem mob and the entire zone would quake as they fought?
  9. Amaitae Active Member

An option to disable screen shakes altogether or to minimize them would be awesome.
    flameweaver likes this.
  10. Rainmare Well-Known Member

I hadn't noticed any shaking at all today. I suppose I could log back in and sit in outer maldura and see if the screen shakes
  11. GrunEQ Well-Known Member

Ever so often I've noticed the shake and wondered about it because I have shake disabled. My guess is that some event is coming.
  12. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Usually the screen shakes are tied to an NPC attacking or dying and hitting the ground. Is there anything like that around you? I know the tree monsters have a shake on their deaths.
  13. Wurm Well-Known Member

This Screen Shake is H U G E. Even in the air your character gets thrown around 5 or more cm in a random direction when it happens. Its not like the "TIIIIIIIIIIMBER!" BOOM! small short shake when a treant hits the ground. This a violent movement and is slightly nauseating. when it happens over and over in a row.

*edit* And someone mentioned the x4 Shroom, I was on the other side of the zone from him, so if it was someone attacking him, it was more than slightly over done.
    flameweaver likes this.
  14. Amaitae Active Member

I was more referring to other screen shakes during normal combat. it's happening every 3-5 seconds and is very distracting, sometimes painful to the eyes.
  15. Akeron New Member

Where/how did you disable the shakes?
  16. Raff Well-Known Member

Doesn't bother me at all.
  17. xkrisx Well-Known Member

The screen shake in Thelumbra is from a heroic name. It spawns approx every 45 to 2 hours and causes the entire zone ot shake while in combat. If being soloed, it can take anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes to kill. That is all.