Once again, I beg for help...

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Griffon Lady, Dec 7, 2015.

1. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

Yup yup. I'll try again with avatars instead of characters. Thank you again!
    Still hoping they fix characters scores if that's what it is (or make the house items available for all on Loyalty merchant), but so awesome if it is working at all.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. suka Well-Known Member

not sure if that is what it is, but i do know the characters are bugged. i don't see that ever getting fixed.
  3. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

Aye, there are a lot of things in the game that are higher priority. Buuut at least there is a chance something will be done, (be it bug fixing or making the same model furniture items available elsewhere without having to bother with the bug) if they know some of us are still interested in the items. ^_^
  4. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

XD The funny part is, on characters, the Arena itself runs pretty smoothly. I didn't get stuck in the waiting area, I didn't have to zone out due to the winner getting stuck in combat (also unable to switch avatars when stuck in the waiting room in combat), but the score keeper wasn't keeping score and items weren't unlocking.
    On the avatars so far (I'm at 8 wins) I've had to leave the Arena after each match due to the winner getting stuck in combat (yell for help and target self didn't work) and I keep getting booted to character select when I make and try to enter a new arena, sometimes up to 3 times in a row. o.0 (There was an arena that wouldn't let go of my toon and wouldn't disappear from the door till I camped to self, so I'm guessing that might have something to do with being booted so much?)
    Lets just say, testing with the avatars is a much slower process, and not just because it takes quite a bit longer to kill the opponent as an avatar. o.0

Nearly half way done to see if it's working at all for my account though. /crosses fingers for at least access to the "25 wins" items...
  5. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

Apparently, joining the other team then going back to your side breaks the "stuck in combat" problem and allowed both characters to cross the barrier into the playing field, if that helps anyone. :\
    At 9 wins now. >.> (miscounted earlier. HAd the sheet from an old testing behind the new one, so thought I was at 14. >.<)
  6. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

It was observer mode I went into this time, and it allowed me to pass through the barrier. Not sure if this affects the count of wins though.
  7. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

Squee! I'm so excited! It's not my account that is bugged, and the arena is not completely broken, it's only MOSTLY broken. (If it were ALL broken there's only one thing you can do. Look through it's pockets for loose change.) I just unlocked the 2 house pets/avatars that required 25 wins!

So, As Suka said, it only works with Avatars (the pets the merchant doesn't reqire wins/kills for are fine. The Fountain Spirit dies fairly quickly, and the Frost Magi does decent damage, like Suka said. You just have to run and grab manna after every kill).
    The tricky part was to a) not crash of get booted to character select while zoneing into the match, b)find a way to get through the barrier after each match without having to zone out and face the likelihood of zoneing problems and c) keep track of your score.

I didn't find any way to avoid the random fatal errors or being booted to character select. Putting my graphics to absolute minimum did seem to cut down on the fatal errors, but made the mana potions difficult to see till you were a meter or so away. Being booted to character select just happened 4 out of 5 times while trying to enter a match from the door/interface.

The barrier that keeps you from entering the battleground till it's go time is also random. The first battle is fine for both, as long as you wait till the avatar is solid/not invis looking. The second match (if you stayed for another) the winner tended to get stuck in combat and the loser stayed dead. Switching avatars like Suka said works, and switching to Observer, then back when the timer starts the match worked too. There were a few times where even that wouldn't work and I just kept banging my head against the barrier (symbolic, I know), but usually it worked fine.

Keeping score I just had a sticky note by my keyboard since there is no visual for that in-game.

I'd love to see these bugs worked out and character mode score keeper gets fixed, but there are higher priority things to fix, so here's hoping the items will be added to the Loyalty Merchant. I'm just thankfull to Suka for letting me know the avatar mode is working! ^_^

I'm going to continue on and see if I can get the rest of the items. So far so good. ^_^
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and suka like this.
  8. suka Well-Known Member

glad it worked and you are now getting your avatars
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Spindle like this.
  9. Katz Well-Known Member

In the update notes for tomorrow's update:

Freeport / Qeynos
    Arena Champions merchant house pets now available from the Loyalty Merchant, Noble Tark Validus, in Freeport and Qeynos.
    Sumixum the Arena Master has retired.
    Arena Champions entrances within Freeport, Qeynos, and Muj'Dul have been closed.
  10. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

. . . . .*and I still have visions of better clothes and LONGER HAIR dancing in my head* . . . . . .
  11. Merriel Well-Known Member

Awesome news! Now I need to save more loyalty tokens, lol, as I've spent them all on Treasure Hoards. :D
  12. suka Well-Known Member

that is really sad. why didn't they just make him allow us to buy all of them? what was cheap and plentiful-6 silver
    each-- are now bought by loyalty tokens - i would rather have kept paying plat. i understand that a lot of people don't want to take the time to be able to buy his wares, but there goes another good idea down the drain. so many people don't want to work for something these days, and like dungeon maker, a part of the game that people had enjoyed no longer exists. what else will they take away? is there anything left?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Merriel like this.
  13. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

I'm just ecstatic that they added all the house pets to the loyalty merchant! We can all get them now! I do wonder though, are the little flags on the loyalty merchant too now? They were unique and neat looking.
    Sumixum finally gets to retire after all those lonely years standing there. Would be funny if they moved him to the beach under some palm trees with a drink in hand, and say something about how wonderful retirement is when we hail him. XD

I agree wholeheartedly on the preference to pay plat. There need to be more plat sinks in the game rather than circulating around and inflating prices. (Holey SMOKES did Krono go up in price or what! XD) But I'm just giddy that they are all available now! XD It's a bit of a shock that they removed the whole arena, but as many bugs as it had and as few people used it, I can't say I'm too surprised, really. Not as many devs and coders as there used to be, and with limited staff (and with as long a time as the arena bugs have been unfixable), their hours and effort are better put towards something that affects a lot more people.
    It is sad to see any of the original features go (I'm still miffed that the suburbs are only open if you have the quest for them), but in this case, I understand completely. :\
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Merriel like this.
  14. Simparri Active Member

You Bugs are an absolute Moron!! Peddle that crap to those who used to catch Polio & Tuberculosis, which have been nearly eradicated BECAUSE of vaccines! Polio used to cripple thousands of people a year, mostly children, including Franklin Delano Roosevelt who came from a rich family not a poor one. They nearly completely eradicated Polio world wide BECAUSE of the vaccine. I suppose that you would rather be a cripple, or have your children crippled, than be vaccinated against it though.

Twit......
  15. Tatsuo New Member

FYI as one who has had Tuberculosis even though I was vaccinated, I call BS on vaccines. My son ended up in the ER because of the flu vaccine. I stopped that and he hasn't gotten the flu since.
  16. Merriel Well-Known Member

How did we go from discussing the arena to discussing vaccines? So as not to derail the thread even further, I am going to go back to the original discussion.

I just want to say to Suka, I tried to do the arena, but kept having problems with it. I would love to have continued with it, if it were working properly and would actually rather pay plat than loyalty tokens for these pets as well...if it were working properly. I have no problem earning what I get, if I can do so without getting totally frustrated with the system, but when the system isn't working as intended, then it becomes frustrating to the point of my giving up even trying anymore. I am just glad that now these pets are available to us, whether it be plat or loyalty tokens. :)
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Not every suggestion; I like to think I Like yours... :-/

And you're absolutely right. ;->

Uwk
    who, from what's been heard, thinks that one reason EQ2 is "so old" is because they didn't upgrade the game engine from EQ1... X-P
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hell, I'd been blithering on about being able to craft Frostfell stuff all year long, like EVERY OTHER HOLIDAY THING OUT THERE, and after only 7 years of me and others chiming in (started with my first Frostfell in 2006; finally went in December 2013, if memory serves), we finally got the Crafting Stations! :D I mean, let's face it: if all the Powers (especially the Art Dept.) are so hopped up on realism in a fantasy world, if I want to realistically make my real friend in real life a real sweater for real winter holidays, I'd better really start knitting/crocheting/training spiders/etc. starting in like real life March, 'cause it's gonna take me that long to get it done. And shouldn't we have the lovely spirit of Frostfell throughout the year? :)

(I think what got EQ2 to do flight might have been if WoW had it first; not sure, but I think it's something our Powers here stole from them [there's a lot of "borrowing of cool ideas" back and forth ;->])

Uwk
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, they're based in California, and those of us who are, too, don't see anything amiss about it... ;->

On the other hand, maybe they just want us all to get used to the idea of time zone figuring. X-/ It's how I learned that Splitpaw time is 8 hours ahead of us here...and I've always seen them give the number of minutes (or hours, starting at 2 hours) left to go before shut-down with their chat channel spamming (until 7 am PST on the 7th; that surprised a lot of people unpleasantly), as well as the whole "7 am" bit in the same notice. :-/

Uwk
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And if folks don't like the trace amount of mercury preservative in the inactive ingredient list in vaccines (and the "scientific paper" concerning that was found to be nonsense, cooked up by a guy who wanted to sell his own alternate formula), whinge about that. Do something to get THAT specific bit removed/changed. But don't be down on the concept of vaccines; they save lives and prevent public health emergencies and have done so for much longer than most people realize (the concept has been around for centuries, if not millennia).

(and if you don't want a vaccine for anything at all, better not get a tetanus shot the next time you step on something rusty)

Uwk
    now returning you to Griffon Lady's original thread