Kingdom of Sky Unlocks on Stormhold and Deathtoll - Thurs, Jan 7, 2016

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Roshen Well-Known Member

Hail Norrathians,

The vote to unlock Kingdom of Sky content passed last month. This content is scheduled to unlock to players on BOTH Time-Locked Expansion servers Stormhold (PvE) and Deathtoll (PvP) on Thursday, January 7, 2016. This content is scheduled to unlock at 10:00AM PST

UPDATE: We'll need some additional time to get KoS set up for TLE servers, and we anticipate these servers will unlock to players at 10AM PST. More info here.

[IMG]

There are a lot of updates coming to Time-Locked Expansion servers after this content unlocks. To give you an idea of what’s coming:
    • Adventure, Tradeskill and Guild Level will be raised to 70
    • Alternate Advancement Subclass Window will be unlocked with a 50 AA cap
    • This launch will include a full balance pass for all TLE content level 30+, including existing encounters.
    • All blue stats, with the exception of crit bonus, will be available on the server.
    • Cloud Travel will be restored.
    • Spire Travel will be restored on Stormhold (PvE) and Deathtoll (PvP), and reverted to its original design, teleporting players every 5 minutes.
    The Time-Locked Expansion (TLE) servers offer a unique EverQuest 2 experience different from our traditional servers. Are you unfamiliar with special servers like Stormhold and Deathtoll? You can get more information about what these servers are in the post here!
  2. Dagz New Member

Mutagenic outcast
  3. Nuhvohk Active Member

wOW grats!!! WW1st????!?!??!
  4. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

wow this looks like eq1 but yea raids still work a lot like that today , you die a lot .
    looked like fun who cares how good the background looks like or how the toons look like
    I just sometimes wished I started playing this game sooner
  5. Eradani Well-Known Member

back in the days when horses backed up like toons and their visuals didn't get turned off
  6. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

You should include your own expansion trailers when they unlock... Because, why not?

7. Creasote Well-Known Member

Thumbs down

This expansion is not ready to be launched, just check out the TLE beta forums.

I don't know if they realize this but people are giving TLE one last shot with KOS. A premature release of a sub par product will only chase away subscribers. They should have waited.
  8. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

well the thing is if Daybreak does not release the x pack now there will be other people that will complaint that they don't
    do be dammed don't be dammed if those people that cant wait would have more patients and it was possible to tell them that its not as simple to revert this back to what it used to be than things could wait
    Its a shame that those that cant wait ruin it for themselves
    Well get ready for lots of hot fixes .
    we can always hang out some more in the other zones if to many things just don't work right up there
    I have more things I can do in the old zones , and level up there and earn AA
    Often people were surprised of how things turned out when we thought there is no way ( Sony) could pull it of
    we have to just see if Daybreak can do it too.
  9. Nuhvohk Active Member

lmao they had two weeks of beta to fix things, and the players have been constantly sending feedback since then on things that the devs refuse to fix. it's not a problem with player patience, it's a problem with the devs ignoring any problem they don't want to fix (aka core gameplay) and instead focusing on minor cosmetic things to pander to nostalgiacs (oh look, Hoo'loh's back on the chain now, guys! give us your praise and DBC purchases!).
  10. Feldon Well-Known Member

Because that trailer is embarrassing? Lots of solo players slow-running and the little bit of fighting while standing 10 feet away from the mob? It doesn't sell the idea of large worlds, engaging group combat, or the depth of the game. It barely shows the islands. It doesn't sell the scale of the raid zones. It just looks like a low budget random PlayStation 2 RPG you find in the discount bin

It just shows that EQ2 has never gotten any love from Marketing, even when it had a huge development team.
    Prissetta, Jaden and Graybeard like this.
  11. Spindle Well-Known Member

A truer observation has never before been typed. Thanks, Feldon, for putting it so bluntly and yet so nicely bluntly.
    Jaden likes this.
  12. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I don't think Daybreak is not listening to the players I think if its something that can be fixed easy it will be done
    Sorry I am a peacemaker I don't always think others are up to no good
    lol that's why I am playing on "Deathtoll" ;) MUAHAHA >: }

Anyway I think Daybreak only put up the beta so people have something to do tying them over ,so the Waite for the release onto the live servers is not so long .
    I can imagen the 5 minute wait for the wizard portal will be one main place for pvp on Deathtoll
    Iam for shure happy I am a warlock :p

Could be 7am west time like ususally
  13. Krov Active Member

What time are we looking at release ? The post says early morning ? Can we be more specific please.
    Kotter likes this.
  14. Milambers Active Member

What time?
  15. Graybeard New Member

Probably at 7 AM PST...
  16. Roshen Well-Known Member

17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

sigh I could use a vacation after all the preparations I did , like crafting trying to get good gear and such.
    And than there was the city fest and frostfell too on the regular server I am tiered.