[Wish List] Prestige Homes

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Cyliena, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Severai Member

Either one of the courtyards, or one of the other inaccessible buildings in Mara itself, depending on the style of the house. Of course it would end up being bigger than any of the actual houses in the village, but I'm sure there's some extremely deep, wise and philosophical reason for that.
    Febrith and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Of course there is. "It's just bigger on the inside than it is on the outside. Don't fret about it." ;->

Uwk
    who now sees the correlation between EQ2 decorators and Dr. Who fandom... ;->
    Febrith and Severai like this.
  3. Spextasy Well-Known Member

I've been trying unsuccessfully to get the Residence of the Blades for so many years now, I've come to the only logical conclusion : It's a myth and doesn't actually exist. :(
    Kithal and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  4. Lera Well-Known Member

I'd love for the old Frostfell zone to be a house.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And with the option to turn down the ambient lighting! ;->

Actually, that wasn't that much of a problem with the old village. :-/

If they do bring that back as a prestige "land," I'd like the original: with the water you could swim in and sharks (which were non-aggro, if memory serves, or just plain fake, like in the Researcher's Sanctum "tank") and no stinkin' ice skater that would AIM for you the moment you tried reaching for a shiny (or had finally slowed enough on the stupid ice to the point you could almost reach it). >:-/

Oh, and snow banks you could get up to without needing a Leaper mount or flying capability or the Art Department grudgingly adding invisible ramps here and there.

Uwk
    Febrith and Merriel like this.
  6. Kurisutaru Active Member

I got that house from a LoN loot card a couple months ago, give or take. I was so surprised I almost fell off my chair.. :D So yes, it is possible to get it, just extremely rare.. ;)

ps - I had been trying to get it for a VERY long time as well.. :oops:
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

The ONLY way I've ever been able to get stuff like that (mostly tax-free houses, I must admit) is by focussing on just that particular "expansion" deck or whatever it is, and just getting my packs from there. I've lucked out twice: one tax-free New Halas 6-room, one tax-free Qeynos/Freeport 6-room (which I turned in for a Freeport).

But yeah, that took a long time, too. :-/

Uwk
    Merriel and Kurisutaru like this.
  8. Cataluna New Member

I, too, think the Druid Tower in Darklight would be a lovely home.

And I also came to suggest the Eternal Gorge (which I also see someone else suggested.)
    Febrith and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

The Eternal Gorge? Is that up in Ethernere? Only been up there a couple of times with my level 100 crafter toons (all two of them).

Uwk
    Merriel likes this.
  10. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

okay a few things:

Wharehouse
    as said in a previous post, a wharehouse, two side by side of a decent size(with the sizes of some of the places this is totally feasable), they must have two options:

have a min 2000 count. the options being built in walls/partitioning and floors or an even higher count if you buy it empty... on a rickety wharf somewhere where a boat can be placed, added bonus would be enough land space for a small cabin. i'd really rather have this than the dungeons for storage.

Glacier
    now for this, i'd love to see a completely flat(yes i know they cannot see a straight line or flat floor they could not resist abusing) middle, of a generous size, with one end that slopes or has a wharf and the other being the nice jagged bits. the snowy dwelling is lovely, but i want to build my own cabin thanks!

Underground
    i see three versions of this, adapted for each envoirment, a northern hemisphere or southern hemisphere, and of course glacial type. i would love to see a 5 or even 8 room underground house with skylight holes built into the ceilings, with at max the equivent of 2 stories in height for each room(do we always have to have insanely high ceilings?), a basement room and central open courtyard (think roman style for the coutryard) as part of the 5 to 8 rooms.

True Crafting Halls
    this would be at min 11 room place, they don't have to be giant. basically, an entrance room, one room for each craft, and a (basement?) storage room for all the depots. i'd really love to see a loft area that we could make into a single room housing(think beds and stuff) where we could place the apprentices as well. a spoke design would make this work great having the loft above and the basement below the central hub. the closest i've seen to date that works well(for me) is the freeblood home.
    Merriel, Katz and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Amen; I don't know what it is (or who, either the devs or the Art Dept.), but why NOT let us have straight walls and flat ground in our backyards? Seriously, thinking about the 4-room Qeynos or Freeport houses, if we in RL were to do any sort of project out in the back, I guarantee you the first thing we'd do would be to LEVEL THE GROUND. X-P

And any contractor who built walls like the ones we have to put up with would either be fired and/or in jail. Especially in California (well, there'd be a third option here: sued out of existence ["Your dang crooked walls collapsed on my family during the last earthquake! I'm callin' my lawyer!"])... ;->

And yeah, what's with the ginormous ceilings? We use up a bunch of Building Blocks flooring those into separate areas... :-/

Which Freeblood home? I've got a rent-free 6-room on one of my toons; been wondering what precisely to do with it. :)

Uwk
    Merriel likes this.
  12. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

the one with 2 rooms with a step off to each side with built in shelving, another two beside them without steps and plain stone walls, a spiral staircase to the room i store all my crafting tables, and of course a long step of stairs to a balcony.. it's the same walls as the mistmoore. i know you used to have toons on skyfire... small housing-ravenholme guild house portals, leads to all my homes.
    Merriel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  13. Moonlit_Evening Well-Known Member

Vasty Deep the Conservatory, and the Deepwater Knight Pavillion.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I still do! One's on Gold, the rest on Silver; I should visit! :)

Uwk
    scribbling down the info in the Spreadsheet of EQ2 Places ;->

EDIT: D'OH! FreeBLOOD, not FreePORT... X-P

Well, I'll visit anyway! I've always debated about getting one of those! :)
    Merriel likes this.
  15. Cataluna New Member

The Eternal Gorge is a small zone off the Commonlands.

You access it by clicking the stone at the top of Zarvonn's Tower.

I think it is an area with a lot of potential for decorating - and really, it is one of my favorite zones to just sit and think in.
    Febrith, Merriel, Katz and 1 other person like this.
  16. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

in EJ, the base of the waterfalls(below where you get the creepy eyeball tree), that whole area with the land and falls *moanz*...
  17. Merriel Well-Known Member

I want the Shimmering Citadel and Poets Palace, please. And building blocks to match all the lovely walls, floors, and ceilings in there. Also, we are still waiting for Village of Shin!
  18. CharbrynEQ2 Well-Known Member

The Laughing Trout Inn from Rivervale as a prestige home (the one inside the tree stump) with all rooms including the bar and the auditorium. Or to follow the theme of the Unrest home, the entire zone of Rivervale, either plain (just landscape, no buildings) or complete with all outbuildings and the Inn and/or Fools Gold.
  19. chattie Well-Known Member

I would love to have the Mermaid's Lure, Qeynos Docks, as a home that could be placed on a Prestige House plot, like Ethenere Enclave, Rum Runner's Cove etc. Or ..... the powers that be could pick it up and put in on an island ;) I want to be able to enter from outside as the outside is what I LOVE, *said with much excitement* Oh! I would want all the furniture removed as I want to decorate it myself:) Although I think I did ask for that wound up rope and the ship's wheel as market items, or even better they could be additions to the City Fests, or Moonlight Enchantments or Loyalty Point items which can always use more stuffs thereby enticing me to spend my hard earned currency :cool:

Another Prestige house I could love is the Tillage Patch, Moors of Ykesha.
  20. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

ohh yeah the tillage patch... all the black sand beach, the rock archway...
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Merriel like this.