The Reading Rainbow - Maj'Dul Server

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Spextasy, Dec 18, 2015.

1. Spextasy Well-Known Member

Something I did with an idea where I wanted to use a lot of color (and some of my many many stained glass tiles) and lots of books.
    It is #397 in the HoF, under Creativity / Recent, Actual Address is Shanette's Research Sanctum, Qeynos Prestige Portal, for anyone who wants to see firsthand.
    But first, some pictures!...

The Entry
    [IMG]

Entry Seating Area
    [IMG]

The Reading Rooms
    [IMG]
    [IMG][IMG][IMG]

Hallway to Living Quarters in the back
    [IMG]

Kitchen and Dining[IMG][IMG]

Parlor[IMG][IMG]

Bedroom and Bathroom
    [IMG][IMG]

Bigger Seating Area with a view[IMG]

There is also a surprise waiting in the breakout area for visitors, not pictured. Portal is located at the entrance.
    =)
    Juraiya, Mystyrys, Ocarinah and 10 others like this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

WOW! Since I sort of glossed over the text bit at the beginning, wanting to jump into the pix, I didn't realize it was a Researcher's Sanctum until that "Bigger Seating Area with a view" shot! Talk about a complete re-skin! I'm definitely gonna have to visit this soon! :)

Uwk
    who didn't do that much with Abe's Sanctum on Test; just made the region where you have your Bigger Seating Area into a detachable battleship/balcony...and it's still a WIP after the contest ;->
    Ocarinah, Valzen, Geden and 1 other person like this.
  3. Eliohia2 Active Member

wow pretty!! love all the books hehe I could live in there for sure!
  4. Katz Well-Known Member

Excellent. I love your eye for color I'll have to visit this one soon.
  5. Valzen Well-Known Member

I adore how you made "Reading Rainbow" come to life with the clever way the books and shelves are in there with all those rainbow colors. Excellent. :D
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

If you've never been in a Researcher's Sanctum, I can guarantee you this: unless she blocked off the "built-in" stuff in the main default library, the surface of sheer numbers of volumes there hasn't even been scratched yet. :D

Uwk
    who could also live in a place where the very pillars holding up the ceiling are bookshelves... :)
    Geden, Ocarinah, Jaden and 1 other person like this.
  7. Spextasy Well-Known Member

I actually did block that big round section off. =( I had actually planned on doing something with it, but alas, item count and I had a disagreement about it. :/
    Ocarinah and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I have issues decorating a place that's already really well-themed from the get-go into something completely different (I admire the complete re-skinning folks!), so my Researcher's Sanctum is probably really dull. ;-> I just used the four rooms in the "entry way" as storage for the "crew" and inhabitants, put down four teleport pads to various locations, a carpet or two, a few tiles and some explanatory books (this is on Test, where we don't really have a lot of Rares available for house actors). The main item usage came from my idea to make the balcony a separate thing, literally, though it's old tech, prone to high maintenance needs, and is Gnome/Erudite-run with a Sarnac main decorator. X-P

But the emphasis there is on protecting the books after an apocalypse. ;->

Uwk
    Ocarinah likes this.
  9. Llieam Well-Known Member

Yes, this house was a great home to visit!! I was on a guide tour we stopped buy you really did a fantastic job with the color and creativity on this one - big two thumbs up!!

LL
  10. Shadowplay Well-Known Member

This house needs some butterflies in the sky
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Grassy Knoll of Butterflies to the rescue! :D

Uwk
    Ocarinah likes this.
  12. kianne Well-Known Member

Omg!! OMG!! :D speachless xx
  13. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

I can't find it listed...did you take it down?
  14. Spextasy Well-Known Member

Nope it's still listed, it's just waaaaay up there in the HoF at #397. ;)
  15. Gracey Well-Known Member

OMG I told you to stop!!! Now STOP!! These gorgeous houses must now end! I thinks I'm gonna have to buy you many yarn balls to entertain you to get you to quit it!
  16. Spextasy Well-Known Member

lol this isn't a new publish. the post was just necro-posted a bit. :p
  17. Merriel Well-Known Member

Hehe necro-post, but yet, this truly is a lovely build even if it is an older one. :)
  18. Drusi_EQ2 Well-Known Member

She's a Time Lord as well as a Super Hero!
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh, Time Lords ARE super heroes...at least the nice ones (which seem to be the ones that do the most travelling away from Gallifrey, travel broadening the mind ;->).

Uwk
    Ocarinah and Drusi_EQ2 like this.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

All the more reason for The Powers to get us a REAL SEARCH FUNCTION for Housing... X-P

Uwk
    Ocarinah and kianne like this.