Free Transfers for Merged Servers starts Thurs, Dec 3

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Kelvani Well-Known Member

I got mine back late last night, via petition. It may take a little time but they are handling it =D
  2. Alenna Well-Known Member

oops forgot to say one who changed her name had no problem has all her house. 2 don't one of htem didn't have to change her name
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Congrats! :D

Uwk
  4. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Transferred a character to Antonia Bayle. And, no surprise, I lost my Everfrost house. I did pull everything from every house before I used the token. But that house is a one of a kind. I had BETTER get it back. Honestly, what did they do to the game that it eats houses so often when people transfer now?
  5. mouser Well-Known Member

It happens for some reason - just /petition it. It may take them a while to get it sorted with everything going on, but you should have it taken care of without issue - especially as there are no items in it.
  6. Gulaep Well-Known Member

I just got my first website ticket response updated to: GM Required
    Several posts up I wrote about my "final tally" of what happened to me in the transfer process; two homes lost.
    Here is what I presume to be a canned response (I am not saying that sarcastically): I post this for your edification.
    Note: I sent my /petition the morning or early afternoon of December 3.

---

Response Daybreak Games Support via Email 12/05/2015 04:50 PM
    Greetings,

We understand many people have lost houses in these transfers. The restore process is going to take many days (multiple hours per character and per house), really isn't a way for us to get around that, even without these free transfers going on that's how long it takes.

You can help speed up the process a bit.

Make sure your ticket contains:

Name of source server and destination server.
    Name of character pre and post transfer.
    Name and type of house(s) missing.
    Do you need the deed again?
    Attach your saved layout pre-transfer to the ticket.
    1. Login to the Daybreak Games Support Site. Click on the Service History tab
    2. Click on the subject of the incident number
    3. "Choose File" near the bottom

We appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter.

The Daybreak Games GM Team

---
    I had already given the information they needed the when I originally wrote the petition but I gave it again to keep things flowing. I of course had to throw in another response too - "What layout? Save how? What are you talking about?" I also asked them why I would want or need the deed back to the Uncanny Estate I lost. I do not want a consolation prize or a replacement, I want my original back with all it's contents along with it. I feel if I said yeah, sure..send me a new deed - I think if I used such deed then it would just be a "wash" and I'd forfeit all else.

Is there something I am not aware of or understanding or does Daybreak just presume that anyone who has an in-game home automatically knows about and installs a third-party program common amongst decorators? I do not use that program that decorators use. And if this CSR response from the GM team is asking for some other type of layout, then I have no clue about it, nor how to save one to send it.

/shrug :confused:

Gulaep
  7. Xillean Well-Known Member

Its not a 3rd party program, you can save your layout at your house door anytime and load them. However I agree they shouldn't just assume that you or anyone has actually done this. If you have ever saved your layout at the door then it will be in a folder wherever your eq2 folder is installed on your computer and you can open it with notepad and give it to them.

As far as the deed goes I am guessing they are hoping you have the layout so they can just give you a deed then load the layout you give them restoring your items making it easier on them? not sure just a guess.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Absolutely right on this; unfortunately, folks who have always just placed stuff by hand and never had to worry about /save_layout or /load_layout wouldn't know (and you don't have to be physically at the door to do so, though you have to be inside the house). Never presume, o Powers! >:-/

For those that don't know (and it's a shame to have to learn about it this way! I hope they get ALL their stuff back, and satisfaction), generally the path looks something like this (just using mine as an example; your mileage may vary):

C:\EverQ2 [my name for it --Uwk]\EverQuest II\saved_house_layouts

and there'll be a list of files in that directory with NO .extension on them, like .txt or anything, though you can open them using Notepad (hence, the Notepad Method).

If you have saved layouts on Test server like I do, there's one more level:

C:\EverQ2\EverQuest II\TestServer\saved_house_layouts

which is the directory there; when you're on Test and foodling about with your projects (/raising_paw!), that's where those wind up, so don't panic if you're looking for one from Test and not finding it in the regular one, or vice versa. :-/

Good luck, all!

Uwk
    who's also wondering; why didn't this sort of mass house loss occur with other merges, or did it? :-/
  9. mouser Well-Known Member

It isn't so much that they assume people have used that feature, but as the response says, it will make their life easier and help them get your stuff back that much faster if you have. Without that, they'd have to go through server backups and such hunting for your house file. With it, I'd assume in these circumstances they'd just take it at face value unless you got some crazy stuff showing up in your house inventory.

They're just listing all the possible information that you might have that can help them. It's a messy process in the best of times. With servers merged and transfers flying freely, the times have become more challenging...
  10. Kuulei Well-Known Member

They assume no such thing, what they do assume is that you have saved a layout of your home. That is standard on your default housing UI, the ability to save or load a layout and has nothing to do with third-party program(s).
    When you are in your home and click on the door and the housing interface opens, there are several icons at the bottom.
    "Load Layout" and "Save Layout" are the first 2 listed, followed by "Collect an Item" and "Collect All Items", "Pack Contents" and the last 2 are "Publish / Unpublish" and last "Rate House"
  11. Gulaep Well-Known Member

Not in game at the moment but I never noticed that save layout option; more importantly I never knew it was built into the game. I thought when people talked about layouts it was always the decorator tool (the third-party program I spoke of) that people used to precisely place tiles and so forth.

Had I known there was an in-game feature (meaning: had it been more visually apparent to me) I am just the type of person who would have done so. I'm just that guy, I make backups of everything, even backups of my backups at times.

I'm bummed now and I now feel there is even less of a possibility for a good outcome for me. The house? Who cares, they can just give me a new deed (in hindsight I see why they offered it now), perhaps they would even replace my depots; but three years of stuff saved up in those depots and moving crate by me and my thirteen characters - that is what I am upset and worried about.

Don't laugh, but anyone who knows me knows I am an Excel spreadsheet guy and while I did not keep a list of every item in every depot, I did keep track (counts) of every single rare, reactant, spellshard/foundation and so forth. I am losing thousands here :( not to mention hundreds of thousands in harvests and a few thousand legend and lore.

The crafted items for depots, while sad...I can replace but not all the L&L and harvests and reactants and shards/foundations; especially reactants because in three years of playing I never got one from an Exquisite chest, only from my apprentice researchers who as you know only gives level/tier appropriate reactants. All my crafters are 100 now, the researchers would not give me the lower-level reactants that I use on my characters. Have you SEEN the prices of reactants on Maj'Dul? Jeepers! Everything I have ever searched the broker for on Maj'Dul is up to 20x more expensive than it was on Antonia Bayle.

Someone call me when the count reaches seven, I'll throw the towel in defeat. *sniff

Gulaep
  12. Gulaep Well-Known Member

Well, I am in game now and I see that layout button.

For whatever lame reason I guess it just never stood out at me begging "press me! press me!" -- Dammit. Well, too little, too late now for my circumstance but I can guarantee you I will press that bad boy every single day on each of my homes just for good measure! Especially if it happens to keep track of stuff in depots and moving crates too. Not sure if it keeps track of packed/deposited stuff though but more like the stuff that's loosely placed about the home.
  13. Merriel Well-Known Member

I have noticed this about a lot of things on Maj'dul server. Unfortunately, since there are so many more people now on the one server, there really is no other reason for it than simple greed. Maybe things were higher priced on one or two of the other servers that were merged and maybe those prices reflect how much those items used to cost on those other servers, but one should not assume that because those were the prices on another server that they should continue on as the price on the new, much more populated server.

I am doing what I can to battle this by offering items I am able to purchase from different merchants at a much lower price than what I can find those same items for on the broker. Normally I do not like to undercut other's prices, but when I see those same items being sold at such an outrageously higher price than what they used to charge on my older, less populated server, I see the need to temper those prices.

Unfortunately, however, I am only one person and there is only so much I can do about it. It certainly is not my intent to try and break the market, but rather, to try and adjust it to something much more reasonable...simply that prices should not have gone up, but rather, should have maybe come down a bit, from what they were before, on my old server.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Gulaep like this.
  14. Gulaep Well-Known Member

Maybe I am a bleeding-heart Carebear but I always had the desire to root for the underdog and to help them when I can, being said underdog myself tons of times. In this respect I mean new to game, new to server, new to "how to do things better". So whenever I craft for the broker, I try my best to only charge for the cost of fuel and that's it. Of course, sure, sure... there are those who then come along and buy up everything because it's so cheap and then they resell it at a higher price! I try not to give up hope that the people I am trying to assist are getting some of the stuff.

As for the rest of them? Well, I'd like to poke their eye with a needle or put a creepy hairy spider on their face and tell them "Stop that!" (the ones who buy my stuff for re-sale or transmute)

EDIT: Up above when I said the layout button wasn't very apparent to me, I saw it all the time but never "saw it", it was just there as part of the background, my eyes were never drawn to it. They should color those blue icons RED so that they stand out and say "PRESS ME YOU FOOL!".
  15. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Guleap...it needs to say, "PRESS ME, YOU BLEEDING HEART CAREBEAR" :D *ducks*

actually, I try to be pretty competitive on pricing, usually undercutting by a slight margin to sell first. Every once in a while I'll see something crazy and drop mine a significant amount.
  16. Gulaep Well-Known Member

Aww, Kitty. I wouldn't throw anything at you...when you're looking. Hehe :D So ducking wouldn't help ya!

I tease, I tease.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I'll do that too with pricing; if something at like level 10 is offered at like 60p and is worth 60c to a vendor, I'll put it at maybe 6g at the most. Screw the evil greed-heads. :mad:

As far as prices on the Broker go, I don't think cranking up the amount of plat in circulation in the Small Bags of Platinum was the best way to handle inflation, but what do I know... /shrug

At least the transfer tokens were "free," and not subject to fluctuation beyond the Powers'... ;->

Uwk
  18. mouser Well-Known Member

Spikes in things like reactant prices will take care of themselves over time if there is a healthy population on the server.

Remember the Law of Supply: As the price of a good increases, so does it's supply. If there's enough profit in it, people will start to raise crafters of various tiers to get those reactants (I did this very thing once upon a time). More reactants will have more sellers competing, and the price will come down.
  19. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

Just fyi, the layout button does also track what's in the moving crate for the house. I do not believe it tracks depot contents though, so keep those spreadsheets.

Also, I'm not sure if it saves wandering pet locations where they currently are, or where they start from, but I think it stores the current location.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Gulaep like this.
  20. Gulaep Well-Known Member

Egads! I cannot imagine raising nine more crafters, just to have one at each tier to farm apprentice-given reactants! Geesh, anyone have $90 bucks to spare for nine more character slots? hehe :p (Teasing about the request, though the need would be real if I was to go this route.)

Why is Sony (past) and Daybreak (present) picking on me? LOL, All I ever wanted was to play three, maybe four characters - that's it! But noooooo, I got to have so many more because we are limited to one trade skill per character. And no, trade skilling for self-sufficiency and for helping others IS necessary so don't suggest I didn't need to make any crafters - because I did, I did, I did....I did! :D

Charlie Brown isn't alone here.