Free Transfers for Merged Servers starts Thurs, Dec 3

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

????? What the heck? Are you trying to do the /petition in-game, and it's not responding?? :-/

That might be getting overwhelmed, what with all the house and item issues, but you should still be able to get to their website directly (/crossing_fingers):

https://help.daybreakgames.com/app/ask/

See if that works! :-/

Uwk
    Adevil likes this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

While I agree that it should've been spelled out, or at least highlighted, from the beginning of this announcement, it's always been that way; we can't do transfers anywhere unless we have paid accounts, that's the default. Of course for folks that are either relatively new, and/or haven't ever had to look into transferring before, that really should've been made more clear; I don't remember a really obvious link to "everything you need to know about transfers but were afraid to ask" kind of page(s).

I also thought at one point that if they were going to be sticklers for the "30 days" bit, that we should've known about it no later than Nov. 3rd, to get to prepare, but it turns out that there's good news with that, in that the account in question had to have been in existence for 30+ days, not paid for 30+ days. So whew for that... :-/

I just feel for the folks that left the game before these could get resolved favorably (I hope the EU fellow knows now that the EU servers are included with the transfers now!); it's why I'm still here after 9 years, despite a few close calls in the past (Pro7 deal, I'm looking at you); things almost always get resolved with patience and understanding on both sides.

Uwk
  3. Kelvani Well-Known Member

I feel your pain. I lost all my names but one =/
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Xillean Well-Known Member

:( well that royally sucks
  5. Mythical House Item Well-Known Member

There is one on the support site, it was mentioned several times during the merge process and linked in the OP of this thread as a reminder to the rules before they edited it. Through out this whole merging deal it's been linked and/or pointed toward before they announced the free transfers. <3 reading your posts you always make me :)

------

On the support page, you can search keywords and find just about any answer you can think of. Also, in the rules and regs that everyone hits 'i accept' or 'i agree' or 'i understand' to in order to play the game it states that they can make changes at any time without notice. It's a business, after all, they are here to make money while we are here to enjoy ourselves. How and what they do to maintain this business is their decision and no where does it say they need to explain anything to us whenever we ask or define why they chose to do X or Y (it actually clearly states they don't have to). They aren't your family (though we like to think of them that way) they are a business. So while we can say 'it should have been done like this or that' the rules we all agreed to when we signed up for the game says we understand they don't /have/ to. They do on occasion as a courtesy, but really, it's not required of them by law.. and again.. we all hit the 'i understand' and 'i accept' these terms when we signed up for the game.

If you haven't read THESE already, you should probably do so -- Especially the part that clearly states " Please carefully read this Agreement before accessing, downloading, and/or using the Software and/or any Game(s). By accessing, downloading and/or using the Software and/or any Game(s), you accept and agree to be legally bound by all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement.."

Just because you /can/ skip the fine print and hit accept without reading it in full doesn't mean you /should/.
  6. Gulaep Well-Known Member

I finally got my second account moved and I am done transferring characters.

My finally tally is: (out of twelve characters moved)
    • Four lost names (one of which I was sad about losing, the other three I could care less since I hated their names)
    • One lost prestige home (Uncanny Estate) with nine depots nearly full to capacity, one lost guild hall door, and all the items shoved inside the moving crate. This was the one and only house I ever really cared about; it was my base of operations where I had all nine of my apprentice researchers and all nine of my crafter's broker boxes and thirteen crafting stations.
    • One lost apartment in Freeport with all of the contents shoved inside the moving crate, perhaps a guild door too I don't recall if I had a door there or not.
    I too put in a /petition but I do not expect anything to happen or to come of it for a while. I will try my best to be patient though that prestige was important and vital to my daily in-game life. If nothing happens after a week I will try a little whine here and maybe get some cheese from the Daybreak Devs or CSR.

But I am thrilled and happy that I got to take advantage of this free transfer offer. For the first time since I started playing in 2013 I now have all thirteen of my characters (my family) all in one place, on one server. There were bound to be some bumps and bruises and I guess it could have been a lot worse. Only two of my guys came over injured. :(

Gulaep
    (Mark)

PS: No Colby, I did NOT say I had cheese! :D
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Grats on the successes! :D

I'm done with mine, too, and because they were poor Silvers, well, let's just say sometimes it's an advantage... ;->

And I hope it all works out with the other issues favorably! :)

Uwk
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Aw, thanks! :) Ya shouldn't have...but since you did, I'll take it. ;->

Oy, tell me about it... X-P

It's almost a good thing the Pro7 deal came along, back in the day; it's how I learned as much as I knew about Transfer Tokens ... and no, they're usually not free at all, but cost $24.99 each when they aren't on sale. When I thought I might have to move all my nine Splitpaw (UK) toons somewhere back to America (two of which I'd just finished creating, to get all the crafting specialties...), l scraped and scrounged all the SC I could to get a full-price token for each of them, just in case. Then they went on sale, and I took the opportunity to buy them then; was really, really grateful I'd waited! :D

Turns out I didn't need to after all (my alts there still have them, just in case, and I haven't made any more toons there since [I have a full stable on Storms, but that's beside the point...really...]), but there was a time when we weren't getting told anything in the way of details we needed to know, about a supposedly "done deal" that was "set in concrete, indivisible, with something vaguely resembling liberty and justice for all, amen" but the folks at SOE were forbidden by the folks at SONY from really telling us anything, apparently, so I never blamed SOE for that debacle. I was sad to see probably half to 2/3 of SOE's customer base flat-out leave as a direct result of it. Lost some good folks that way, both players and employees. :(

Uwk
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I take that back; I did have 2 names I had to tweak, one of which was okay, since it was something I came up with quickly when I needed a first name that wasn't from the Random Generator...the other one's more of an issue, but it was something I pretty much swiped from another fictional universe, so I shouldn't complain too loudly. ;->

Uwk
  10. Alenna Well-Known Member

I have waiting on them ot reply to my reply to them saying my characters were aldrady on teh server I wanted them transfered to i'm wanting my prestige houses which still have not arrived as of today. making me a unhappy camper here.
  11. Alenna Well-Known Member

to late for me sigh
  12. Xillean Well-Known Member

Well if you have ever saved your layout ever then it should still be in that folder, may not be up to date but would be ebtter then nothing
  13. Alenna Well-Known Member

not these characters they are low levels so didn't have much in thier houses but i'd just put some of my lore and legend rewards and books in the mistmoore craig estates of cuchuliand before I transfered him.
  14. Xillean Well-Known Member

Well :( Hopefully a GM will be able to fix it anyhow without a list.
  15. Kristabella Well-Known Member

Yes, I petitioned. Usually after submitting a report I get the auto email, saying someone will be in touch shortly, I didn't even get that confirmation. It did give me a reference number. But still nothing yet. Until I can get my house back on all of my toons, I can't do much in the way of the broker. All the stuff I took off the broker had to be put somewhere. Not to mentiosn I only ahve one slot, cuz my house is not showing up.

I thought maybe if I buy the Mistmore Estate, even though I got it free, it might all just appear, no such luck. I even tried to load in a saved house, none was there. So, as not to confuse DBG more than they are already, I relinquished that empty house.

Hoping this gets addressed soon.
  16. jeradl Member

The transfer period needs to be longer than one week. With a 2per day limit that simply is not enough time for many people to move their characters. Make it like a month or something. Not only would it ease stress on players it would also ease stress on DBG since not everyone would be trying to mad rush get it done. One week was a horrible idea for all parties involved.
    Eldann likes this.
  17. Kristabella Well-Known Member

You can move all your toons. If you go to Page 1 in this thread you will see a post near the beginning that explains this.

Roshen the Community Manager said"
    • You can move more than two characters per day. An account will be able to move up to 100 characters (although each character can only move for free one time)."
  18. Kristabella Well-Known Member

Update on my missing houses. Only 1 of my characters got to keep her name. The rest I had to rename. When I checked a few of them I assumed they all didn't have homes, but as it turns out, the ONE character that I did NOT have to rename, has everything intact.

So, the conclusion would be it was the renaming that caused this issue. If DBG would kindly deed my houses to the new character names, I think all will be well. All my toons previous names and new names were in my petition, to make it easy on ya :)
  19. Gulaep Well-Known Member

I do not think re-naming was the issue. I lost two houses. A normal apartment in Freeport belonging to a character that needed a renaming, and my most important property, my Uncanny Estate prestige belonging to a character that did not need to be renamed. In fact, it was the prestige I lost first. He was the second character I transferred.
    Eldann and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  20. Alenna Well-Known Member

no the only one of the three characters I transfered had to change her name of the 2 that are having trouble 1 I had to change the name of the other I didn't so it isn't that.