How to Make Money in Norrath: A Guide for New and Old Alike

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Sigrdrifa, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Awkk Well-Known Member

Trying to follow that link from the Internet Wayback Machine led to a red screen with virus alerts and a voice over telling me to call a number to remove the virus and spyware that the page had, presumably, just tried to install. If someone still has the Ripchi file, maybe they could rehost it in a safe place.

Weight means nothing anymore. You can carry tailor made packs or carpenter made boxes, absolutely no difference.
  2. Awkk Well-Known Member

A link would be nice. Can you post a link?
  3. Barak Member

Eles and Awkk like this.
  4. Eles Well-Known Member

[IMG]
  5. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Well any advice where to go for cash in low 90s? I found so far only 1 place that net 10-15pp per run - Obelisk in Moors of Yekesha but mobs are level 80...
  6. Guurzak Active Member

With the new loyalty plat bags a member will average 200pp a day just for showing up. If you're not a member then you're probably going to struggle with being broke no matter what you do.
  7. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

I am a member :) and yes I notice that this 500pp bag for 5 loyalty tokens about the only source of plat in ToT... Still I think I got an idea that I am going to test. AoM drop plethora of plat of trash mobs specially lizards ...I can run really fast lizard instance in my ToT gear - that's easy 15-20pp per run but you of course right 5 tokens for bag is the fastest way
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Do the item-triggered quests in Thalumbra, then put the Dirt-encrusted keys on the broker. They're selling briskly.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  9. Smite Active Member

Didn't that get removed when the old raid zone plat rewards were dropped from the game?
  10. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

I wonder - what in the chests? So far I managed to master only 1 quest :) collect mushrooms in the ocean
  11. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Nope Obelisk in MoY zone always have cash reward for boss before last room and it anywhere from 11 to 18pp and whole zone was so much fan to run and never took longer than 10-15 minutes
  12. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Every one of the Terrors of Thalumbra Item-Triggered Quest chests gives the same reward - A Dirt-encrusted key. If you examine the key and unpack it, you will get a silver engraving that you sell for status, and a key. The key may be gold, platinum, or umbrite. These keys will open a similarly-named chest somewhere in Thalumbra.

Gold chests give loot that's advanced solo quality.
    Platinum chests give loot of heroic instance quality.
    Umbrite chests reward raid-quality loot.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  13. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Thank you for the link! I started actually succeed in some of those time events - for me so far 3 event where I do 100% success,
    collect mushrooms (by long shot easiest I think), kill 50 poxfiendlings (even thou I did not know that I can get carapas right on spot and spend good 2-3 minutes looking for locust to kill I finished event with more 3 minutes lefts ... AoE + warlock :)). I have been moderately successful with destroying boulders on the battlefield - trick was ignore attackers and just kill destroying stones .. So far got like 4 or 5 gold keys but never seen a chest :)
  14. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I have been moderately successful with destroying boulders on the battlefield - trick was ignore attackers and just kill destroying stones[/quote]

Equip the pick. It makes everything on the field non-aggro to you and your merc/pet. Try to avoid AOEs. If you AOE and hit non aggro mobs, they tend to take it badly and want to mash your face.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  15. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

You would not believe how many AoE melee attack can land warlock armed with pickaxe :(
    clapisback likes this.
  16. kurghan Active Member

Equip the pick. It makes everything on the field non-aggro to you and your merc/pet. Try to avoid AOEs. If you AOE and hit non aggro mobs, they tend to take it badly and want to mash your face.[/quote]
    Hi where can I pick up these key quests please.
    Regards
    kurghan
  17. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Singular Focus is your friend. There will always be situations in which if you AOE, you are going to pull down the whole area on your head. Usually, we learn how to avoid this in places like the sewers under Qeynos, Stormhold, and the like. Use only Thunderclap and Acid and keep Singular Focus on while you do this quest.
  18. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

19. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

It were much simpler problem ... forgot to turn of magical overflow :)
    As for cash hoarding now days .... honestly unless you are farming something with botting only few things are working
    a) Dirt encrusted keys (yes guilty as charged - had to start selling them in bulk in order to get some plat for SLR) - sells anywhere from 500 to 800 depending on days
    b) Shiny from Stigians AS (sells from 200 to 3-4k easy depending on piece)
    c) SLR very rare loot from from AS (like Rend - ranged want from KP - AS)
    d) have more or less constant group and do SLR on some loot - spit can easy get to each member 3-5k
  20. Eles Well-Known Member

Is okay, I really appreciate your efforts. People like me we don't have time to do the keys. I'm a happy customer