Free Transfers for Merged Servers starts Thurs, Dec 3

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Xevran Well-Known Member

You need to be all-access to receive your "free" transfer that we were promised. If you are all access maybe try logging out and back in?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

It's only free compared to the usual $24.99 price tag. I saved up enough SC back in the day and pounced on them when they went on sale during the Pro7 scare for all my Splitpaw toons, just in case...all 9 of them. X-P

Uwk
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Not if you're on the same account and just moving from one server to another; it's really easy. :)

Relatively; just make sure you follow the official instructions at the beginning of this thread for moving. Mostly, make SURE your Shared Bank is cleared out, and make sure you pick up any items you have in other people's houses or guild halls so those items can go with you. Unpublish houses, dungeons, etc. And your guilds won't transfer with you, even if you're the leader. I think that's about it, but check with the official steps at the beginning.

Uwk
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

It won't be in an email; it'll be in an in-game mail. It should be; logging out and in again should help.

If you've paid by Krono, like me, make sure they have it officially noted as being there in your character sheet, near the bottom.

Uwk
  5. Alenna Well-Known Member

I did but the prestige houses for 2 of my characters did not show up.
  6. Sareene Member

Ok, first character transferred after second attempt. However her house is gone! It was a newbie house in Halas and I did not have anything that I cannot replace, (assuming I can get another tradeskill apprentice).

I am not afraid to move anymore, because of the houses disappearing. I have prestige houses with significant items counts including depots which are not cheap to replace!.

I do hope the housing issue does get addressed.

I still appreciate this opportunity to transfer characters! A very decent thing to do! :)
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Make sure you do a /petition for those; the GMs are busy fielding those. :-/

I really lucked out, apparently; haven't lost anything yet... :-/

Uwk
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Again, /petition. This won't be anything new for the Powers. :-/

You're not afraid to move? You're brave! :)

I imagine it will be, 'cause there'll be a lot of rage if it isn't, I'm sure. :-/

This is true! :)

Uwk
  9. Sareene Member

LOL Thanks for the catch there :p I MEANT to say I am NOW afraid to move :p
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Darn typos; the "W" and "T" are fairly close to each other. :)

Uwk
  11. Xillean Well-Known Member

Most probably have done this but for those who haven't moved yet and are worried about your houses, make sure you save the layout then go into where your eq2 folder is and copy and open it with notepad and save it to word, notepad something on your desktop for quick access and to give a exact list if needed to the gm helping you with your house issues.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Exactly! Excellent point; we should remind the Powers to itemize this on their "what to do when you transfer" list. :)

Uwk
    Xillean likes this.
  13. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

A little upset that you have to be All-Access to transfer..
    Xevran, Rose and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  14. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Darn! I am so nervous now about houses not transfering. My priority for characters to move now are those that never did claim their special houses. LoN houses and CE houses just are not worth the risk of losing... :(
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Can either be done Krono as a one-time deal or recurring subbing for $14.99/month.

I went the Krono route, so I wouldn't have to remember to shut off the auto-pay feature. ;->

Uwk
  16. Rose Well-Known Member

This is a request for Roshen and or Holly to respond to my original post, as well as to others that posted concerning the same thing. I am all access, but for those who are not, I am asking for an explanation as to why Roshen added the prerequisite of having to be all access to be able to transfer.....and why Holly's original FAQ concerning the "free transfer for everyone that moved is not being honored". All who play this game are part of the EQ2 community, and I feel that the entire community deserves to know why this happened. I see that you, Roshen, responded to other posts, but not one response to the sudden change regarding the free transfers.

Sincerely,
    ~Rose~
  17. Crulnadh New Member

All this mess reminds me back then as I was gone for a bit from the game. As I returned I found almost all friends gone as SOE split the server into Crushbone and AB. They also offered a time limited server switch with a ridicolus short time frame. Well, that was the day the game died for me as they pulled the carpet from beneath my paws and with it my rp friends.
    I had no idea I would see this happening again.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rose like this.
  18. Xillean Well-Known Member

So after finally finishing my moves of my 14 toons, 5 lost their names and 2 lost all of thier homes :/ So hopefully the homes get fixed.
  19. Tabri Well-Known Member

I have transferred my characters a lot of times through the years and to the houses not showing subject sometimes it takes a while and a few reboots for them to show up. For f2p players my husbands account was also f2p to transfer him I just went and bought a krono for the time to move his toons over.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Crossing fingers for your houses! :-/

Uwk
    Juraiya and Xillean like this.